Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Diablo 3 on Playstation 3 / Playstation 4 Confirmed

Title says it all, via the Sony PS4 livestream just now.

Discuss.

Edit - Screenshots too now.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...ion-4#comments
    Last edited by Elly; 21-02-2013 at 01:42. Reason: Added link to newly released shots. Elly.

IncGamers Member SuggestiveName's Avatar

Re: D3 on PS3/PS4 Confirmed

Called it years ago. Feel vindicated.

IncGamers Member

I figured it was inevitable, just wasn't sure which console. The way the game is designed was wayyy too obviously console-friendly.

All those people that said D3 sucks because of consoles..... probably feel pretty good right now.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    All those people that said D3 sucks because of consoles..... probably feel pretty good right now.
    Well, I, like many other people, called it. Didn't take much other than one look at the skill UI and the fact that multiplayer games are limited to four people. Do I feel good? Not at all. This just tells me that D3 will never get the depth it needs. The Diablo franchise is officially dead.

For a second I was hoping for a Titan or SC:Ghost announcement, but suddenly Diablo 3. Meh.

On the other hand I feel that it's great news for Diablo franchise. Why? Well - there are two options:

a) If they just port the PC version, the console Diablo 3 will be a major flop when it comes to sales. Maybe then Blizzard will finally recognize that they need to step their game up and fix the damn game mostly in terms of customization, replayablity and itemization.

b) If they're planning on doing a major overhaul of Diablo 3 for the consoles, maybe we'll finally get some of the most burning D3 issues fixed.

To be honest, I think that they will just port the PC version and maybe change it a bit. The game will be a major flop. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by MathewPoland View Post
    For a second I was hoping for a Titan announcement, but suddenly Diablo 3. Meh.

On the other hand I feel that it's great news for Diablo franchise. Why? Well - there are two options:

a) If they just port the PC version, the console Diablo 3 will be a major flop when it comes to sales. Maybe then Blizzard will finally recognize that they need to step their game up and fix the damn game mostly in terms of customization, replayablity and itemization.

b) If they're planning on doing a major overhaul of Diablo 3 for the consoles, maybe we'll finally get some of the most burning D3 issues fixed.

To be honest, I think that they will just port the PC version and maybe change it a bit. The game will be a major flop. End of story.
    SAAAAAME. Ugh. Why do I let them ALWAYS get my hopes up. I probably woulda been happy with any other game than D3 being announced lol (even though we knew it was going to consoles), even an expansion talk woulda been amazing.

I hope more comes out of it with an exclusive partnership

IncGamers Member

Wait, called it? Blizzard all but flat out said the game will be coming to consoles long before game release.

Now, this will be interesting from three perspectives:
    1. How much will the UI change? (Possible vindication for "D3 UI sucks because consoles" crowd.)
    2. Will Blizzard pick up the pace on patching the game?
    3. Will the two gaming populations (PS3 and PC) be connected?

You are absolutely insane if you think D3 will flop on consoles, rofl... And yea, Diablo franchise if officialy dead for anyone looking for any depth in a game he plays. Pretty sad day, to be honest.

BattleTag Ignatius-1870

I thought this was common knowledge that they had a console version in the works.