Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: idkfa - my bowazons journey [HC, p8, untwinked, single-pass]

Updated my last post with act 5

Quote Originally Posted by Jocular View Post
    I would think you might want more mf for single pass and rely more on mana pots...but that's just me.
    Yeah, im considering this as an option for nightmare. Have 3 soc crown, but not many topazes

Quote Originally Posted by felixbavaria View Post
    Nice going! One of my favorite builds, safe and powerful. Let's hope you are able to make Insight soon (if you play RWM).
    I never played bowazons much, but i enjoyed it so far. And no, im not using rwm, want to make it a little harder without insight.

IncGamers Member

I hope you keep this going, it's forcing me to load up d2 again after a number of years

Are you beating the act bossed on /players 8 or lower?

Quote Originally Posted by BloodWolf View Post
    I hope you keep this going, it's forcing me to load up d2 again after a number of years

Are you beating the act bossed on /players 8 or lower?
    Just started nightmare yesterday. Yep, /players 8 all the time

Act 1&2 Nightmare

So time to take on nightmare, probably a more serious game starts from here on. Dropped my mana crown for Lore. +1 to all skills, some energy and 30 lit resistance will do nicely. The loss in mana was recovered by gambling 99 to mana ring. Also gambled a plated belt with ~80 hp. Wasted all the gold i had on gambling that ring and belt...
    Overall, act 1 wasn't much of a problem. Sure it hurts more when someone hits you, there are much more packs of unique monsters that in normal. Some of them are really dangerous, especially in closed areas like tower, pits etc. Haseen was starting to struggle against monsters, boosted his resistances, found some crappy rare weapon, but that didnít help much.
    Rakanishu dropped Hel rune, then in tower got Ko from a random monster and Shael from Countess. Also decided to boost my mf by adding perfect topazes in a 4 soc armor i found. Had only two topazes at that moment, so had to wait a bit to get two more. Mf was boosted up to ~150 and that noticeably increased the amount of rare/set/unique item drop. Too bad i couldnít find anything of a real use. Made Zephyr rune word to use on switch for that 25 frw. Itís painful when you have none.
    Andariel wasnít a problem, just had to run-shoot-run-shoot-castValkyrie-shoot-shoot-shoot-run a lot
    Here is the result:

Whitstants Guard... Thanks, thats very useful! Also thereís my new bow, nothing spectacular, just a bit better damage and +1 to bow skills.

So on to the act 2! Thanked Haseen for his services and left him at Atmaís pub. From now on Kasim Ė a master of might aura is my new companion. Went on to kill Radament:

Nice, cold immune. Kasimís equipment really needs upgrading, he died quite a few times on act 2. I wasnít able to get him anything good until an eth 3 soc partizan dropped in one of the tombs. Made malice once again and itís quite good for now, Kasimís damage was almost doubled and is around 800 now.
    Got a bit of a scare in stony tomb where i wasnít really careful and ran into a pack of mages with conviction+cold enhanced. Lost half of my hp, but just managed to escape from that situation.
    On my way through act 2 found quite a lot set and unique items, but again nothing good. Managed to craft half decent ring with some hp, life leech and replenish, attack rating, resistances. The best drop so far - this beauty :

Maxed cold/freezing arrow and started to level up Valkyrie. Also boosted my vitality for more safety. Got couple unique rings - Mandal and 25% mf Nagel in one of the tombs. Meh. Also Io and couple Lem runes, nearly left one behind noticed it just when running back for exit Will have to think what i can do with my runes, right now i have 2x Lem, Hel, Io, Ko, 3 or 4 Shaels. Treachery, Passion (if i can get a decent 4 soc bow) maybe? Will see later what Hellforge drops, (i hope i will reach it ) Lionheart or Smoke would be great before hell. Kasim would also love an armor like Smoke or Treachery
    So anyway, reached Duriel and that was not an easy fight. Without Valkyrie im not sure how it would have ended. Cold damage is surely not the best option against Duriel and it took me a while to kill him. Had to cast Valkyrie for countless times to tank a bit, had to run circles when Duriel was chasing me, itís not easy to escape him once he gets on you. Well hereís the result:

Yeah! Thatís like 5 or 6 Cathanís rings now!

Level 60 and thats the end of act 2. Here are my stats/skills:

To be continued...

Nice progress and great update. Two Lem runes in Act II NM? That's pretty lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by smp
    Also gambled a plated belt with ~80 hp. Wasted all the gold i had on gambling that ring and belt
    Does it have any other useful mods? I guess you could have shopped a +80 life belt from Charsi. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by felixbavaria View Post
    Does it have any other useful mods? I guess you could have shopped a +80 life belt from Charsi. ;-)
    Yeah, i was aiming for a decent rare belt, but couldn't get anything and with the last pieces of gold i got that one with ~80 hp. 80 hp is still much better than what i had on my previous belt

Make treachery for both you and the merc! I would do atleast one, the ias on it is just great and with no shield you wil have fade proc quite often for that resistance boost Nice progress, love seeing plenty of screenshots.

Act 3&4 Nightmare

I’m starting to love act 3, clearing it was fast and i really enjoyed the action. Well not this moment really, scared me a little bit, one hit and bam – half of hp pool is gone, luckily managed to use rejuvenation potion and escape:

For myself i wasn’t able to get anything amazing, just couple decent charms with hp, couple with resistances and this crafted ring, which i really like and it changed my previous magic ring with 99 mana.

Found a 3 soc Tigulated armor for future armor, Treachery most probably that idkfa will use. As i do no muling, Kasim has to carry it Well, maybe i’ll find a better armor and better looking one before hell, so i’m not in rush to make Treachery asap. Also a 4 socket Gothic bow dropped, i will think about Passion if i can’t get anything better. Again, no rush to make it, maybe a better rare bow or socketed bow will drop later. I’m just not sure if Passion would be any good?

+25% Increased Attack Speed
    +160-210% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    50-80% Bonus To Attack Rating (varies)
    +75% Damage To Undead
    +50 To Attack Rating Against Undead
    Adds 1-50 Lightning Damage
    +1 To Berserk
    +1 To Zeal
    Hit Blinds Target +10
    Hit Causes Monster To Flee 25%
    75% Extra Gold From Monsters
    Level 3 Heart of Wolverine (12 Charges)

Some ias, ed, ar bonus, hit blinds target and hit causes monster to flee 25%. Nothing amazing, but then again, im not sure i’ll get anything better before time to take on hell comes.
    Unlike myself Kasim was unbelievably lucky in act 3... First, somewhere in jungle The Meat Scraper – unique Lochaber Axe dropped. Well it was a decent upgrade at that time, some damage, good life steal which he was lacking massively, so i was pretty happy with it. But then, this absolute beast dropped from a... random stash in Durance level 2:

Socketed it with with 2x Shaels, for 6.5 fpa breakpoint and Amn for some life leech. Kasim’s damage is amazing right now ~ 1.5 k. With armor upgrade witch i’ll make him later and maybe helm too, he’ll be fine, i think.
    Mephisto was an absolute joke. Duriel was like 50 times more difficult and dangerous. This is the outcome:

Are you kidding me? Another !@#$%^& Round Shield!? No uniques?! Screw that, better luck next time i hope.

On to the act 4, time to kick Diablo’s ***. But first things first. Izual was hopeless and i easily reached River of Flame. Monsters were little tougher there, but still nothing serious. Time for Hellforge has come, few seconds later:

Not that bad, i guess. But i’m really not sure where to use that Um rune. Duress for merc? Have no idea at the moment. Anyway, Diablo was reached and he wasn’t that hard. Not a joke that Mephisto was, but he ain't no Duriel Cast Valkyrie, shoot, shoot, shoot. Easy:

Absolute crap again. Four act bosses dropped me a total of 1 useless unique item, 2 useless set round shields and one useless set circlet. Fantastic. I hope Baal is preparing me a compensation for this. So level 67 and i’m ready for act 5. My stats and skills:

To be continued...

Nice progress! You're going fast!

Congrats on that nice Hone Sundan!

I have not made Passion in a bow before, so I don't know how it compares to what else you might find.

I've never made Passion in a bow before, either. That is because I'm playing with RWM and Harmony is much better at a lower price. If anything, Passion would have to be made in an elite bow I guess.

Grats on the Um, although I think Pul is much more useful in untwinked single-pass play.