Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Help on understanding enhanced damage from: Maul, Werebear, and HotW

These three skills all add %ED, and while I searched around, I couldn't find a post/guide that showed how a werebear's damage is calculated.

Does it all get lumped together? Is it compounding ED%? (And if so, what order?)

I'd very much like to know as I'm making a HC/SP Maul Werebear in the Super Unique tourney over on the single player forum...and I want to get the most bang for my buck skill investment-wise. (Very little choice of equipment, so I need to be frugal with my skills too)

P.S. As an aside, if I do decide to use HotW, would I have enough AR to be able to use a Act 2 Might merc? ~150%AR bonus sounds pretty nice, as well as the amount from Maul, but will it be enough in Hell?

Thanks

IncGamers Member

Re: Help on understanding enhanced damage from: Maul, Werebear, and HotW

Yep, it just gets added together. Infact all enhanced damage mods ( except on the weapon ) are added along with the skill enhanced damage mod and then multiplied with the damage of the weapon.

IncGamers Member

P.S. As an aside, if I do decide to use HotW, would I have enough AR to be able to use a Act 2 Might merc? ~150%AR bonus sounds pretty nice, as well as the amount from Maul, but will it be enough in Hell?

Obviously this depends on your gear, but probably yes, should be enough

Cool cool cool. With maxed Maul, Werebear, and HotW (plus level 20 might aura and no +skills) I'll hit 826%ED! Hopefully I'll have a weapon that does has enough base damage to utilize it.

Thanks for the advice, will be my first druid in years to (hopefully) hit a high level and be successful.

P.S. OT, but is 1 point in summon grizzly "enough" for hell? I get the feeling it isn't, and if so I'd rather use my skill points elsewhere. Plus as a bear myself, I feel like I should be able to tank relatively well...
    Last edited by Jocular; 10-02-2013 at 17:36.

IncGamers Member

Well, actually druids suck, 'cause everything they do can be better done by someone else... a concentration barb does 835% damage with concentration (magic damage, so almost 0 immunes)... add mastery and might and you'll have a great delusion

Grizzly has insignificant damage, but is a good tank, even with 1 point... extra points in grizzly won't increase its life, only its (useless) damage. To increase his life you have to put points in dire wolf... but i really don't recommand it. As +skill won't work on synergies, usually, when you see a grizzly, his life is the same you will have with 1 point in it... and that's enough

Yeah, I know druids are underpowered and a sometimes silly class, but they're still fun to use. So you think 1 point in Dire Wolves is enough for the Grizzly's health for Hell? The Grizz is a nice tank, but it seems I'd have to invest 5-10 in Dire Wolves for it to work beyond NM act 3.

IncGamers Member

What do you mean with "it works"?

If you mean staying alive, 1 point is enough (+1 point in dire wolf as prerequisite)... i use it in hell and rarely dies. If you mean dealing some effective damage, the best advice i can give you is to make a necro

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Erfel View Post
    What do you mean with "it works"?

If you mean staying alive, 1 point is enough (+1 point in dire wolf as prerequisite)... i use it in hell and rarely dies. If you mean dealing some effective damage, the best advice i can give you is to make a necro paladin
    Fixed it for you.

Yeah, enough so it works as a tank. I guess 1 point will work then, thanks. I had to invest 5 points into shockwave to get it to a 4 second delay...so I really didn't want to spend any more skill points in places other than HotW or the SS tree.

Sweet, thanks for the help!

IncGamers Member

Shockwave is great, but it's a bit hard to use (i always have some difficulties in stunning all the monsters) so you'll want it to last for about 8-10 seconds.
    I guess in single player this won't be that easy, but when you will have enough +skills, 1 point in shockwave will be enough, just like 1 point in bear