Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BattleTag Ignatius-1870

Re: What are your impressions of 1.0.7?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulz View Post
    Put invisible dye on my ugly vile ward and screamed like a crazy Bieber fan.
    If you really like to see shoulders on your dude, you can also give the new crafting a try. Getting 300 main stat isn't all that impossible.

BattleTag Flexy-2748

Wait, the population display didn't make it? I was busy playing yesterday, but I really wanted to see how many people are playing D3.

Quote Originally Posted by RazeBarb View Post
    Wait, the population display didn't make it? I was busy playing yesterday, but I really wanted to see how many people are playing D3.
    The population is still healthy, I have yet to meet the same person twice in public games.

D3 Trade Moderator
    America, USEast (D2)
    Newcomer Moderator

My reactions are mixed at the moment.
    Played 2 nights since the patch went live.
    Playing mostly self found on HC (had to buy a weapon on the AH) PL 12 barb, and am looking forward to trying out the new crafting.

I have killed the skeleton king 4 times and spider queen 5 times on MP0 (I am perfering the spider as it opens up more of act 1 for me.)

I have farmed additional content as I would like more demonic essences.

this has ammounted to about 5 hours of play time.

Drops:
    2 useless legendaries - not even worth trading.
    6 demonic essences. (I am guessing at about a 6-7% drop rate based on no. of elite packs killed, gobs and resplend chests)
    0 crafting plans (new or old ones)
    0 keys (as expected as the %age of this dropping is 5%
    0 upgrades and 0 items good enough to trade (also to be expected for this short run duration)

I was hoping for better though with 5 hours of play in. I know it is only act 1 mp 0 but I am trying to self find my way out of that and it seems very difficult to break that barrier. I have done ok in ACT 2 but farming is slow and many more close calls with death so act 1 is better to farm.
    I want to see if it is even possible to do this or is the game actually broken where you have to use the AH to get the gear you need to "NOT DIE" in later acts. Can you actually find the gear you need in act 1 to "NOT DIE" in act 2.

Just my current thoughts.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

I'm still really enjoying 1.0.7. It's made farming fun again. I've played maybe 4-5 hours so far and have found 35+ demonic essences, 10+ legendaries (nothing of real note, but made a couple million gold), 9 New plans (including gems), and leveled up twice to paragon 53. The bonus XP is what makes this so much fun for me. I can finally farm a higher paragon for the challenge (and actually benefit from MF bonuses while maintaining decent XP/hr). It also finally gave me a reason to farm a non-alkaizer route! Hitting a couple of bosses during a run makes this feel more like D2 "MFing" again, and not "farming." I hate that term, farming..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

IncGamers Member

Alright, I take back my kvetching about demonic essence drops. Playing with my barb on MP1, I got one from nearly every elite pack I encountered -- something like 10 in one run. Kind of funny that I got 10 on MP1 in one run, and 1 total across one run each on MP4/MP5.

Got a recipe to boot.

It seems like any run that includes Cydaea, Azmodan, Iskatu, and Rakanoth (add in the A3 KW to boot) is really good for drops and recipe chances. It probably won't be my default run lest I get bored to tears, but it's a good thing to fall back on when you're hoping for results. Anyone found anything better for incorporating recipe drop chances in a short period?

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag bluejays90

Quote Originally Posted by raveharu View Post
    The population is still healthy, I have yet to meet the same person twice in public games.
    Then why do they continually hide it?

IncGamers Member

Chances are you'd not meet the same person whether there'd be 5000 or 5 million players, so that alone proves nothing.
    Edit: if people qq enough about the missing pop counter, Blizz will probably spin some sad story about delays or 'not being best quality for our loyal customers'. The Corporate Talk of Disconnect that all their staff regularly sport is phenomenal in its platitudial speciousness. It's basically saying 'Aren't you thankful?!' over and over again, only coating it over with impersonal 'objectiveness'.

As to the patch itself, word on the forums is the new crafts are rapidly destroying the value of gg gloves and amulets. With people getting their upgrades so fast with the buffed recipes, I wonder if they'll be happy about the patch in a few weeks, given that it accomplished pretty much nothing else.

Well, yeah, there's pvp - but that's like saying you have a car when it lacks the tires, doors and a steering wheel, not to mention gasoline. I do hope people will start to stock up on ammies to get that vit so they won't be one-shot - I've bought thousands of them and I'm not gonna resume play unless I can re-sell at a profit. Should've bet on rubies instead, value's tripled in a short time.

IncGamers Member

Everything is the same, this patch has done nothing... The D3 developers only want to mess with numbers, more stats, drop rates, 66 million upgrades for +4 stat upgrades, more +wpn damage on a underused skill, etc... its all about this MMO itemzation which only cares about numbers, no new functionality, no new ways to be creative about ANYTHING (even gear choice is a straight up linear path).

All numbers, numbers and more numbers tweaks. This game requires a lot more than simple number changes to be anything of what it was expected to be...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kiroptus View Post
    Everything is the same, this patch has done nothing... The D3 developers only want to mess with numbers, more stats, drop rates, 66 million upgrades for +4 stat upgrades, more +wpn damage on a underused skill, etc... its all about this MMO itemzation which only cares about numbers, no new functionality, no new ways to be creative about ANYTHING (even gear choice is a straight up linear path).

All numbers, numbers and more numbers tweaks. This game requires a lot more than simple number changes to be anything of what it was expected to be...
    ...which will never happen. Only D4 can fix this game. Even an expansion is not enough.