Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 275
  1. #161
    IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tech Support! TECH SUPPORT!!
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ
    Posts
    6,992

    Re: New life expected in Dawnmaster's Mansion

    What worked for my two was the "He's gotta want it" policy.
    Having established that food, fluids, diapers, heat and cold were not issues, the little'un had to cry for at least 15 minutes before he got a visit. After a few weeks of being strong-minded about this, we found that the crying for no reason would only last a minute or two before subsiding.

    It's hard as hell, and you have to pay attention carefully so that you know you aren't ignoring a problem ... but after 6-8 weeks, five or more hours of un-interrupted night became possible. And obviously, when they are very small, the first four weeks, you monitor things very closely. What we worked for us was the idea of "squeeze the feeds", going from standard 3-4 hourly feed intervals, to shorter intervals prior to "bedtime" and longer intervals during bedtime. Nudging things the way we wanted to go, if you like.

  2. #162
    IncGamers Member Stevinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    chicagoland
    Posts
    5,003

    Re: New life expected in Dawnmaster's Mansion

    Quote Originally Posted by stillman View Post
    T--
    Tr--
    ...
    ...

    Troll 2 ??
    Actually i had no idea they put babies under sun lamps.

  3. #163
    D3 Monk Moderator kestegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    BattleTag kestegs-1550
    Posts
    47,569

    Re: New life expected in Dawnmaster's Mansion

    Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    What worked for my two was the "He's gotta want it" policy.
    Having established that food, fluids, diapers, heat and cold were not issues, the little'un had to cry for at least 15 minutes before he got a visit. After a few weeks of being strong-minded about this, we found that the crying for no reason would only last a minute or two before subsiding.

    It's hard as hell, and you have to pay attention carefully so that you know you aren't ignoring a problem ... but after 6-8 weeks, five or more hours of un-interrupted night became possible. And obviously, when they are very small, the first four weeks, you monitor things very closely. What we worked for us was the idea of "squeeze the feeds", going from standard 3-4 hourly feed intervals, to shorter intervals prior to "bedtime" and longer intervals during bedtime. Nudging things the way we wanted to go, if you like.
    LoZy makes some good points. Yes, I just said that.

    If the baby stopped crying when you took him to bed with you then he got what he wanted. Of course wanting human affection isn't a bad thing, but he has to learn that he can't get it by crying when he should be sleeping.

    Babies are creatures of habits, and very fast learners, and it's much harder to fix a bad habit later on, so be careful.

  4. #164
    IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tech Support! TECH SUPPORT!!
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ
    Posts
    6,992

    Re: New life expected in Dawnmaster's Mansion

    Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    LoZy makes some good points. Yes, I just said that.
    Post reported. Someone's hacked a mod account.

    Quote Originally Posted by Some Hacker
    If the baby stopped crying when you took him to bed with you then he got what he wanted. Of course wanting human affection isn't a bad thing, but he has to learn that he can't get it by crying when he should be sleeping.

    Babies are creatures of habits, and very fast learners, and it's much harder to fix a bad habit later on, so be careful.
    Just so.

  5. #165
    IncGamers Member Dawnmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    5,813

    Re: New life expected in Dawnmaster's Mansion

    Yeah but the problem is, what do you do when he keeps crying, we stretched our patience to 30 minutes last night before caving in, but the more tired we get because of his crying, the less crying we're able to tolerate.

    Some people/organisations say to keep him crying until he stops by himself (regardless of the hours it takes), others say it doesn't matter the first 6 months, because babies can't learn anything in those first 6 months, thus also no habits.

    But I'm not too keen about the former and I'm not convinced about the later.

  6. #166
    IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tech Support! TECH SUPPORT!!
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ
    Posts
    6,992

    Re: New life expected in Dawnmaster's Mansion

    30 minutes is about the longest I would have left it, too, at 4 weeks or less. How old is Kevin now? (to save me working back)

  7. #167
    IncGamers Member BobCox2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    UnderYourDoorMat
    BattleTag What Me Worry?
    Posts
    10,800

    Re: New life expected in Dawnmaster's Mansion

    Payoff Time

    I'm setting up a popcorn booth here.

  8. #168
    Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    33,187

    Re: New life expected in Dawnmaster's Mansion

    He's crying to train your skills at worrying about him and at taking care of whatever you imagine up to be his needs . It's like Russians trying to guess what Stalin wants without having to meet him, to avoid whatever may invoke his anger.
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

  9. #169
    IncGamers Member Dawnmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    5,813

    Re: New life expected in Dawnmaster's Mansion

    Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    30 minutes is about the longest I would have left it, too, at 4 weeks or less. How old is Kevin now? (to save me working back)
    Right now, he's 9.65 days old

    Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    Payoff Time

    I'm setting up a popcorn booth here.
    10% commission?

    Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    He's crying to train your skills at worrying about him and at taking care of whatever you imagine up to be his needs . It's like Russians trying to guess what Stalin wants without having to meet him, to avoid whatever may invoke his anger.
    It's strange, but for some reason the mentioning of Stalin instantly reminds me of Red Alert

  10. #170
    IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tech Support! TECH SUPPORT!!
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ
    Posts
    6,992

    Re: New life expected in Dawnmaster's Mansion

    Early days then. Forget about sleep for the next 2-3 weeks, there's no such thing.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •