Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Re: This is it, boys, this is WAR! I'm scared. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    There are numerous other similar historical examples.
    Well at least you got my point.
    Seems to me that the ordinary rank-and-file populace is thinking more about the effect war has on the servicemen at the sharp end.
    I disagree most heatedly. The proles are only claiming to be anti-war because the dominant Left is anti-Nationalist. Obama's interventions in both Libya and Syria are mostly unopposed except by the so-called "Right" (Amb. Stevens could not be reached for comment).

There's a graph and everything.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you cannot secretly declare anything.
    That's silly, even for you. Of course you can declare something secretly, because those you declare it to can keep something a secret. When they don't, you get binders 47% full of women.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashiminos View Post
    Left out USG.
    Well, the USSR technically is not a nation any longer, so 5th columnists don't really count here.

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    [...]

I disagree most heatedly. The proles are only claiming to be anti-war because the dominant Left is anti-Nationalist. Obama's interventions in both Libya and Syria are mostly unopposed except by the so-called "Right"
    Ah, well, I'm looking at the issue through a Euro-shaped lens. I'll accept that the grassroots US feeling is still "round 'em up and bomb 'em", then. As there's a graph and all.

(Amb. Stevens could not be reached for comment).
    I share your outrageous outrage for this ... if not the full depth of it.

That's silly, even for you.
    Whereas you are being your usual silly self.

Of course you can declare something secretly, because those you declare it to can keep something a secret.
    If I tell my pet cat that I am declaring war on Merv - I'm not actually declaring war in the accepted sense of the word. I'm telling my cat what I'm doing.

Here, let a dictionary help you:

Spoiler

When they don't, you get binders 47% full of women.
    You make that sound like a bad thing. Imagine a binder with no wimmins in it whatsoever!

Ah, well, I'm looking at the issue through a Euro-shaped lens. I'll accept that the grassroots US feeling is still "round 'em up and bomb 'em", then. As there's a graph and all.
    Au contraire, it's just that without understandable causus belli there's no real interest in war <OR> anti-war by the populace unless they're manipulated into it. Bosnia? Falklands? Who cared? Otherwise it's all about the rice bowls...

Incidentally, that was the TRUE problem with GWB - he & his cronies recognized this issue, and then decided that the "sexy dossier" method would be provide enough rationale to the public, what with mushroom clouds over Chicago and all. They were just too stupid to realize that the Left was sensible enough to commit wholesale treason when they saw it catapult Howard Dean to atmospheric voter ratings.

Did you know it's unpatriotic for Americans to dissent again? Thank goodness we're back to monomaniacal jingoism!
    If I tell my pet cat that I am declaring war on Merv - I'm not actually declaring war in the accepted sense of the word. I'm telling my cat what I'm doing.
    I already caught your wordplay, but I'm simply saying that there's not the true oxymoron you believe there to be. In the U.S. we tend to use the qualifier "Public" regarding 'declaration' for this very reason.

You make that sound like a bad thing. Imagine a binder with no wimmins in it whatsoever!
    Would it be as bleached-white as an Obama staff party? I wouldn't fit in...

BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    [...]

Would it be as bleached-white as an Obama staff party? I wouldn't fit in...
    A genuine LOL from me

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    Well, before the last election, they kept going on about "taking their country back" (from democracy) and they couldn't do it. Apparently, it's not their country anymore, so they've decided to burn it down. They're just speeding up their own demise. It's like a psychotic octogenarian being driven to an old-folks home, so they decide to reach out and yank the wheel while they still can, even if it kills themselves and everyone in the car. They've become nihilists.

If Obama negotiates with these terrorists, he might as well resign because we won't have a democracy anymore, we'll have a "give us what we want or we'll blow up the country"-ocracy. We practically have that as it is.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Well posted more elsewhere anyhow, back on topic, here a source you should subscribe to jmervyn

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...=1#post8564413

Quote Originally Posted by Technomancer View Post
    Well, before the last election, they kept going on about "taking their country back" (from democracy) and they couldn't do it. Apparently, it's not their country anymore, so they've decided to burn it down. They're just speeding up their own demise. It's like a psychotic octogenarian being driven to an old-folks home, so they decide to reach out and yank the wheel while they still can, even if it kills themselves and everyone in the car. They've become nihilists.

If Obama negotiates with these terrorists, he might as well resign because we won't have a democracy anymore, we'll have a "give us what we want or we'll blow up the country"-ocracy. We practically have that as it is.
    Right, so, the reps offered up a number of compromises (on a subject that most people agree is a bad idea I might add) to which the democrats essentially said "**** you! You'll get nothing and like it!" and it's the republicans who are terrorists?

Can't say I'm surprised. That's been the standard democrat definition of "compromise" for decades. Though they like to dress it up in more rhetoric, hate and vitriol.

Gotta say though, it's about time the republicans finally grew a spine. Even if it is a little flimsy one that's probably going to give way in the next day or two.

BattleTag FTITCTAJ

I'm confused ... nothing new there, then.

But still. This Obamacare, it hasn't been sprung on everyone out of the blue, has it? Did Obama happen to mention it when he ran for re-election? And I thought it had already been passed in law.

So, please correct my misunderstanding. If the voters voted in Obama on a ticket that included Obamacare, and it's already been passed into law, where is the justification for a bill to remove all funding for it and holding the Nation to ransom at the same time?

I may be labouring under a misapprehension or three, and would welcome a non-frothy steer in the correct direction, if someone would be so kind (and polite).

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

It's almost funny to see how many people of the US let the Republicans get away with that behaviour. Some are even defending them for open blackmail, by trying to present new blackmail offers like offering compromises. That abusal of political power was not so uncommon in the Roman Republic as well. The problem is that it can be used for good and for bad and in such a case, it's certainly used for bad to a greater extent (which is exactly what happened in ancient Rome, for example), except you believe your politicians to be your country's paragons of virtue.

I'm not saying that because I'm supporting or opposing a particular party or person. In this case you cannot allow such a practice in issues of the Senate vs. the Congress. Let the politicians feel your wrath. Maybe even let the Democrats suffer, but just don't allow such a blackmail to happen ever again.

BTW, the creditors don't care about your health care system or whose fault it is. They only want the credits to be served and they want to know it for as long in advance as the duration of the bonds. the less certainty there is, the higher the interest rates for new bonds to replace the old ones. The US has never failed at that so far, so the people might not be aware of what happens in such a case. It's not just a slap on the wrist, but more like putting your arm onto a guillotine and pulling the lever if the debts aren't paid.
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!