Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

What are your impressions of 1.0.7?

Just figured I'd get this thread rolling as one would come about inevitably.

I played for about one run.

Stuff I really like:

-New crafting recipes give me more content to run with a purpose
    -New crafting recipes provide good avenues for upgrading my self-found gear

Stuff I like but wish was done better:

-Why did they make demonic essence a drop rate? It should've been a guaranteed drop, but with X of them required to craft a given item. RNG is less fun than accumulating pieces towards a set goal, IMO. On top of the demonic essence drop RNG, you still rely on the recipe drop RNG and the actual item roll RNG anyway, so they may as well have made this an accumulating resource rather than a randomly-obtained one.
    -Reflect damage seems like a joke now, whereas before, when I cranked the MP up, it was the most dangerous affix
    -It's a little disappointing that there's still no "remove story" mode, if only because there's no way to hit multiple recipe-dropping bosses/etc. in an act in a quick run. Ideally, for efficiency, you'd be able to hit a recipe-warden and a key-warden in one run, but this limits the recipe-wardens you can hit. But, same old same old.

Stuff I was underwhelmed by:

-The MP XP boost seemed off to me. My highest character is plevel15, which is relative chump change for some of you. I was running on MP4, and one run filled only about three bars (no Hellfire Ring). I'm sure it works out mathematically, and I don't care much anyway, but basically it feels like this change wasn't even enacted. Maybe my (for now) lower p-level characters will feel a greater difference.

What do you guys think?

Patch key feature analysis and full notes:
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...and-full-notes
    Last edited by Flux; 14-02-2013 at 08:16. Reason: added link to patch notes

IncGamers Member

Re: What are your impressions of 1.0.7?

did I just join a public game with MP 2 ?

awesome !

other than that,
    bored already

played my lightning wiz
    had a nice random group, did Act 3
    found a oculus ring 3 minutes in (not even close to an improvement), found 5 demonic essence

did part of Act 1 solo (find the sword onward)

monk gotta a lot of love this patch, but the monk and DH are the only classes that I never got past lvl 12,
    so I won't be trying any new monk stuff out
    really don't feel like leveling one

god, I wish arena PvP was here

BattleTag Greer-1174

Only played a couple of hours with my wizard, but I think 1.07 is excellent. I actually joined a public game in MP3 and it was fast and fun. When we finished act 3, we ran right into act 4 with five stacks of NV. Experience gain was very good -- I'm at lvl 80 so the xp boost is noticeable.

And, I actually used blizzard for the first time since 1.03, with spectral blades and frost nova, and it actually damaged monsters. Long overdue, and it felt like I was chilling things and helping out the party.

Haven't tried crafting yet, although I found a new razorspikes recipe and 12 demon essences, so might have a go.

I'm looking forward to the weekend to explore more, craft a bit and recalibrate my skills -- more options now than in 1.06 and earlier.

BattleTag Flexy-2748

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan E View Post
    -Reflect damage seems like a joke now, whereas before, when I cranked the MP up, it was the most dangerous affix
    PRAISE RAPTOR JESUS!
    I'm glad to hear that. RD was the only thing that held me back and I don't want to spend gold to counter it.

Can't wait to make some new high-level friends on public mp games!

IncGamers Member

I just did one key run Act3 and finished off Fat Crab last night. All on MP0 since im not geared that well, 3 demonic essence and 2 rare plans, for some exalted shield or something and one of the amethyst upgrades, i definitely noticed the 400% increase there. I guess from now on ill end key runs taking out the act boss.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by PearlJamaholic View Post
    I just did one key run Act3 and finished off Fat Crab last night. All on MP0 since im not geared that well, 3 demonic essence and 2 rare plans, for some exalted shield or something and one of the amethyst upgrades, i definitely noticed the 400% increase there. I guess from now on ill end key runs taking out the act boss.
    Note that the act bosses DO NOT drop the new crafting recipes -- only the sub-bosses do.

BattleTag Majo666-2473

I have tried a few keep 1+2+3 runs on MP1, ending with Ghom.
    Got a spaulders plan of dex from him on 1st try. 5 DE so far.

In my last run, a plan (archon gauntlets of dex) dropped of some trash mob.
    So keep your eyes on these yellow drops!

I love the public MP setting. Also found a new crafting recipie, so I'm enjoying crafting a few amulets at the end of each session.

IncGamers Member

Where are the monk buffs.

Where is new content?

IncGamers Member

I was curious to know why the population display has been removed from the final build.