Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BattleTag What Me Worry?

Re: Russian Meteor Impacts

http://news.yahoo.com/natural-gas-ve...221549643.html

Ford Motor Co. said Tuesday it sold a record 11,600 natural gas vehicles in its 2012 model year, more than triple the number it sold in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    Ford Motor Co. said Tuesday it sold a record 11,600 natural gas vehicles in its 2012 model year, more than triple the number it sold in 2010.
    Yeah, but the problem is that the *vast* majority of those were sold to gov't.

And I'm still not sure how i fill it up.
    http://www.afdc.energy.gov/locator/stations/

this map shows the alternative fuels near by. but there's no Liquid natural gas around, and the compressed is in either an iffy neighborhood (cicero, near midway) or elk grove village (not near me). The propane places are managable, in fact i think at least a few of them are the airgas places I was thinking of. They're not exactly gas stations though. I'd have to get in there during normal business hours and yadda yadda. I think I'll pass on all that.

4k on a truck that's worth maybe 3k, then drive outta my way to gas up? and it can't be at night when they're closed? No wonder no one does that. I'll wait for them to figure out a battery or come up with something that costs less than a major appliance to add a pump in my place. Sad, I totally would want to reduce my footprint, and save some money at the pump, but they're just not making it worth it.

I mean how much cheaper is propane per mile?

I found a short discussion on another forum that said you lose 10-20% efficiency but the gas is 20-40% cheaper. So that sounds like a win. Also you can go longer on oil changes.

I'm going further than mere electric car, I'm waiting for a well-balanced/manageable/affordable hydrogen-car.

PS: Stevinator, I've been reading all C&H comics since a few weeks, and just read the one with the sneeze today ^^

I may have missed it, but I don't see any hydrogen stations within hours of me. I looked up to Milwaukee/Madison, Indianapolis, down state, all over. I'd have to make my own, and that's not happening. Can you imagine a big electrosis machine in my garage, making H2 and O2? I'd blow up half the neighborhood the first time i went out for a smoke.

also, I think it was bob who got me this avatar and the gif that went with it. I asked if anyone had seen it around online and he just scanned and made it. Now I use it for all sorts of stuff. I'm sure it's common knowledge to all my cyber stalkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    I'm sure it's common knowledge to all my cyber stalkers.
    Pfft. I actually <HAD> an honest-to-goodness cyber-stalker, from the GW OTF. He searched through the threads here trying to find out unpleasant issues/stories as well as my real name (I use a variety of fakes).

Pitiful... nearly as pitiful as the people who defend them.