Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up RWM and Wineskin (SOLVED)

NOTE: This thread is intended for any Mac users who, of necessity, must run "Diablo II.exe" using Wineskin, and should therefore only apply to OSX 10.7 and up (For instructions on how to install D2 on OSX 10.7 and later, refer to this guide).

To install RWM simply:

1. Download RWM for PC

2. Unzip, and place the folder labeled "data" directly into the "Diablo II" folder in the Wineskin wrapper (To find the folder, right-click your wrapper and click "Show Package Contents." The "Diablo II" folder may be found here: /drive_c/Program Files/Diablo II)

3A. To create your RWM shortcut, right-click your wrapper, click "Show Package Contents," and open up "Wineskin." Hit "Advanced," and under the tab labeled "Tools," hit "Custom .EXE Creator." Type "-direct -txt" into the ".EXE Flags" field, name the shortcut, and apply any screen options you'd like to set.

Spoiler

3B. Alternatively, if you'd like RWM to stay enabled at all times, simply right-click the wrapper, click "Show Package Contents," and open up "Wineskin." Hit "Advanced", and type in "-direct -txt" in the ".EXE Flags" field.

Spoiler

Enjoy!

Spoiler
    Last edited by Fed; 08-04-2013 at 16:17.

IncGamers Member

Re: Mac help needed! Mountain Lion, Wineskin, and RWM

Although I'm not using play on mac, I am using wineskin to run d2. I'm also unable to run RWM, and GoMule runs but cannot access my character saves. I've tried everything I've been able to find (and have been searching a while) to fix this. Still can't find any workarounds, but that doesn't mean there's not a way to get this to function properly.

Would love a response from anyone using wineskin to run d2 that has fixed this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by hedley View Post
    I am using wineskin to run d2. I'm also unable to run RWM, and GoMule runs but cannot access my character saves.
    I've so far been able to access character saves with GoMule; If you need help, just let send me a PM

For anyone else that may be wondering, in order to access your character save files in Wineskin, you simply need to create an alias (shortcut) to the save folder.

GoMule can't access the original save folder, because it is inside the D2 packaged application. You have to take the new shortcut to the save folder (Alias), and place it anywhere else on your hard drive.

When opening files in GoMule, make sure you change file format from

".d2s files" to "All Files"

That way, GoMule will be able to open the Alias folder, and it will take you straight to your save files.

This method was confirmed by both hedley and I.
    Last edited by Fed; 20-02-2013 at 16:25.

IncGamers Member

A RWM question. When I first tried to put it on D2 I moved the entire folder into the D2 files. When that didn't work I moved the 1.13d mpq file from the folder straight to the list of files, but didn't move the D2 Patch (Carbon) into my files. I was worried that moving the carbon patch directly into my files might cause the entire app to work incorrectly, since I don't believe wineskin uses carbon? If anyone else could clarify this then it would make it a lot easier to find a workaround.

BattleTag maxicek-2583

Silospen used to run D2 with Wine. Originally he had to package the mods into the MPQ file, as is done for the Mac RWM.

I am fairly certain he posted how to do it without packaging it in one of the RWM threads - I suggest searching his posts.

Max.

IncGamers Member

I've taken a look at his posts and the new downloads have them in mpq form. The problems I run into are that when I try to do anything with the carbon patch file, it asks that the LOD disc be inserted. But before this I've been running it without the cd so I'm wondering if there is a way to do this without having a cd in the drive. The other one is I'm having a bit of trouble with the '-direct -txt' part of the instructions. Admittedly I'm new to editing things on the mac side, so I'm hoping someone who has used a previous version of the mac RWM mod can give some better insight.

Quote Originally Posted by hedley View Post
    I've taken a look at his posts and the new downloads have them in mpq form.
    Can you link me to these posts? I've been searching for his posts about this, but I haven't been able to find them yet

Edit: Problem solved
    Last edited by Fed; 06-04-2013 at 00:40.

IncGamers Member

I still haven't been able to fully figure it out. I took another look at anything resembling instructions that I could find. I have a question that I hope you could answer Max. Is it necessary to create a copy of the d2 files like I've seen on some instructions. I'm very hesitant to try something like that because I'm worried that it will mess with the wineskin set up. I've put the files directly into the D2 program files in the application, but it still isn't functioning properly. Is it necessary to remove all other patch .mpq files that were initially installed except for the D2XP_XMAC_1.13c_1.13d.mpq file in the RWM download that I moved into the D2 program files?