Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Crafted Item Show Off Thread

Now that we've got crafted items worth crafting, how about a show off thread that follows in the footsteps of the Legendary show off thread.

You can include Hellfire Rings here as well, since if anyone ever made a thread just to show those off, I can't find it. I did a bunch of crafting on the PTR but got nothing of note, though you can see screens of the items in two news posts.

So, reply with a screen of your item if possible, and let us know how many tries it took, what it was an upgrade over, etc? Cool.

Update: Main page item strategy article breaking down the pros/cons of every recipe.
    --Flux
    The Diablo 1, 2, & 3 Wiki! (Under construction.)

Re: Crafted Item Show Off Thread

I haven't crafted anything shiny yet, but a dude posted this in a thread on B.net and it's worth a marveling stare. He said it took him 12 tries to craft it, so 1.2m gold plus the mats and about 400k more in gem costs.

Makes me wish I could see the compare to my current gear when I hover on it.

Ironically, he got the worst possible roll on the INT, from 201-230 range. The other stats seem to make up for that, though.
    --Flux

BattleTag Flexy-2748

Yeah that amulet is nice and I'm gonna try to craft that for my wizard.
    I've found the new glove recipe yesterday and got an upgrade for +10k dps on my 3rd try!
    They're not the best, but they've got 306 INT, 8% crit and 36% crit damage.

Nice one Flux, tried rolling 20+ ammy and got nothing good. There goes my 5m gold

I'm gonna try it again when I feel lucky.

This is the type of "gambling" I want in this game, looks like D3 is getting better and better with every new patch.

IncGamers Member

Got these on my third craft:

Actually my first two had 6% CC and the second one would give me more life and over 2k more DPS but I prefer the extra resistances. Still over 4k DPS improvement over my old bracers (+more protection and about the same life).

BattleTag Ignatius-1870

I've done quite a bit of crafting, (spent about 10m) so I wouldn't say I've gotten lucky exactly, but anyway these are my best results. Love the gloves. Only needed 3 crafts to get them.

That amulet is pretty good but not great, most of the 10m spent so far has gone to getting just that one crafted. Oh well, good thing I'm rich!

These two items took me from 64k DPS to 85k dps.

We really should have a crafting no-off thread, to give more reasonable totals? Not that anyone would be motivated to post if they only made junk...

I had 60 tomes of secret on my monk after a run, so jsut for the hell of it I made 12 dex gloves. (Have thousands of tears, since I bought a ton of them right after v1.07 notes were revealed when they were still ~350 each.) And nothing. No gloves worth using, and at best 2 would have sold for maybe 500k, if they weren't BoA.

The main effect the crafting has had on me is about 25m profit selling the plans. Most of that from 3 marquise emerald plans, but lots of the item plans have gone for 500k or so as well. Str and dex shoulders, and all the non-vit amulets still have good prices, I've noted.
    --Flux

IncGamers Member

This was my very first attempt at crafting in 1.0.7.

My old gloves were 70 DEX, with IAS/CC/CD but no VIT. These are only 3% less DPS, but about 13% more EHP.

BattleTag TedintheShed-1135

Attempt #2, after finding the design:

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestructor View Post
    I've done quite a bit of crafting, (spent about 10m) so I wouldn't say I've gotten lucky exactly, but anyway these are my best results. Love the gloves. Only needed 3 crafts to get them.
    Well, considering that gloves like that sell for at least 500 million I'd say you got lucky!