Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Re: New life expected in Dawnmaster's Mansion

and you'll get to know which cry is what: I'm hungry. Change me, damnit. My head hurts because I bomped your mouth. Seriously, that **** hurts. When my nephew was learning how to support his neck on his own, his neck was wobbly and often times he hit my mouth. So glad I was not wearing my lip ring.

On a late night trip to the beach, I was talking to Man Friend about things when we were kids and how we were both into the opposite sex at a young age. And then that went from cooties to chicken pox and it was determined that chicken pox is the herpes of five year olds.

WHAT?! Don't look at me like that! One touch of an Infested and then your kid has them!! Stop looking at me like that. You know that **** was funny! OR you don't have my awesome sense of humor and to that I say... To each their own.

Chicken pox... *grumble grumble* Haha, my mom thought my dad was hitting me... yeah, because chicken pox totally looks like abuse.

DM, just be patient and try not to freak out (esp. if it's a boy and he pees in the air while changing the diaper). You're stronger and wiser than you think.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Here is how it works.

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

My mother always screeched to me that I never came with a manuel/handbook. And if she didn't screech it, she said it.

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

You came out of her womb, so it's her who had to provide that malual, right?

There are many books about educating children. The problem is that 50% are crap and you don't know which the 50% good ones are.
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
    DM, just be patient and try not to freak out (esp. if it's a boy and he pees in the air while changing the diaper). You're stronger and wiser than you think.
    Heard this story from many many people, always pay attention, and point the splashing thingy into a non-dangerous direction.
    I consider myself pretty 'strong of will' and 'fairly wise', but only time will tell how I actually cope with the 'situation'.

Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post

There are many books about educating children. The problem is that 50% are crap and you don't know which the 50% good ones are.
    I gave up listening to profs/docs and reading books about it all.

The best info sofar, I get from family and friends, and using basic/common sense.

But the problem is that any source of info is being 'forced' upon us, or it inflicts a huge amount of pre-guilt.

eg:
    we went to a child-caring meeting 'kind en gezin', and were expecting info about how to raise the baby the first year after being born
    but instead they were complaining about how everybody does everything wrong, and kept showing us pictures of disfigured babies

I found it highly unpleasant to be there...

Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post

they're good books - from what I know, 50% of their times babies are crapping.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnmaster View Post
    Heard this story from many many people, always pay attention, and point the splashing thingy into a non-dangerous direction.
    I consider myself pretty 'strong of will' and 'fairly wise', but only time will tell how I actually cope with the 'situation'.

I gave up listening to profs/docs and reading books about it all.

The best info sofar, I get from family and friends, and using basic/common sense.

But the problem is that any source of info is being 'forced' upon us, or it inflicts a huge amount of pre-guilt.

eg:
    we went to a child-caring meeting 'kind en gezin', and were expecting info about how to raise the baby the first year after being born
    but instead they were complaining about how everybody does everything wrong, and kept showing us pictures of disfigured babies

I found it highly unpleasant to be there...
    Ouch, that is unpleasant.
    You're right. Common sense will do. Being overprotective will do a lot of harm. Don't become a "helicopter-parent", monitoring every little move the child makes!

As for peeing - boys may have a hose which can be avoided, but we girls get it our way. I was told that during one of the first check ups the doctor did, I weed all over his coat.

Oh and something usefull I saw on my many many visits to Northern Ireland: in the UK, nearby public lavatories, there's usually a "baby changing room".
    My friend and I agreed this was very handy indeed. Imagine you have a baby you don't like, I suppose you go in there and change it for one you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Oh and something usefull I saw on my many many visits to Northern Ireland: in the UK, nearby public lavatories, there's usually a "baby changing room".
    My friend and I agreed this was very handy indeed. Imagine you have a baby you don't like, I suppose you go in there and change it for one you do like.
    Is there a time window in which to decide before waranty expires orso?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnmaster View Post
    Is there a time window in which to decide before waranty expires orso?
    Funnily, those places rarely have any windows, let alone time windows.