Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Re: Predator Snarls in Belgian Forest

Quote Originally Posted by stillman View Post
    Trivia: the guy who designed the Predator said he was inspired by a dying crab on the beach that made the clicking noises. Of course, there aren't any crabs in the woods
    Spoiler
    I would say ew but I've been naughty in the woods before. And I got away crab-free!!

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    That's all well and good, but the video didn't really answer the most important question: how do they taste with drawn melted butter?

I'm not kidding. If they're good eating, that's one hell of a better "ranch" animal than Alaskan King Crab. That ought to be the angle conservationists take...

EDIT: supposedly pretty tasty.
    Maybe they're not economically viable to farm. Shells are terribly "expensive", as biologists say. That is, it costs a huge amount of food energy to grow armor. You'd be feeding them to grow shells that only get thrown out. And with 60-year life spans, who knows how long until they reach adulthood? This is why we should be growing meat in tanks without brains. Perfectly doable today.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
    EDIT: Stillman, I had a whole post about not knowing what a hick was until you came down here and making fun of women who drive Escalades because they aren't used to handling anything that big, but something happened with my previous post. It was pretty damn amusing.
    That was someone else taunting the drivers. For all we know, those women could actually be recovering hicks trying to escape and become urbanites. Hicks are granted an invisible driver's license at age 5 to drive anything with 2 or more wheels. Each year after that, they gain something with another wheel. Life is about pretending to drive things with more wheels. They also don't fear death, you see, because of the protective "fifth wheel" (the steering wheel). There may even be a "sixth wheel"--the imaginary vehicle they want to own someday that forces them to stay alive*. I only point out the up side of hicks because, after all,
    Spoiler

But don't worry. There are always Greater Hicks. It's all relative, you see. Take these three tests:

1-Do you call mosquitoes "skeets"?
    2-Do you call cucumbers "cukes"?
    3-*Do you look at Auto Trader daily to find that black and white pic of a particular 70's muscle car and say to yourself, "That's the one. That's the one I want to own someday." ?

If you answered "no" to all, then congratulations--you are not a Greater Hick. You can sleep well after looking at those nice clean nails.

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnmaster View Post
    If you've never heard this noise, and the only reference you have is having watched predator, it is a little weird, eventough common sense tells me predators don't exist, some adrenaline gland said it did ^^
    Perhaps there's a misconception of the term predator. For me, a predator is an animal which eats mainly meat. A cat is a predator, for example. Are you perhaps talking about man-eating animals, some dinosaur or the alien from the Predator movie with Arnie?
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Not all meat eaters are predators. Some are scavengers. Some are actually bacteria

Dinosaurs were never man-eaters.

/pedantpost

Pedantry? I'm in!

Yes, a predator is an animal which is hunting.

I haven't written that dinosaurs were man-eaters, you just misunderstood what I wrote
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    Perhaps there's a misconception of the term predator. For me, a predator is an animal which eats mainly meat. A cat is a predator, for example. Are you perhaps talking about man-eating animals, some dinosaur or the alien from the Predator movie with Arnie?
    The movie Predator. It's a huge classic in America to the point where there are no other "predator" meanings.

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Quote Originally Posted by stillman View Post
    The movie Predator. It's a huge classic in America to the point where there are no other "predator" meanings.
    What are you droning on about?

b'dum*tsh*

@kris - slippery is not an attractive attribute in a moderator - I mean, look at kestegs

I reserve all my slipperiness for conversations with Leo.

Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    What are you droning on about?

b'dum*tsh*
    nice.

10 chars

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Those Coconut Crabs are Predators and carrion eaters.