Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Re: This is it, boys, this is WAR! I'm scared. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by SuggestiveName View Post
    Given the lack of information coming out of law enforcement at this point, and the fact that it is tax day, this is not that far fetched.
    Far fetched? No, not far fetched. Nobody is saying it's not a possibility. The problem is that that is who they blame every time until proven otherwise. Sometimes even after it's proven otherwise. It's always the first thing they jump to. The false narrative that they've set up that the right wing is violent and prone to do stuff like this despite all evidence to the contrary.

What we have currently is that a terrorist(s) bombed the marathon. Nothing more. It's flat out wrong for anyone to point fingers anywhere without even a single molecule of evidence.

Although, come to think of it, "ZOMG!!! It's tax day! The old people in lawn chairs singing The Star Spangled Banner must have done it!" does actually sound just a little far fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by SuggestiveName View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurin View Post
    And as usual, the media is already trying to blame "right wing extremists" for it.
    Given the lack of information coming out of law enforcement at this point, and the fact that it is tax day, this is not that far fetched.

But I'm betting on crazy white dude, trifecta rule in effect here.
    Glurin's correct: "It's tax day, AKA Patriot day or some such in Boston, so some TEA PARTY!!!OMG#!!1!! guy will blow people up" - Hardly. Just because Tingles comes up with filth like that doesn't make it so. The fact that there was *one* white 'conservative' terrorist during the Clinton administration doesn't quantify the unilateral claims of the mainstream media. Otherwise we better hold CNN guilty of the bombing because they intend to revive the show "Crossfire".

However, this miserable attack (an 8-year-old is one of the few victims), is not likely to be related to the "war" effort - it might be related to the jihad, though. Too early to tell, IMO - just because a Saudi was arrested and another 'foreigner' was seen doesn't make it solid. People forget the whole 'White Van' problem involving the Beltway Sniper.

So someone used the marathon - a gathering of all kinds of people - as an oppurtunity to do a great amount of damage.

And now, silly people, are going to take extra security measures on all forthcoming marathons - the London marathon, the Dam tot Dam marathon. And this is silly.
    Lightning may strike twice but the next bombing - and I never question there's going to be one, it's the new evil in our world - will not be on a similar situation! That would be....silly.
    You can't predict these things, not accurately. It can be anything - the release of a major blockbuster movie that draws a crowd, a Justin Bieber concert (he'll probably say that terrorists should be "beliebers", just like Anne Frank should have tried harder to be one....), a large festival like Glastonbury, it could be anything.
    But not likely a marathon again.

And then there is of course the next G8 summit, which PM Cameron decided should be held in Enniskillen, NI, as he believes this is a good idea to show that NI is a better place. And he's right, it mostly is! But like hooligans have nothing to do with football, terrorists like IRA The Next Generation has nothing to do with an independent Ireland and rights for the Irish. What they do have, stacked in the hills of remote areas are the weapons Gadaffi gave 'm over the years. Not even a third of IRA weapons were turned in when the peace was finally settling - don't even try to imagine what's still out there.

So in the calm, rural area of Enniskillen, security measures are suddenly bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    So someone used the marathon - a gathering of all kinds of people - as an oppurtunity to do a great amount of damage.
    I tend to think Vivi's got the heart of the matter, and that's openly recognizing what is probably diametrically opposed political views.

In all honesty, Geraldo (AKA Gerry Rivers) is a bona-fide arsehole but he was bloviating from a point of fact. More humans died at the hands of Kermit Gosnell than from the Boston Marathon bombers, and the Leftist media is forever thankful for the excuse provided for no longer covering Kermit Gosnell. THIS WAS NOT AS HORRIBLE AS IT COULD HAVE BEEN.

It doesn't really matter if it was actually a Saud who had overstayed his visa, or a disgruntled Libertarian who wanted to protest tax day AKA Patriot day ("skin in the game"), OR just some random whack-job who gets his rocks off blowing up 8-year-old children waiting to give their fathers a hug. It's going to be used to ratchet down the power of the State and make us even more "silly". Or as I would term it after seven days of such "silliness"... more paranoid.

Not wanting to feed the beast, but for those Left/Fasicst types who want to conclude this is some gap-toothed TEA Party hillbilly, the Republican Mississippi delegate had a piece of mail test positive for Ricin. False Flag? Who knows. Does it matter?

My wife took our son to Boy Scouts last night, and had to listen to a bunch of Adult Leftists openly trolling her about how this was some NRA plot. So much for America, United We Stand...

BattleTag What Me Worry?

WAR is Stupid but Stupidity kills.

This is what no zoning regulation looks like.

New thread for Boston-related discussion. This thread is supposed to be about our masters, the ChiComs

Something new. Supposedly we're going to fight back against the hacking?

Not that I'm unhappy, but I find it difficult to swallow this as weawwy twue. The ability to counter or reprise electronic attacks is often very limited, and I expect that the other means like sanctions aren't going to really come about.

Maybe Microsoft's latest release on Patch Tuesday was meant as a cyber-weapon?

BattleTag What Me Worry?

I'm Pretty Sure AP news just got hacked.

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    I'm Pretty Sure AP news just got hacked.
    You didn't hear? The Dow tumbled because of that!

This peanut gallery /b/ 4chan Wikileaks type of stuff is part of the "war effort", you know. Assange is a happy conspirator; he does not attack China because he's a ComSymp from way back.

EDIT - Oh, yes, you did hear.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    You didn't hear? The Dow tumbled because of that!

This peanut gallery /b/ 4chan Wikileaks type of stuff is part of the "war effort", you know. Assange is a happy conspirator; he does not attack China because he's a ComSymp from way back.

EDIT - Oh, yes, you did hear.
    DUH - was asking if you think it was ChiCom Hack?

Since 0 evidence thought you would be all over it.