Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Re: New life expected in Dawnmaster's Mansion

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    You lack perception. Your son was (and hopefully still is) gifted.

[...]
    You spotted the fact I typed "gifted", not simply gifted, right? Context and all.
    Rest assured, I am in no doubt about the gifts both my sons possess.

Back to my own bragging:

-came home to find this on my desk... {/wipetear}
    Man, that boy is scamming you something fierce ...

Seriously though, be grateful you have a decent one there. You may be a little bit proud too, I'll permit it.

Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    Man, that boy is scamming you something fierce ...
    I'm cynical enough that the thought had crossed my mind when he wrote the altruistic essay. I've had 10 years on the job you know. Plus, he's smart enough to tell teachers what they want to hear.

Still, even if he was faking (or more likely, just dealing with the abstract of $100 rather than the lust of potential), the fact that he's putting two & two together and thinking ahead in making himself ACT better assures me that he's got more sense than half (or more) of his peers.

Have you recently been to a restaurant with American children?

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Well, if they go through proper childbirth, unlike my own son's, they look 'squeezed'. Because they are. Coming out the 'pipe' supposedly is healthier, because those born through Cesarian have to have extra steps taken to ensure breathing & so forth.
    Hey I started life as a purple conehead.
    and back then I had a foreskin.

Spoiler

Hehe, when I was born, I was cut out (because my big melon-head wouldn't fit I suppose ), and when I came out I didn't cry. At all. Airways were clear and everything, I was just chillin' like a villain! They were afraid I may have had Down's Syndrome (SILENCE!!!)! They were concerned for a while because I hardly ever cried, I was just a super cool baby I guess. It wasn't long until they realized I was fine and really laid back and cool about things. I was like a little Fonzy baby. And what's Fonzy like Yolanda?
    Spoiler

Anyway, congrats on the breeding and stuff. What's always bothered me is the idea of the baby pooping and peeing inside the mother.

I'll let you think about that as you try to fall asleep.

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

I'm cynical enough that the thought had crossed my mind when he wrote the altruistic essay. I've had 10 years on the job you know. Plus, he's smart enough to tell teachers what they want to hear.
    A combination of altruism and enough smarts to know how to appear to others is the ideal. No one wants to bring up a saint. No one sane, anyway.

Still, even if he was faking (or more likely, just dealing with the abstract of $100 rather than the lust of potential), the fact that he's putting two & two together and thinking ahead in making himself ACT better assures me that he's got more sense than half (or more) of his peers.
    Agreed.

Have you recently been to a restaurant with American children?
    No, no one has tried to kidnap me and force me to go anywhere against my will. Thanks for asking though

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Technomancer View Post
    What's always bothered me is the idea of the baby pooping and peeing inside the mother.

I'll let you think about that as you try to fall asleep.
    They also take little sips. Male fetuses masturbate in the womb too.

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post

Spoiler
    That reminds me... to Mr. and Mrs. Dawnmaster:

If you do anything wrong, revenge is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post

Spoiler
    Don't worry, it's against my religion to remove any parts from my body, which itself was a gift from God.
    (Being an Atheist, I always use this line when religious people try to convince me to undergo circumcision)

Quote Originally Posted by stillman View Post
    That reminds me... to Mr. and Mrs. Dawnmaster:

If you do anything wrong, revenge is coming.
    I won't do that wrong, but being a noobparent, I'll probably do some things wrong, let's just hope he/she will (at a later age) appreciate the effort we're going to put into raising/nurturing/loving/caring/protecting/teaching/...

You're welcome Dawnmaster and I mean it, it's just going to be great, meaning that there will be moments you wonder what you're doing and you will do things you regret, but as long as you always try your best and are not too proud to admit you might get it wrong sometimes, you'll be fine.

No, maternal instinct would never kick in for me. It would remain feeling a parasite. The thought of breastfading can make me vomit, a leech sucking me dry. I do get so angry when other women feel the urge to tell me that I will be a mother, like that is the only purpose in life. It's not mine.
    I prefer cats. They don't suck, they're not parasites though they often contain some and they stay cute much longer, and most of their whining limits itself to opening doors and demanding food or cuddles. They're barely blubbing about wanting a new toy or later, whatever expensive digital gadget there will be in the future.

Yeah, I like the current level of tech and com, but I'm a little scared to introduce my kid in this world, my generation grew with it, we still have some sense of what climbing a real tree is, and where to look up a certain book in the library etc.

Kids nowadays are always indoors with the latest (expensive) gadgets...

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    You're welcome Dawnmaster and I mean it, it's just going to be great, meaning that there will be moments you wonder what you're doing and you will do things you regret, but as long as you always try your best and are not too proud to admit you might get it wrong sometimes, you'll be fine.

No, maternal instinct would never kick in for me. It would remain feeling a parasite. The thought of breastfading can make me vomit, a leech sucking me dry. I do get so angry when other women feel the urge to tell me that I will be a mother, like that is the only purpose in life. It's not mine.
    I prefer cats. They don't suck, they're not parasites though they often contain some and they stay cute much longer, and most of their whining limits itself to opening doors and demanding food or cuddles. They're barely blubbing about wanting a new toy or later, whatever expensive digital gadget there will be in the future.
    Dude, you should totally have my brother and his partner's cat. The boy one. He's a chilled out cat, but when he wants or needs something (Not sure which because I'm usually in the other room) all you hear is "MEOOOOOW. MEOOOOOOOOOOW. MEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW." It's like, "Cat, what do you WANT??"

The little girl cat is okay. When all the dogs are over, both of them hide in the garage (we have three dogs where I am at and my mom has two tiny pups) but when all is normal, she likes to sit on the window sill. Or if you're on the couch she'll "sneak" onto your lap and crawl towards your chest, put her tiny paws up there and just lay there, fall asleep.

The only problem is they pee and **** sometims in certain areas of the house. Don't know why, they just do. I'll never forget the day that the female cat decided to take a piss on the Xmas tree skirt (the cloth that goes under the tree). Sniffed it, thought it was a good place, squatted. Oh, my brother was so angry, lol!! I sorta was too but couldn't help but laugh. And they have litter boxes so I don't understand what is up with that. :/

Speaking of that, Dawnmaster, whenever you get to the potty training stage, make sure they don't decide to wipe their butt on the wall or take poo in both hands and give your house and new paint job. Also, let them know what toilet paper is and that this is what you use, not Mom's good bath towels.