Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

Re: New life expected in Dawnmaster's Mansion

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnmaster View Post
    At the moment we're trying not to overfeed him (he's not fat so we're succeeding)
    but he's always hungry for more, and always in a shorter time window than he's supposed to be...
    You can't overfeed a baby of that age, AFAIK. The more it eats, the better
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

Is that true? I heard of a new wave of people who now think you can overfeed babies and think babies can be too fat. I think it sounds silly but how would I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Is that true? I heard of a new wave of people who now think you can overfeed babies and think babies can be too fat. I think it sounds silly but how would I know.
    We did the opposite, and wish we hadn't. The nurses claimed that we should withhold bottle in order to get him to use breast, and because he was premature he tended to spit up quite a bit - until the age of 3 or so!

The net effect is that he's now nearly as chubby a trencherman as his mum. Even more than I am.

The main problems with babies is that their muscles aren't developed yet, overfeeding him will cause several problems:
    - they get fat, which "flaps" their skin, makes it harder to wash if dirty, and with all the droplets of milk and water
    that get spilled when he drinks, slipping in those flaps, which are very very hard to clean, ...
    - their stomach muscles aren't developed at all, when they just ate and are a little chubby,
    all their intestines lie on one side when the baby rolls to one end, preventing proper development of muscles
    - change in normal diet might lead to unhealthy "producings" in the diaper area
    (Kevin's "producings" went from "healthy" light green to a sickly dark green for a few days, milk is the same type)
    - getting toomuch milk doesn't get broken down in their system enough, they can develop additional rashes etc

Luckily the short overfeeding period had no lastig effect on Kevin, he's taken much of it in is height as well,
    which is why he's as big a someone twice his age.
    (his body parts were bulging a lot more than supposed to, which was our first clue of overfeeding,
    our next were all medic personell, friends and family telling us he got really really fat ^^)

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnmaster View Post
    Btw, anyone saw this?

[...]
    Sheer. Bloody. Wonder. I am in awe of this.

That video needs to be shown in schools.

*feels a little scared right now*

Tomorrow Kevin is getting his first shot (tbc or polio or whatever it all is)
    And most people are telling me he will get sick whatever the odds, and he will be crying inconsolable.

I can imagine him crying for a little while when he gets a needle stuck in <insert bodypart here>
    but I can't imagine it being impossible to calm him down.

And I can imagine certain children getting sick from a shot,
    but seeing how he has been healthy ever since he was born 2 months ago,
    and those other children are sick every other week,
    I have good hopes that he'll come out of it without too much problems?

Or am I seeing things wrong here?

BattleTag kestegs-1550

I don't think either of my kids had any issues with shots. A little momentary pain, but nothing long laying.

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    Sounds more like a wife/gf than bro... [/sexist]
    I'd rather have a live in girlfriend and have my bro live elsewhere, but lately I've not been doing so well with the meeting of new people.

@ dawnmaster

My place seems to ebb and flow between completely tidy or the avalanche of clutter that becomes more than i can take so I just let it go. Everytime i clear it all out, it starts accumulating again. I'm not sure what all this crap is. perhaps this weekend I'll clear it all out again.

Also, that nail video is hilarious. I've had the same conversation countless times (the nail being metaphorical of course).

@ Bob

I have my sneakers that I wear everyday. I actually bought the ones I found for Jmerv like a year or so ago. Black New balance. THen i have leather black, and leather brown. Almost never wear them, save for important meetings, the occasional job interview, or when i try too hard on a date. Then Crocs. One fuzzy winter pair, one regular summer pair. These are for messing around in the garage. That's it. I have other shoes, but I haven't worn any in a couple years.

I used to have a pair of all stars just for canoeing, but I don't do much of that anymore either. plus the crocs would be better.

Women have a lot of shoes because they think they have to match all the colors all the time. Years ago I dated a girl with over 60 pairs of black shoes. I know because I built a 4x15 cubby box for them, and there were leftovers. I don't understand it. She could go over 2 months wearing a different pair of Black shoes! Good thing that didn't work out. She'd have shopped me poor!

@Kris

Knife
    Keys (with church key, USB drive, house key(s, if you include my parents' and grand parents'), car key and clicker)
    Pen
    Phone
    Sometimes my wallet

Update:

Kevin was a very good boy during his shots, he only sobbed (no loud crying) after the 2 needles jabbed him,
    walked the room for half a minute and he was comforted, sofar he hasn't developed any fever or
    other related symptoms, and if he doesn't by tomorrow, he should be fine.

That's all for today!

Don't make a big thing out of shots, or you end up what I had to witness in primary school.
    We were getting our compulsary shots but since my birthday is late in a schoolyear they only later realised I should have been there too, so I arrived maybe 15 minutes later than the rest.
    It was like a war had taken place with casualties all over the place. Boys whimpering and sobbing, girls fainting and screaming, etc. Pathetic.
    All the kids that bullied me, reduced to a pile of hysteria. I have many faults but I was never hysteric when getting any shots.
    Just aswell with all the medical tests I've been getting over the past few years. I don't like to look as it makes me think - "the needle's in the vein!"- so I count the ceiling tiles, but I don't cry.