Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: idkfa - my bowazons journey [HC, p8, untwinked, single-pass]

Act 5 Nightmare

Time for a small update! Don’t play much lately, so it took a while for me to beat act 5, and i’m not sure how long it will take to beat (big if) hell. Well act 5 felt like a little tutorial for hell. It was slower and a little harder than previous acts. Rats, archers, mages and other monsters with ranged attacks were a little pain in the ***. Lack of cannot be frozen against archers with cold arrows were absolutely annoying at times. Slowly, but without many accidents i progressed to meet my favorite guy again:

Those nasty vipers killed Kasim 3 or 4 times on the way!

Then this happened in Ancient’s Way:

Seriously, what i’m supposed to do with it?

Nearing the end of act 5 i decided that it's time to make Treachery and Passion. The last one was made in that Gothic Bow i found earlier. Ed i rolled is far from perfect, but all in all this bow is much much better than my last one. Hit blinds target and hit causes monster to flee are working nicely. Also gambled new amulet with some all resistances and nice mana boost. Oh and i didn’t forget Kasim, made him Duress and got Sazabi’s helm. Yeah, couldn’t get anything else.

Time for Ancients has come:

This one took me some time. Funny, because all the time i was standing in the same position and Ancients didn’t even noticed me, they were busy talking with Kasim, Valkyrie and Decoy. After this i easily cleared my way to Ball and again cannot be frozen was missed badly. Mainly because of his cold attack it was not the easiest of fights:

Oh wow! Useless bastard! Anyway happy to finish it with act 5 and head to hell. As i said earlier, i’m not sure how long it will take me to complete it, or will i complete it at all... We will see So here are my stats and skill trees:

To be continued...

Congrats! If your rune luck continues that way, you might be able to make a Silence Crusader Bow in Hell ... Or a Delirium helm.

Act 1 Hell

Hi there again! Itís been quite a while since my last update, didnít have much time to play D2, maybe even lost a bit of enthusiasm (for me it almost always happen when i reach hell with untwinked single pass hero), but found strenght to continue the journey and here is a small update on it.
    /players 8 and here we go. At the start of Hell i wasnít too optimistic about my chances even to finish act 1. It took me a while to clear Den of Evil, to kill Blood Raven, cold imunes were pain in the ***, Kasim died like who knows how many times before i even reached Stony Field. I was lucky to escape death when i didnít saw one of the Blood Ravenís zombies sneak from behind... Like what, 70 or so hp were left. But once i reached Stony Field, Dark Wood i somehow got used to the challange that i have. Kasim got a few level ups, i gave him my Treachery and i took his Duress, it seems to have helped him a bit, increased his chances of surviving. And Valkyrie, what a tank she is... Level 17 on hell players 8, she seems to ignore that, as she dies very rarely, only when massively overrun by angry minions. Kasim could learn from her.
    Freezing arrow is still more or less capable of killing non-cold immunes. For cold immunes i maxed Strafe, but my damage is not good by any means, even so for players 8 to cause any serious damage. Basically all the job of dealing damage to cold immunes is left for Kasim, with little help from me and Valkyrie. The greatest thing that i have dealing with cold immunes is Strafe + Passion. Chance to cause monsters to flee and hit blinds target are king for me. It helps to split groups, to take pressure of Kasim and Valkyrie. Slow Missiles is also amazing thing that helps a lot. The progress is slow, but itís a progress. Here is couple of guys that i liked:
    What a fancy name he has. Another one:
    And the most scary and difficult areas to proceed surely are the ones like tower, pits, jail, etc. I had 2, 3 or maybe 4 more or less serious scares of death and all of them were in areas like that. This one almost got me:
    I surely must be more careful in the future, because my luck might end soon. In places like jail or catacombs i try to be extremely careful, checking every corner from distance with Strafe, but there are situations like above, where you can't do anything. You open the door and boom bunch of ghosts are on your head in a blink. Luckily this one was without holy freeze, might or fana, otherwise it would be gg.
    Notable finds on act 1 were decent boots with fhr and some decent fire/light/cold resistances. Also Lem and Pul runes and this beauty:
    I thought about using it myself, but in the end i gave it to Kasim. That 10% life leech seems to help him quite noticeably.

So i reached the end of this act 1 and here is Andariel. Iím not sure how long it took me, 10 maybe even more minutes to kill her. With my extreme poison resistance antidote potions were key. Every time i got poisoned i used antidote. And here it is, after long 10 minutes or so:
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiceeeeee!
    Level 82 and Hell act 1 is completed. With few scares and difficulties, but completed. Here are my stats and skills:
    Had to use reset, because i accidentally misplaces some stat points And now, that i have my bow skills maxed, whatís next? Should i max Valkyrie (4 points remaining), would it make any difference? Maybe Pierce or Penetrate? And here is Kasim, who after a difficult start to hell got stronger and stonger. Now he stays alive for more than 60 seconds.

Now on to act 2. Iíll try not to wait for too long before it, like with act 1. Next update should be made for both act 2 and 3. Or as soon as i die. So cheers lads, thanks for everyone who might read all of this, and sorry for any grammar mistakes

To be continued...

Nice progress, and great helm find for merc!

As for the rest of your points, I'm not sure

I would think pierce might be a good option, to increase your FA damage. However, act 3-5 have a fair amount of CI monsters...hard to say really.

And entertaining write-up as always, you're a wonderful addition to this forum!

If you care more about your defense than offense, I'd put the points in Decoy rather than maxing Valkyrie. The Decoy synergy per point profits the life and resists of the Valkyrie as much as additional points in Valkyrie itself, and you get an additional tank for hairy situations.

IncGamers Member

nice walk thru so far! my kicksin just got to nm, i like to play 2 chars at once to alleviate bordom. thinking bowazon is just what i need for change of pace! gl in hell!