Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Q&A 1.0.7 - It's big

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7895009644

Is it what you hoped for?

Edit: It's big and filled with a whole lot of nothing. And monk passives are apparently fine atm, even though they weren't in october and haven't changed since.
    Last edited by windstriker; 11-02-2013 at 18:41.

IncGamers Member

Re: Q&A 1.0.7 - It's big

Well, considering it answered none of the overarching "D3 y u suk so much" queries, I suspect nobody will like this Q&A.

BattleTag Ignatius-1870

Well, I honestly didn't have all that many questions about 1.07 to begin with but it was nice they dropped some hints about their development process and plans for the future. So I found the read enjoyable for the most part. I'd rather just have more blog updates than these QA sessions. For example, I just can't believe the question that asked why they were buffing unused skills got upvoted.

None of the fixes to OWE sounded appealing. So that's kind of got me worried, but whatever I don't even use OWE.

^Konfeta nailed it. That's pretty much all the official forums are right now. Rather, it's a typical day, but times that by 2.

IncGamers Member

Overall, I thought they did a good job with it.

TheDestructor:
    I just can't believe the question that asked why they were buffing unused skills got upvoted.
    The Q&A was about why they made the changes in 1.07 that they did, so "why buff this and not that?" is rather relevant, even if the question was a little duh.

Some changes may seem obvious, but there are always going to be people who genuinely don't understand why something was changed the way it was or what greater issues may be coming in to play. That's what these are at least trying to help alleviate with these Q&As, fruitless though it might be.

When someone has already made up their mind about those topics though, the result is what you see on bnet :(

IncGamers Member

Like Soval said, they really did focus like they said on 1.0.7 which is completely understandable. However, I think we are all waiting for a more comprehensive report on their views on itemization, social UI, etc. These are updates and changes that will most likely come with the expansion. I can just sense they are holding their hands close with any big changes to garner as much support and positive reaction as possible when the Xpac is announced.

IncGamers Member

Well, it was something related to Diablo 3, therefore I am not surprised it was completely underwhelming and very disappointing. That's pretty much D3's legacy and it continues.

I'm surprised it took them this long to figure out that the long term health of the game required some form of bound gear. They had soul-bound gear in before beta, and they decided against it. It's like they learned nothing from D2's utter joke of an economy.

IncGamers Member

Pretty underwhelming, in my opinion.

Especially since Lylirra mentioned that 1.07 is coming out tomorrow (Feb 12th).

Oh well. back to clicking up Perfect Square emeralds over and over and over and over

BattleTag Flexy-2748

Well, it's finally a patch with considerable buffs to a Wizard skill. I can't wait.
    But they should've answered the dozen questions about our ****ty Tal Rasha set.

Quote Originally Posted by RazeBarb View Post
    Well, it's finally a patch with considerable buffs to a Wizard skill. I can't wait.
    But they should've answered the dozen questions about our ****ty Tal Rasha set.
    The buffs are interesting indeed, but it still feels sort of lackluster compared to CM wizard. I don't really mind that archon is the "default" build for farming low MP, since it doesn't really have any specific gear requirement.