Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

Re: New life expected in Dawnmaster's Mansion

Well, I informed myself by now .

Most newborn babies develop a slight jaundice because their body reduces the number of red blood cells which were necessary to transport enough oxygene in the womb while breathing needs less of them. In a few cases, something has to be done about it. The usual therapy is exposure to blue light which helps at removing the yellow stuff.
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

The last time I was looking at SIDS in the media - a few years back, admittedly and UK only - it had come full circle, from being a horrible, unexplained, blameless tragedy to being a rather different kind of horrible tragedy. The kind that is unexplained because of socio-political issues rather than scientific ones.

People couldn't just come out and say what they think of it because, well, that way madness lies. And, to my perception anyway, SIDS just faded into the media background as a lose-lose social issue.

I truly hope I'm being vague enough.

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    I never even heard about infant jaundice being common?

I <have> heard about cats trying to steal the breath of the baby, which traces back to Medieval folklore. I suspect it comes from the felines liking the smell and warmth of the infant, and there does seem to be a link between SIDS and sleeping position/smothering. Nowhere near as frequently as American commercial hype would suggest though, and the only claim about a cat doing so has been dismissed as likely being SIDS.
    Schrödingers cot?

Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    Well, I informed myself by now .

Most newborn babies develop a slight jaundice because their body reduces the number of red blood cells which were necessary to transport enough oxygene in the womb while breathing needs less of them. In a few cases, something has to be done about it. The usual therapy is exposure to blue light which helps at removing the yellow stuff.
    So it's not like paint then, when you combine yellow and blue and get green?

Im just popping in to say congrats!

Life starts, now!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnmaster View Post
    Hello again, here's a small update:

the last few days have been tiresome for all the reasons I wouldn't have expected:
    - family visits (A LOT)
    - constant phoning
    - restless sleep (I currently sleep alone at home to take care of our animals)

Kevin is actually a quite boy, he enjoys our company, drinks a lot (most babies 3 days old drink 30cc every feed, he drinks 60 atm, child docter is already suggesting switching to specialized heavier milk, or thickening the milk with special rice), makes a lot of funny faces, his poop doesn't smell at all (yet, I've been told...) and he's been under the suntan machine ^^

We're hoping to get home later today, at which point I will (finally) try to pry my camera out of my wife's hands, so I can post the long overdue pictures here

Peace
    Suntan machine? Is he a plant? Like that movie that i didn't watch, where the kid is a plant.

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    Suntan machine? Is he a plant? Like that movie that i didn't watch, where the kid is a plant.
    I remember that one!

Only it was a book, not a movie, and there were no kids in it

Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    you're thinking of Cabbage Dolls.

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

SIDS? Is that the occurrence that babies somehow stop breathing and die? Well, no, it's not cats resting on the baby and suffocating them. In any case, you better keep dogs and cats away from babies in your absence.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    So it's not like paint then, when you combine yellow and blue and get green?
    No. It's not some hanky-panky with colors, but blue light and "soft" UV light destroys the molecules of that yellow stuff whose name I forgot.
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    you're thinking of Cabbage Dolls.
    nope, but not worth the google. it was probably bad.

Anyway, how did so many posts get snuck in there before that post went up? very weird.