DiabloWiki Updates
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    BattleTag What Me Worry?

Re: New life expected in Dawnmaster's Mansion

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnmaster View Post
    Right now, he's 9.65 days old

10% commission?

I think thats 9.5 posts here

BTW: You and the Baby are providing free entertainment but the booth is all mine.

Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    Early days then. Forget about sleep for the next 2-3 weeks, there's no such thing.
    Actually, I had an almost decent sleep last night!

My wife stayed up a little longer while I already went to bed, and when I got up during the night to feed him, I gave him an increased amount of cc, resulting in me waking up this morning after 2x 3ish hours of sleep, and I feel like I'm gonna move mountains today (whereas the last week I felt as horrible as an amoebe on a hotplate the whole night and day)

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    I think thats 9.5 posts here

BTW: You and the Baby are providing free entertainment but the booth is all mine.
    Ah well, normally I don't like being in the spotlights, but now I can shield myself behind Kevin (who is turning into quite the peeing and pooping factory)

As far as news goes, people don't like my mother (she doesn't want to share Kevin with other family/friends, and whenever other people say or do something concerning Kevin, she'll always correct or comment)

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Actually, I had an almost decent sleep last night!

My wife stayed up a little longer while I already went to bed, and when I got up during the night to feed him, I gave him an increased amount of cc, resulting in me waking up this morning after 2x 3ish hours of sleep, and I feel like I'm gonna move mountains today (whereas the last week I felt as horrible as an amoebe on a hotplate the whole night and day)

Ah well, normally I don't like being in the spotlights, but now I can shield myself behind Kevin (who is turning into quite the peeing and pooping factory)

As far as news goes, people don't like my mother (she doesn't want to share Kevin with other family/friends, and whenever other people say or do something concerning Kevin, she'll always correct or comment)
    Oh ! that's right your in the obligatory grandma weeks!

Get some sleep and let them take over, nothing you have to say is really going to matter and they with do it first or correct you the whole time which equals they leave and you have Kevin and no clue.

Back to day one level but a nice reset and extra life from Grandma.

Grandma = sanity breaks and best free babysitting, except they love her more.

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    Grandma = sanity breaks and best free babysitting, except they love her more.
    Be cautious. Grammas can be quite un-sane in the bargain; mine insisted that little Boy needed to be "bundled up" in an 85-degree house because she felt cold. We had to bathe him in cool water to bring his body temp down from the high-fever levels she had baked him to.

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    Be cautious. Grammas can be quite un-sane in the bargain; mine insisted that little Boy needed to be "bundled up" in an 85-degree house because she felt cold. We had to bathe him in cool water to bring his body temp down from the high-fever levels she had baked him to.
    Awe, that sounds bad, I can already imagine the crying he must have gone through from being too hot, and then being put into cool water, and poor you, enduring such crying, and almost breaking your heart seeing your son like that?

Personally, I'm a very bad thermometer myself (although I am aware of that, and will always adjust to what Kevin likes)

As far as grandma's go, I don't have too much problems with my mother regarding Kevin,
    it's all other people that can't stand her advice/criticism/meddling.

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

Grandparents are allowed to spoil the children and then give them back to the parents because they charge no money for it while giving them all of their attention and BTW, that's why the children like it so much to be there.
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

Awe, that sounds bad, I can already imagine the crying he must have gone through from being too hot, and then being put into cool water, and poor you, enduring such crying, and almost breaking your heart seeing your son like that?
    He wasn't even making noise; we were scared out of our minds at what gran had done. He didn't complain about the cool water at all - he still isn't wild about heat to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    Grandparents are allowed to spoil the children and then give them back to the parents because they charge no money for it while giving them all of their attention and BTW, that's why the children like it so much to be there.
    Ah I remember those days when I was little, the only problem is that grandparents keep complaining about the world and how the old days were better, and that they've been through many many hardships...

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    He wasn't even making noise; we were scared out of our minds at what gran had done. He didn't complain about the cool water at all - he still isn't wild about heat to this day.
    So that's what happened to me when I was a kid

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Did you get your copy of the manual yet?

Hey! I didn't get that book! All I got was a teeny tiny loosy book on how fathers should bake cookies for their children...

Perhaps an update is in order:

We're all doing great, Kevin is a very quiet baby, the only problem we're currently facing is putting him back to sleep at night after he had his bottle.
    He's gaining weight steadily (4 kg, 3 weeks old), looks in perfect health (no rash / allergees / etc), last week was his hearing test, everything was ok, and he's already been on a few walks with the whole family! (jealeous dog included)

As for the parents, we're doing good too, we're feeling tired ofcourse, but all in all, I find it very manageable so far, I just need a little more practise giving baths.
    Some people say we're doing "too" good, we feel and handle pretty much everything (so far) very natural, and aren't scared of letting him cry a little, or letting other people carry/feed him (for some reason a lot of people with a first newborn are very scared of this and people seem genuinly surprised with us)

Already, I've started plotting what I can teach my son regarding ethics / physical strength / science / gaming / ...