Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 29 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Tournament: Envious of the Green and Gold

Lol@ London_Hilton. Funny, but you should replace 'Atma' with Akara, unless I'm missing something.

I owe you two screenies from last session :
    That Halls of the Dead 3 situation where I used CoS (it got worse - the Champion spearthrowers hadn't entered the fight yet)
    Martina finally having a clear line of fire to Coldworm.

Claw Viper Temple level 2 was quite hectic with another snake boss (CE something Claw Viper) showing up on the western side. Thankfully, Fangskin never woke up until that pack was defeated. Snakes (even Salamanders) burn quite well on players 1.

I knew Blunderbores in the Palace would be tough. Strong meleers with lots of life and fire immune on top of that.
    This guy was the worst. In the screenie, you can't see what aura it has. It's Might. :o

The Gorebellies in the seven tombs were equally nasty and harder for Jemali to damage (because of cold immunity). Good for Martina that they could be burned. Well, most of them. (aura this time is Holy Shock).

I took on Duriel on players 1, hoping to quickly reduce his life with Crushflange. But Martina almost could not hit him with that mace so I gave that up and went 'Decoy spamming, potions-for-merc, and burn' instead. That worked really well and the fight was over faster than I expected. The drop was hilariously bad:
    - Rare ring
    - Flawless skull
    - Four(!) TP scrolls

There was a very nasty Poison Spinner boss pack near the stairs of the Spider Cavern. Not quite a stairs trap, but almost. Boss was Conviction + LE + Magic Resistant. The MR meant it was difficult to kill, and since Poison Spinners are poison immune, I could not stop its regeneration other than possibly with an Impaler hit and I did NOT want to get that close to it! Not with LR way down in the negatives...

The Sszark fight, on the other hand, went much better. I got the opportunity (while keeping the distance) to test how long it took for Sszark to kill a Decoy. She held up so well that I did not hesitate to go for some CS action. I recast the Decoy when Sszark was half dead and then again when Sszark fled to a wall, where Jemali could do the final stabbing.

No success with the dozen or so Pgem rerolls of a Grand Charm, trying to score a Coral (or at least Ocher/Shimmering). No Gloams in the Marsh though, so I could proceed without much risk even with 31% lightning resist. I am going to skip Swampy Pit for a while since Gloams can spawn there. Arachnid Lair is cleared out, though.

Recent finds:
    Magnus' Skin
    Razor's Edge (first EU, but deemed useless and sold)
    Tal Rasha's Fine-Spun Cloth
    Hexfire
    a second Fal rune

Conqueror Martina the Immozon and Jemali the Holy Freeze guard, level 84, 13 S/U items equipped, Hell Lower Kurast next
    Last edited by jiansonz; 01-05-2013 at 20:11.

IncGamers Member

London soon realized that having lots of distress over the rats wasn't really going to help her in anyway. First of all, while it was quite fashionable at home in her social circle to have some sort of therapy going on(actually, when she left, the latest rage was therapy against therapy addiction, which was just too weird even for her), she wasn't at home, and no one here would find it remotely interesting that she was squeamish about rats. Second of all, her doctor wasn't even here. Thirdly, she found that a ready cure for being distressed about having to fight rats, was actually killing rats. Which sounded sort of paradoxical, but London really couldn't care less. So after a little self help therapy, she ventured back forth into the field. She got the feeling that sticking around in the camp wasn't helping her make friends anyway.

But to her surprise, soon after she was welcomed back with a genuine welcoming committee. Everybody cheered, and there would even have been cake, if there had been food, or indeed, if cake had already been invented. It wasn't, so London wasn't really in a position to miss it anyway. Akara welcomed her with the following words: "It has never been a greater pleasure for us to see a hero succeed in their personal quest. But you did it London, so feel free to go home with pride. Really. The exit is right over there, so go."
    "What? I succeeded in what?"
    "Well, you wanted to find green and gold items, and look at this! When I took stock of the last batch of crap... err, I mean, the last batch of battlefield spoils that you sold me, I noticed like 60 or so green items! It's great! You are bedecked in green!"
    "Wait, what?"
    "Seriously dummy, don't you even check your own possessions? I'm talking about that set of 60 green javelins you returned, you know, the septic javelins of frost? So anyway, congratulations, and please leave. Now. Please?"
    "I almost get a feeling I'm not welcome here!"
    "Whatever gave you that idea? You are extremely welcome, as long as you don't enter the camp. We absolutely love for you to be somewhere else. Seriously!"
    "Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but those don't qualify."
    "Why not? They are green, and you know, there are a lot of them! You could make a really big scarecrow out of them, or a picket line, or play giant mikado even. Just, you know, not here!"
    "I am not looking for magic items that happen to be green, I want set or unique items!"
    Akara pouted: "Oh please. Can't you just take the javelins and leave? Look, what if I take my magic wand and use it to engrave your name in them? You could name them London's Javelins. Your very own set item!"
    "No! I want genuine authentic set & gold items to brag about to my friends!"
    "Well, couldn't you go hunt for them somewhere else? I hear there's a lot of REALLY great items in ...ehm, Warriv, can you help me out here?"
    "Sure! I think the Swamps of Misery are far away enough for my taste... Oh, sorry, I mean, there are really great items there!"
    "Right. Not convincing."
    "Fine, fine. Ok. Just, you know, be diligent in your search, so don't come back to the camp too much. Or, at all."
    "I'll just ignore your remarks. And as far as the lovely green javelins go, you can all collectively stick them where the sun doesn't shine!"

After that bracing encounter, London felt inspired to go out there and find better things. Seeing as how she eventually found herself in a graveyard, complete with a crazy zombie raising woman, her quality evaluation as to what had to be better things then the camp was pretty out of whack. Thankfully, she found some unexpected encouragement. Hsaru's Iron Fist! While the red colour was not entirely to her taste on a buckler, she figured it would be advantageous, since blood probably wouldn't really show up too much on a blood red shield.

After she killed the crazy lady in the graveyard, she figured it was time to do something about the man/woman ratio in the camp. It took a bit of time and work, including killing a rather scary looking former blacksmith zombie. However, to see the tremulous smile on the face of the old geezer, the stammers of joy, the tears of gratitude, and of course the promise of identifying magic items for free made for a gratifying reward.

While London was looking around for the old guy, she also found this weird book on a pedestal, which mentioned an old tower. Apparently, there was loads of treasure to be found inside. Naturally, this appealed to London's sense of right and justice and the freedom of redistribution of financial goods. So she happily ventured into the tower, and after many, many stairs, and many many monsters, she finally reached a point where there were no more stairs to traverse.

Instead, there was a lot of cash, and another lady villain. But something told London this one would be more to her liking:
    "Would you like a bloodbath?"
    "Oh my, would I ever! Seriously, I finally meet someone here who is interested in body hygiëne and skincare! Do you have any idea what those heathens back in the camp are like? Not to mention all of those smelly demons... and frankly, nothing is more appalling then the undead. I also had to fight rats for a bit, but I'm thankfully starting to come to terms with that. And through all of those ordeals, I just missed my friends, like, SOOOO much. You know, we could chat about the latest heroes, and the latest fashion, and on how to take good care of our bodies too! Apart from the bloody guts from your minions I just butchered, it's like I'm back home! So tell me, you think a bloodbath is best for the skin? I heard it said that mule's milk has very purifying properties as well. Makes the skin feel very smooth and soft, you know. It also makes it easier to deal with those pesky leg hairs for shaving. But I never really tried blood. So what does that do?"

The countess was a bit thrown by this exuberant greeting: "Well, ehm, it's... refreshing?"
    "Yeah, but so is a bath in plain water. But I do imagine that it will give your skin more of a ruddy afterglow, won't it? Anyway, what sort of blood do you use?"
    "Ehm, I was going to use yours..."
    "Hey now! Let's leave my blood right where it is! Besides, I would sort of think you'd go for the blood of something else, like, ehm, The fallen or something. There are like zillions of them, and if you bleed them dry and toss the body in front of a shaman, it'll come straight back to life... Endless blood supply, anyone?"
    "Look, I'm evil. It's part of my jobtemplate to crave the blood of the innocent. Dealing with you herotypes is enough of a stretch as it is, since most of you are far from innocent. Especially Necromancers toe the line in the moral department. But we usually manage to squeeze you lot in the target group, since you are all out there slaying our fellow demons and undead and rats. Now, if I started to bathe in the blood of the Fallen, they'd cast me out. And after another millenium or so, I'm looking at a very cushy job tormenting tax evaders in the seventh layer of hell. On the other hand, if I bathed in your blood, I would not only stay properly evil, but I would also get bonus points for being cruel and original. I might even squeeze my promotion in a couple of decades sooner then planned, although such a thing is really hard to come by in an evil bureaucracy!"

"Oh, so I guess we are going to have to fight then, instead of chatting?"

"It looks that way..."

"Are you really sure about that? I mean, you saw what happened to all of your minions right?"

"I'll take my chances."

"Well, let's go!"

<Cue bloody mayhem for about 5 seconds.>

"Sigh. Back to the seventh layer of hell.... Err, I mean the camp it is..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@zaphod: You are obviously right. I rectified it above

@jiansonz: Well, look at that, set item number one! Look out world, here I come!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the top story says it all. Nothing overly exciting happening so far. Tamoe Highlands next., and then it's cloister time!

London_Hilton, level still too low to mention, mental health: a tad depressed, about having to go back to the camp where she isn't all that welcome. Set & unique items: 1. I also have a rogue in tow, but heck if I recall her name atm. It's not important anyway, she is quite temporary. I just can't seen to handle controlling them at all, so I wind up preferring all the other classes more then them. (And yes, I read Jiansonz post).

Question: How do I link images? Is there a maximum size involved?
    Question 2: Is there a list which says when to start gambling for specific set and unique items? Like a certain dagger?

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin The Wizzard View Post
    Question: How do I link images? Is there a maximum size involved?
    Try the 'insert image' icon (two steps to the right of the usual 'Link' icon). Hmm, gonna try it myself. Looks like you can either link to an image stored on the web or upload one from the computer:
    schrodingerscat_thumb.gif
    Yup, looks like it's working. No clue about maximum size, though.

Question 2: Is there a list which says when to start gambling for specific set and unique items? Like a certain dagger?
    This list shows the qlvl of both the base items and the specific S/U items. Since the ilvl on gambled items can go down as low as clvl-5, you should be 5 levels above the highest of the two qlvls in question to guarantee that every gamble results in an ilvl that is high enough.
    Last edited by jiansonz; 23-04-2013 at 19:37. Reason: better word choice

IncGamers Member

Thanks for the advice Jiansonz. By the way, great progress on your Amazon, but I wouldn;t really expect otherwise from you

I tried to link up images of the buckler and the javelins on photobucket, but it either failed or filled my entire screen with the image, and it's supposed to be a linkie right? Hence the question. But I'll just try it again another time. It's not like these pictures were that epic to start with :P

I tried to link up images of the buckler and the javelins on photobucket, but it either failed or filled my entire screen with the image, and it's supposed to be a linkie right? Hence the question. But I'll just try it again another time. It's not like these pictures were that epic to start with :P
    If you do not want to actually paste in the pics (like I did with the cat above) but use links (like I do in my character reports) you should get hold of the 'direct link' URL at Photobucket, mark the text you want to use as link then use the 'Link' icon and paste the URL there.

Quote Originally Posted by MerlinTheWizzard
    Thanks for the advice Jiansonz. By the way, great progress on your Amazon, but I wouldn;t really expect otherwise from you
    Thanks. But my Blaze Sorc died in Act III Normal, so major failures do happen for me. She was my fourth HC death in Normal in tourneys over the last few years.

Martina encountered a puzzling situation in Kurast Bazaar, a Champ pack of Sextons. They kept healing each other, and the barrage of spells was tough for merc and Decoy. Standard way for me to deal with these is to separate them, which is usually done with skills (Bash, Smite, kicks, TK, etc.). Not available to Martina. Then it struck me, Cliffkiller has Knockback.

I did not lower the players setting for Ruined Temple (kept going on /p3). Big mistake. Start was OK. There was a Flesh Hunter boss pack that attacked right away but the boss had only 3 minions with her, and their abilities were not nasty (CE something). Then came the vampires (Night Lords). Big boss pack and one or two regular packs, so about a dozen of them. I had killed a Night Lord boss pack in the first temple so I knew it was going to take time and hurt a lot. Martina has 85% fire resistance but even she can't take Meteor barrages for minutes on end. Merc has under 50% resist. I added a couple of Cloak of Shadow castings but ultimately decided to plunge deeper into that large first chamber and portal out. I was met only by a regular Spider Magus pack. Good.

Portalled back and killed 3 of the spiders. No vampire had followed, very nice. When we attacked the fourth and final spider, three of Sarina's extra fast minions charged. We pulled back and killed them. However, that last spider turned out to be a real pain, both because my merc (the moron!) chased after it so the entire remains of Sarina's pack came storming! Extra Fast Spectral Hit Extra Strong LE Sarina and 7-8 of her minions. Plus that spider that kept poisoning the Decoy so she couldn't survive 4 seconds against the pack.

I TPed out and swithed out my spear for the dagger and shield setup. This was a precaution because if the pack would ever manage to mob me when I was shieldless, it would likely mean game over. So every entry through the portal was done with the shield up and I kept it that way until I had cast Decoy and CoS, only switching to bow when I had some distance and an exit TP ready.

It's hard to describe how messy that fight was. I think I resurrected Jemali 6 times, made at least 10 town trips and my full rejuve supply I had brought in that session went from 14 to 2! Sweet victory. When I could finally enter Sarina's room, the only monster there was a Night Lord. The Night Lord boss pack was still back by the entrance. I could later lure them out a few at a time from the other end.

It was next to impossible to keep Jemali alive in this fight, so I barely tried. Money was in much greater supply than purples at this stage, and Jemali wasn't needed in this fight. Slow Missiles makes it easy to dodge the Unholy Bolts in case the Decoy gets destroyed. Then I just recast it.

The Treebeast From Hell. This fight went quite well because I kept spamming Decoy between my Immolation Arrows.

I had learned my lesson and played the other four temples on p1. Only one more boss stairs trap in the temples: a Blessed Aim something bat pack in Ruined Fane.

Recent finds:
    Toothrow unique Sharktooth Armor
    Isenhart's Parry

Conqueror Martina the Immozon and Jemali the Holy Freeze guard, level 85, 13 S/U items equipped, Hell Travincal next
    Last edited by jiansonz; 04-09-2013 at 16:09.

IncGamers Member

Very nice progress jiansonz, though it seems its one man tourney right now...As for Thor, he finished Normal difficulty and i parked him somewhere around Black Marsh NM (probably month ago), unfortunately i had no time for playing him since then, hopefully next week during short holiday...I will do real write-up after finishing Act1, i promise

GL to all and especially to You, jiansonz

Yup, definitely one-man tourney. Good luck!

I finally found a bit of play time. Hagar has reached Normal Kurast Bazaar and has retrieved Khalim's body parts. Last update was such a long time back ... let's see what's happened since then.

Main gear update is Milabrega's shield. I don't remember ever being so excited on finding one. The merc lost some MF as I found Isenhart's Case and had to equip it. Effective MF is now 76 for both me and the merc, so I have started becoming more active in killing.

Killing is mainly through merc (with decrepify support), poison explosion (great against dragonflies and the like) and level 2 poison nova (effective against big mobs and hard to reach critters like water monsters) I don't feel the mana pinch except when using poison nova but even that is only used once every 2 seconds, so it's not bad.

Gambling targets have now been expanded to anything that gives mana: daggers, skull caps, caps, chain gloves. I'm also gambling for unique daggers so I can use poison dagger. Anyway, the count is now over 500 items gambled for zilch.

I am still going, and I am currently at Act3 Hell Lower Kurast. I have not had much time to play, but I hope to make it through Act 3 and do a proper update soon. (Sorry for continual promises to do "a proper update"!)

Way to go, Jianz!