Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Forced to start over - need some motivation

Title really. When my game crashed, all my gomule backups got deleted :( I have all my characters, and any gear that was on them, so it's not a hard reset, but everything I had amassed over the last 8 months is gone, including my 1.07 412ED eth sup warpike :'(

I've decided I won't quit. I can't. I'll start baal runs on my sorc again in the quest for 99, since the items baal most commonly drops aren't useless to me anymore. I'll do AT on my other sorc for other items, and when I get bored of those things, I can do trav on my barb or LK for runes (I lost 40 pul+, not including any HR's already in gear).

I need some motivation to keep going though. I really want to quit, but this community has been so good to me, I just can't right now.

Re: Forced to start over - need some motivation

Where did you have your stashes? It's really weird that a game crashing doesn't delete characters but deletes stashes.

And even if something is deleted you can use recover software and recover it (unless soemthing was written over it).

IncGamers Member

Join me playing /players 8, no muling, no twinking and HC!

Finding stuff from the scratch and struggling to progress is lots of fun! Can be daunting, but very rewarding too!

Not sure if it's motivation enough but it's atleast a challange!

Quote Originally Posted by sebhehe View Post
    Join me playing /players 8, no muling, no twinking and HC!

Finding stuff from the scratch and struggling to progress is lots of fun! Can be daunting, but very rewarding too!

Not sure if it's motivation enough but it's atleast a challange!
    HC FTW!

Well, if you want to restart even further. Still, we mp and trade and like to brag about deeding all of our stuff, so if you think that's something you might be into then give it a shot

pfft, that BotD didn't have perfect leech, anyway. Just tell yourself that to make it feel better

Quote Originally Posted by nulio View Post
    Where did you have your stashes? It's really weird that a game crashing doesn't delete characters but deletes stashes.

And even if something is deleted you can use recover software and recover it (unless soemthing was written over it).
    ^^This. Also welcome back to being poor

Yeah, I'm not quite getting how a game crash caused files which are usually in a completely different folder to go missing, but still. Try the above, use a system restore point to try and bring them back. (depending on when your computer has them set to)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Ouch, sorry to hear about the loss of your stashes. Echoing what others have said, it's odd that your stashes are completely gone.

Motivation... hmm... Play a class or build you haven't done before, untwinked. Have you ever tried Classic? It's very different.

Yeah, play Classic 1.00 (if you've got the disks). You may want to quit D2 even more.

I'm sorry for your losses though. However, I've always found that I had the most fun when I had no items, and had to scrounge to make my characters live. Probably why I was never wealthy on bnet...

I'm gonna back up the HC idea!

While few, we are some cool people and interact a lot. Lots of MPing (both regular groups and spontaneus whatever), chit-chat on the Hamachi networks, and people are always helpful if somebody needs an item, a rush or whatever.

IncGamers Member

I have no idea how all my items are gone. All my stashes are there, but empty. Same with my backups. I found every backup, but they're all empty :( Oscuro and I are trying to get them back, but it looks like I'm out of luck. I tried a system restore this morning, to no avail.

I'll consider MPing - I've never MPed on sp!