Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    BattleTag kestegs-1550

Re: New life expected in Dawnmaster's Mansion

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    I've never been able to have 'm and now I'm old. Be glad you've got something to look back to.
    It's not much really. Moved out when I was 18/7 months and was married by 18/11 months. So I've lived alone for about 4 months of my life.

...you just made me realise that I've been living alone for > 7 years now. Sad.
    And I'm wrecking Dawnmasters baby topic. Worse.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Doesn't sound bad to me, but it's all a matter of perspective I suppose.

I didn't even realize what thread this was.

Sorry

Something I have often noticed and wondered about - I always assumed other people had routine in their household. Turns out, not that many people have so they dread it and it takes them hours and then it's still shoddy.
    I was already fast before I was enslaved by Centerparcs*) and I still am now. I get a lot done. I don't clean a lot but the things I do clean, I do thoroughly, and if I'm not too feeble I'll do something extra (like a cupboard) each time.
    When I still ate frozen pizza's (oh god I miss that!) I'd pop one in the oven, set the timer on the oven for the pizza, and do a routine clean. As I said, I regularly clean the things where hygiene is required. So stuff you touch every day - lightswitches, phones, remotes, doorhandles. And the kitchen, the bathroom, the lavatory.
    Doesn't that sound like you have a compulsive cleaning beheaviour?

As for the pizza's, we still eat those nowadays, but we spend our time on the couch in good company of the television while it pre-heats / heats / becomes krusty ^^

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    Those days were so long ago for me I can hardly remember them anymore. And I sure as heck didn't appreciate them like I should have back then!
    I remember the days in general, and certain specific moments (highlights), but I also think I could've appreciated them a lot more, so, I'm trying to make the best/most of it now, before Kevin's all grown up (I don't think D2 will last another 15 years for him to join, or will be appealing enough for him ^^)

I've never been able to have 'm and now I'm old. Be glad you've got something to look back to.
    You're only as old as you want to be.

Have you ever heard of the "Dreamhack" event in Sweden? 15000 people joining twice per year to play video games of all sorts, it's a huge LAN party for all ages, youngest peeps are around 10, oldest one around 60 or 70.

And I've read several articles where old people (80+!) play shooter or racing games to keep their reactions speed and memory active (rather than solving crossword puzzles and sudokus)

So we both still have a lot years left of enjoying computer games

EDIT: forgot page 6

Don't worry about the thread, it'll go back on topic when the time is right, I've posted things about Kevin in D2 threads as well so ^^
    Last edited by Dawnmaster; 18-06-2013 at 02:39. Reason: add

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnmaster View Post
    Doesn't that sound like you have a compulsive cleaning beheaviour?

As for the pizza's, we still eat those nowadays, but we spend our time on the couch in good company of the television while it pre-heats / heats / becomes krusty ^^

I remember the days in general, and certain specific moments (highlights), but I also think I could've appreciated them a lot more, so, I'm trying to make the best/most of it now, before Kevin's all grown up (I don't think D2 will last another 15 years for him to join, or will be appealing enough for him ^^)

You're only as old as you want to be.

Have you ever heard of the "Dreamhack" event in Sweden? 15000 people joining twice per year to play video games of all sorts, it's a huge LAN party for all ages, youngest peeps are around 10, oldest one around 60 or 70.

And I've read several articles where old people (80+!) play shooter or racing games to keep their reactions speed and memory active (rather than solving crossword puzzles and sudokus)

So we both still have a lot years left of enjoying computer games

EDIT: forgot page 6

Don't worry about the thread, it'll go back on topic when the time is right, I've posted things about Kevin in D2 threads as well so ^^
    Nah. It's not like I cleaned every time I put something in the oven. Roughly, all the things I just mentioned get done every forthnight. To some people that is a lot, but to a generation before us, that's evil as they do that all every day for some odd reason (I suspect they don't have got anything else to do with their time, I do).

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

I recommend an oven with an auto-cleaning function, that's really worth it!

I would only clean the oven if it starts smelling or if it shows dirt. Just using the oven already is an excellent way to disinfect it. The auto-clean function will burn away the remains, so you just have to sweep out the ashes.

I'm cleaning door handles, when they look dirty (and clean the others as well in the same sweep then). This bacteria thing is a lot overestimated and misunderstood. Hygiene is for protecting one person from another (cleaning door handles) and one body part from the other (washing hands and toilet). If you are living with your partner, you most probably exchange bacteria to a much greater extent through the usual body contacts than through door knobs. In public places or if you have guests at home, the situation is different.

If you want to do something about hygiene, wash your hands *before* going to toilet (or do it before as well). Your hands are much more exposed to nasty things and also a lot safer from infections, bacteria, fungi etc. than that most sensitive part of your body which is also moist, warm and dark most of the time, i.e. perfect conditions for a lot of nasty afflictions. If you had to place a few pimples on your body, I bet you would put none of them down there.

Too much washing makes you weak and sick, don't you know that?
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

Krischan, I'm not talking about cleaning the oven, certainly not with a pizza in it at the time. I was talking about trying to be efficient - instead of waiting till the pizza was ready, doing something in the meantime that's useful.
    I miss eating pizza. There's every chance I won't be able to eat it again.

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

Well yes, that happens if I don't pay enough attention. It happens to me more often than I want to admit to... but I'm not caught at it every time
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

That's alright. I wish I had a self cleaning oven. Or a selfcleaning house for that matter.
    A friend of mine believes he has a selfcleaning fridge. That means, he believes that the antibacterial coating that was inside it when he bought it never goes away. He hadn't cleaned the insides for 10 years. And then wondered why his fridge smelled.....or why certain stuff was going mouldy.
    Because I'm faster than he is, and as a favour - as it's one of the few things I can do in return for all the other things he helps me with - I cleaned his fridge. With crystal soda.

BattleTag What Me Worry?