Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Re: New life expected in Dawnmaster's Mansion

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    I think you will find there's more you need than that.

I think you will find that, what you need, what's still missing, in this lovely new babyroom, is in fact, a baby.
    Oh I know, I feel him/her every day, and I'm glad I don't have the foot-long parasite crawling around in my belly, however, the thing that scares me most at this moment is the smell of poo (shamefully, I'm extremely sensitive) and the lack of rest (I don't mind keeping busy, but I prefer a lot of moments per day without annoying sounds/someone bugging/talking to me, just to have a feeling of sanity in this crazy world )

I take comfort in the fact that whatever "horrors" are awaiting me, billions of people managed to survive it before, so I'll probably manage too
    And I'd be lying if I wasn't looking forward to the general idea of raising my own offspring, teaching them about the world etc.

I think once the kid is old enough to join me in my hobbies (I do hope they'll share at least a few common interests), my wife is gonna go crazy with all the stunts we're going to pull off ^^

appearantly dad's find the poo of their own babies smelling of roses. Or so.
    Funny, the thought of being pregnant is making me sick, always has, and I do think of it as having a parasite in the tummy. Lacking maternal instinct, I'm not going to be a mother at any point in my life.

It's going to be fine - it'll consume your entire world and for a long time your hobbies may feel less important, but you are not going to lose yourself, just going to be more than you already are.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    appearantly dad's find the poo of their own babies smelling of roses. Or so.
    Funny, the thought of being pregnant is making me sick, always has, and I do think of it as having a parasite in the tummy. Lacking maternal instinct, I'm not going to be a mother at any point in my life.

It's going to be fine - it'll consume your entire world and for a long time your hobbies may feel less important, but you are not going to lose yourself, just going to be more than you already are.
    I highly doubt I'm going to smell roses ^^
    They also say that your own kid is the most beautiful in the world, but I'm quiet realistic at this point (I actually find almost all baby's to be very ugly) so I'm hoping my wife won't be angry if I don't like the baby's looks, since I'm a terrible liar...

For women that don't feel the maternal instincts, they say it usually kicks in when you feel the baby move for the first time.

About the parasite, that was the original joke when my wife was tired a lot, I said the parasite drained all her energy, but later on when I felt it move around myself, it really reminded me of the chestbuster moment in Alien...

But I have to admit, your last line was very nicely put, in a way, reading it made me feel a little better, a little less on edge, a little more proud, thanks!

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Vivi most cats suck but my cat is socute.

Spoiler

LOL

I got my 3 kids as a package deal post potty trained at least.

and the 5 grandkids I don't do diapers on.

Growing happens on both sides faster than you know it.

I hadn't wanted to get into this thread lest I be compared to Dondrei, spamming everything. I was particularly concerned since I was thinking about the "Kermit" scene from Alien - but you did ask...

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnmaster View Post
    Having said so, for the people that had kids, how did your life changed the most?
    My son is what I love most in life.
    Specifically during the pregnancy, the first weeks/months after birth, and then your life ever since?
    Seeing my wife carved open like a giant roast, and then this little thing pulled out that looked like it was coated in cold cream, was one of the oddest things I've ever witnessed.
    And if possible, about as many topics: personality change, social contact, personal time off, physical appearance, ...?
    Not as bad as you've heard. Definitely less "free time", but lots more moments worth remembering.
    seeing how some people try to force me into a goodie good daddy life, while others say everything will be ruined,
    some say I will be a wrack of misery while others say I will glow with happiness,
    and eventhough I'm guessing it'll be something in between, I'm kind freaked out about what will really happen to me.
    Well, if you're a self-centered turd, a child could really mess up your life. Neither of my parents were particularly caring or (true sense) liberal, and even though I was 'planned' I wasn't of particular worth to either of them. Their fairly substantial parental pride is about <having> me, as opposed to having <me>, and in both cases they lost a not-so-accomplished-and-noteworthy firstborn, but that's still the one they remember.

I highly doubt I'm going to smell roses ^^
    Believe me, you won't. I had a deal with my wife - she did the diapers, I did the vomit. Neither of us can stand the other's "duty".

She tried traditional non-disposable diapers - for about two days. If you ever bought into that belief that Jesus' "swaddling clothes" were any kind of holy garment...
    They also say that your own kid is the most beautiful in the world, but I'm quiet realistic at this point (I actually find almost all baby's to be very ugly) so I'm hoping my wife won't be angry if I don't like the baby's looks, since I'm a terrible liar...
    Well, if they go through proper childbirth, unlike my own son's, they look 'squeezed'. Because they are. Coming out the 'pipe' supposedly is healthier, because those born through Cesarian have to have extra steps taken to ensure breathing & so forth.

My wife and I were concerned that my son was so quiet when he was first born... we had horrible thoughts about him being autistic or mute.

Did I mention I think he wanted to be a comedian or magician from the moment he emerged? He certainly had us fooled! Can't shut him up...

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Merv, he is soooo cute! Great smile and eyes. ^_^ Ahh, hate being female. I hate tearing up over nothing. THANKS, MERV!

When my sister had her baby, his head was kinda coned shape, lol! And I cried so much, but they were tears of joy. I was outside her delivery room. It was quick, like 30 minutes. I was in the room and at five PM, they checked her. Said she was ready to go so everyone but daddy and my mom left. Everyone was outside and my brother, myself, and one of my sister's friends had our ears peeled to the door, lol. He was born at 5:26 and I remember hearing him cry. Ohmygod, it was the most beautiful sound in the world and I burst into tears. My brother was tearing up too and we just hugged. Lol, my sister's friend started crying too and we bawled and held each other.

When we saw him, his head was kind of coned-shaped. Not Conehead movie but it had an unusual shape. It evens out in the next coming weeks. And then when I held him for the first time I cried and that made him cry and all 20 people in the room (friends and relatives) were like, "STOP CRYING! STOP CRYING!" I'm like, "You stop crying! I can't help this **** and that I'm happy to be an aunt!" Okay, there was no yelling but I really did think that. So I'm trying to stop and it's half-assedly working.

I'm sure you've heard this, but if not, try not to cry, apparently. Babies are suuuuuuuuper sensitive to emotions and stuff so if you (or the wife) cry or scream (I kinda screamed when he peed on his face and that scared him), they will sense it too. And if it's a boy, he WILL pee on his face. Just keep calm, throw a diaper on it to absorb the flow, laugh, and be on your way because if you scream and freak, he will get scared. I thought I had changing diapers down but NO. 7 MONTHS LATER and I still kinda yelp and throw a diaper on him. He starts to cry but I start laughing and start all over. He's gotten better, I think it's me and movign slow... or talking on the phone and looking away for one second and OH HEY THERE'S WATER EVERYWHERE.

As for the poop... I have found it to get more stinky when they start eating baby food. Idk, sometimes it's baaaaad and other times it's whatever. Hold their feet, wipe their butt, good to go. And it gets easier. They'll lift their legs for you and start to know the process. And I laugh every time he farts. I think my sister finds it annoying but it's hilarious. OMG, last night he ripped one so loud that it could've passed for one of mine. Was so surprised and I laughed so hard. He's starting to laugh at that too. ^^

Spit up. oh dear lord... have plenty of bibs and burp cloths. And be prepared to change their clothes often.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
    Merv, he is soooo cute! Great smile and eyes. ^_^ Ahh, hate being female. I hate tearing up over nothing. THANKS, MERV!
    Hey, you're the one with the hormones. I'm very proud of him - he's really starting to turn into a "real man" now (it's an old pic, he turned 11 on Tuesday) and wants to keep going to wrestling/Jiu Jitsu for 2 hours on Thursday. A *hard* workout, and against larger kids - plus he is genuinely upset when he accidentally hurts his opponent.

Also, we got a call from the teacher earlier this week - the assignment was, "what would you do with $100" and instead of saying that he'd buy an X-Box game (what he does with his savings) he said he'd use it for either an animal shelter or something like St. Jude's.

Tomorrow I take him to a special weekend seminar at IBM - exploratory science, kind of like an advanced version of the Mad Science summer camps. He's one of only three kids in his school selected to go.

I brag. I love him.

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

I remember No.1 son being asked when he was seven or eight to go to a special school event for gifted children.

He isn't "gifted", in that sense. No, he was picked to accompany his friend in class who was gifted - because his friend would benefit from having company, and because my son was considered the most likely child to be able to keep up with what was going on, and cope with it.

For some reason, I was even prouder of my son than if he had been himself selected for the opportunity.

I couldn't be more proud of both of my sons.

Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    For some reason, I was even prouder of my son than if he had been himself selected for the opportunity.
    You lack perception. Your son was (and hopefully still is) gifted. My Mom attacked me more than once for lacking empathy, and I'm not good enough with quotations to say, "Physician, heal thyself"...

Back to my own bragging:
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior
    Dear Dad,
    There's a game on Ipad and there was a store I had to buy or else my city would fail. The store was $2.00 in real money. Now instead of $15.00 left on the Ipad, there should be 13.00 so here is $2.00 from my wallet.
    Love,
    Junior
    -came home to find this on my desk... {/wipetear}