Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    IncGamers Member

Re: Forced to start over - need some motivation

ND - I kept backups, but for some reason, they all got wiped out.

Felix - A Powershell search for .d2x.org file extensions found 2200 something files all of length 11, so all empty. I even did a system restore, to no effect :(

Arkardo - I really appreciate the offer, but for reasons unbeknownst to me, I have all my characters, and any gear that was on them. So I still have my BEST gear, but my grail-37 is gone. All my twinking gear is gone. My staffmod grail is gone. My 147 sigon's sets are gone. Pgems, runes, 40 HRs, jewels, etc. all gone. If I had lost infinity/CoH/forti/grief/oath/cta, I would definitely quit.

To all - I'm likely going to get back on my lightning sorc and make a run for 99. I'm about 100 runs short of 97, and had run out of steam when baal stopped dropping anything interesting. Well now that I have nothing, I figured I'd use him to start building up the grail again. Also, the biggest reason I'm so mad about this is that I had my 1.07 eth sup 412ED BoTD War Pike stashed, and it's now gone. The item featured in the current IFT. Gone. That alone took almost 2 months of farming and learning about 1.07. If I find another zod, I could make another, but I haven't tried my 1.07 patch yet, and I have a feeling it's trashed.

Good luck on 99!

Well that really sucks. Guess that's one of the occasions to remind yourself that it's only bits and bytes, and just a GAME.

BTW, system restore does exactly that, restore your SYSTEM, not your data. Unfortunately, there's no global file versioning.

D2 Assassin, Barbarian
    & Single Player & SP Trading

GoMule keeps backups in directories; each week with a different directory. You are trying to rename them and open them, yes? Also, did you try opening them with ATMA instead?

Good luck with the new start.

City of Titans - Smashed the goal - More info here

"Retail made me learn to despise humanity and welcome the apocalypse. Still waiting world."
    - Kellic Youdontneedmylastname

IncGamers Member

I went ahead and deleted all my old bakups already, thanks for the suggestion though! The problem is that after the crash, they all got emptied. Not deleted, just empty. Each backup was only 11 bytes, which makes no sense at all.

Why not just take a little break from the game? Even if for just a few days. Burn out is part of playing D2, and most people rarely play for extended periods of time without going through some off periods (or years even). Just hang out on the message boards, do some other stuff, and sooner or later you'll get that itch to start something again. Forcing yourself to play this game is not what it was designed for.

My 2 cents.