Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Q&A 1.0.7 - It's big

As others have said, I thought it was pretty underwhelming. Maybe making it about v.107 doomed the Q&A to what it was, but basically it felt like a lot of very long, patient, thoughtful excuses why the patch wasn't better. Why there weren't more/better features to dueling. Why they didn't make more fundamental character changes. Etc.

That can't help but feel disappointing since it's not giving us more/new/excite! And D3 is just the same game it's been for the past few months, with only act 3 worth farming, and now with some new crafting options and a few skill tweaks for 2 classes. And a half assed pvp feature tacked on. Admittedly, D2 made a big change in a patch about every 30 months, but we all have higher standards now, I guess. And since there aren't D3 mods for those of us who really want something different, we've only got the official game to satisfy. Or not.
    --Flux
    The Diablo 1, 2, & 3 Wiki! (Under construction.)

BattleTag Flexy-2748

Well, at least they're working on it.
    The game is already leagues better than on release day, and it can only get better.

BattleTag Ignatius-1870

I think they're waiting for that new director to give them a better idea of what they should do.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by windstriker View Post
    It's big and filled with a whole lot of nothing. And monk passives are apparently fine atm, even though they weren't in october and haven't changed since.
    what were you expecting? a miracle patch? lulz..anyway, more important than any patch is these alleged saviors are pretty boring as i said in a previous post:
    Spoiler
    although, i did lulz at one of chambers responses. anyway, they should leave the happy talk and gilded excuses to the CM. hopefully, they'll show more conviction about their vision of D3, like jay.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RazeBarb View Post
    Well, at least they're working on it.
    The game is already leagues better than on release day, and it can only get better.
    Yeah, back then it was broken. Now, it's approaching mediocrity. -_-

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr punk View Post
    what were you expecting? a miracle patch? lulz.
    Wasn't expecting anything, wasn't given anything. And the topic is about the Q&A concerning 1.0.7 and the Q&A is only air. No substance.

I think the patch is pretty good. Monk skills wave of light and exploding palm now rock!
    The rest might come in 1.0.8

IncGamers Member

Flux: but basically it felt like a lot of very long, patient, thoughtful excuses why the patch wasn't better.
    Wasn't better? We got big buffs to two classes, a ton of new crafting options, new gems, public MP, persistent NV, and brawling -- that's a lot for one patch. What exactly is bad about it, it didn't end world hunger and resolve the Palestinian-Israeli conflict?

And that's the problem with all this reactionary whining, nothing will ever satisfy people who just want to be negative. You guys want Blizzard to communicate more, and when they communicate more you complain. You demand more things to do, and when they give you more things to do, you complain that they didn't give us more things to do.

When you set out to be disappointed, you will be disappointed no matter what. And yet I see nothing in either the patch nor the Q&A for anyone to be negative about.