Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Re: This is it, boys, this is WAR! I'm scared. Really.

Speaking of polls and congressional approval ratings, seems that 60% of the American people are ready to fire every single one of them. Democrat, republican, conservative, progressive, doesn't matter. Just toss each and every one of them out on their asses. This is apparently the highest it's ever been and certainly says a lot about how much faith people are putting in their own representatives these days.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by Glurin View Post
    Speaking of polls and congressional approval ratings, seems that 60% of the American people are ready to fire every single one of them. Democrat, republican, conservative, progressive, doesn't matter. Just toss each and every one of them out on their asses. This is apparently the highest it's ever been and certainly says a lot about how much faith people are putting in their own representatives these days.
    The Republican party response to a disagreement about being invited to the Captions Table appears to be to try to sink the ship.

Enjoy letting the Tea Party destroy the GOP I used to Favor.

Democrat, republican, conservative, progressive, doesn't matter. Just toss each and every one of them out on their asses.
    That would be a dream come true. Unfortunately, I think we Americans identify so closely with our "beloved" republicrats that we'll ultimately just keep voting for these jokers. Better the devil you know, etc.

Maybe I'm too cynical.

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

The redneck within myself agrees to that 100%, but I think that humans in general tend to become scumbags once they come to power because being one helps to achieve power positions. There are exceptions, but in politics, you can't really distinguish them from the others. So my conclusion ist that we have to get along with humans as they are. Power structures will work best if the habits of rulers are taking advantage of, to support the common people. That's actually one of the essences of the words which I mentioned in the second paragraph of posting #136.

If people are frustrated about politicians, then there's something to be done with the system which gives them power. From my viewing point across the ocean, the problem of the US seems to be that it's almost impossible for alternatives to the two big parties (those who benefit from things as they are) to rise and achieve that.
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

BattleTag What Me Worry?

New Polls in from NBC-WSJ #'s

At the bottom of the list are the Tea Party (21 percent favorable/47 percent unfavorable) and the Republican Party (24 percent favorable/53 percent unfavorable) – their lowest favorable numbers in the history of the poll.
    And 46 percent of respondents say the president, during this budget standoff, has been a strong leader and is standing up for what he believes in, versus 51 percent who believe he’s putting his own political agenda ahead of what’s good for the country.
    By comparison, a whopping 70 percent say congressional Republicans are putting politics first.

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    New Polls in from NBC-WSJ #'s

At the bottom of the list are the Tea Party (21 percent favorable/47 percent unfavorable) and the Republican Party (24 percent favorable/53 percent unfavorable) – their lowest favorable numbers in the history of the poll.
    And 46 percent of respondents say the president, during this budget standoff, has been a strong leader and is standing up for what he believes in, versus 51 percent who believe he’s putting his own political agenda ahead of what’s good for the country.
    By comparison, a whopping 70 percent say congressional Republicans are putting politics first.
    Really speaks to how good the democrats are at being politicians. (That's not a compliment, in case you missed it.) The republicans have bent over backwards and made all kinds of offers to fund the government and end this pissing contest, including giving Obama everything he wants if he just delays the tax penalty in obamacare to 2015. Obama, on the other hand, has explicitly stated that the reason he hasn't accepted any offer, including any partial funding bill, is because he is playing politics.

And yet he's the one who's "standing up for what he believes in" while republicans are the one's playing politics. Amazing.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Nope

If you look most people really want a third party.
    Amid the government shutdown, 60% of Americans say the Democratic and Republicans parties do such a poor job of representing the American people that a third major party is needed. That is the highest Gallup has measured in the 10-year history of this question. A new low of 26% believe the two major parties adequately represent Americans.

Just not the Tea Party

P.S. I'm not for either party but the Republicans are the worst of the big 2.

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    P.S. I'm not for either party but the Republicans are the worst of the big 2.
    I'm tempted to agree with you there. The reason republicans are getting such a low approval rating now is because they've abandoned their constituency to become democrat lite. The people they used to represent are pissed off about it, which is how the Tea Party got started in the first place, and the people who vote democrat just hate them anyway for not being democrats.

So which is worse? The devil or the traitor? (metaphorically speaking)

BattleTag What Me Worry?

So which is worse? The devil or the traitor? (metaphorically speaking)
    Not the question I was asking but why do you alway pick no if you have a Choice?

How about if The 3rd party runs John McCain and Ron Paul as the ticket?

LOL

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Well back OT for this thread.

China warns US to 'stop manufacturing crises' and raise debt ceiling

Mr Li told John Kerry, US secretary of state, that China was paying “great attention” to the issue of raising America's $16.7 trillion (£10.5 trillion) debt ceiling.

China is the largest foreign owner of US debt, holding more than $1.277 trillion in Treasury bills.

Mr Li's remarks, published by the state-owned Xinhua News Agency, follow comments by vice finance Minister Zhu Guangyao on Monday that "the clock is ticking" and any US default would have global repercussions