Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 101 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Re: Ender's Mafia Game

Vote: Drixx

...for not obfuscating, and for using a five dollar word in a clearly low brow venue.

I have no clue what Ender's Game is about besides the overall synopsis from wikipedia. Does anyone has any insight on what the source entails and how it can affect the game? Anything special that we should all know? (e.g. "Xyz" maybe be a cult). Also, my policy vote:

Vote: Moar

Hi there

Quote Originally Posted by Goryani View Post
    Who is your favorite Ender's Game character?
    Who is your least favorite Ender's Game character?
    Favorite is either Valentine or Bean.
    Least favorite was Bonzo, guy was just cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by Drixx View Post
    I wonder how much HIPS is going on already in this game?

Also why are there votes already in a non-voting phase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Caluin Graye View Post
    Hiding In Plain Sight.
    At first I really wanted to make some comment about Shakira. Also, when did I miss this alphabet soup? And Drixx, was
    that line your attempt at HIPS?

Votes are used to express high levels of suspicion (generally, though they are also sometimes random and vendettas at game start). They are also used to remove mafia from the game. While we can not use them for the second purpose, why do you object to the first?

Quote Originally Posted by korialstraz View Post
    I'm drunk, but. Cal is keeping hp his mi.d game like usual. Time for soxme sleep, just want to mention. That I have no clue when iklk be on acvain..
    Hmm, never would have figured it out if you had not said you were drunk at the beginning :P

Quote Originally Posted by Valhauros View Post
    I have no clue what Ender's Game is about besides the overall synopsis from wikipedia. Does anyone has any insight on what the source entails and how it can affect the game? Anything special that we should all know? (e.g. "Xyz" maybe be a cult). Also, my policy vote:

If I remember correctly, this is based of the first book and not the whole series. I think the most likely mafia would be the people who oppose Ender in command school (Bonzo being the first that comes to mind). While the enemy that Earth fights in the book is the buggers, they are really not present in the books. As for other anti-town factions, I don't see a likely cult faction.

Quote Originally Posted by korialstraz View Post
    I'm drunk, but. Cal is keeping hp his mi.d game like usual. Time for soxme sleep, just want to mention. That I have no clue when iklk be on acvain..
    This has some serious logic. Is well thought out, inspired, and brings up several very good points and calls out several scum. I will be using this as my blueprint for voting the entire game.

Anyways else just want to squeeze Kitted and snuggle? Just me?

I agree with Gwaihir, it all really comes down to the administration versus the kids. I'm trying not to spoil anything but that's how it is.

Maybe there's some offshoot characters involved too, who aren't directly in training. Maybe Valentine or Peter? I think they make a good portion of the book anyway, so it'd be a shame if they weren't included.

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin Graye View Post
    How do you figure?
    Quote Originally Posted by Valhauros View Post

Honestly I would just say get the book and read it. For anyone who reads fiction for pleasure, it should be a required book, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
    At first I really wanted to make some comment about Shakira. Also, when did I miss this alphabet soup? And Drixx, was
    that line your attempt at HIPS?

Votes are used to express high levels of suspicion (generally, though they are also sometimes random and vendettas at game start). They are also used to remove mafia from the game. While we can not use them for the second purpose, why do you object to the first?
    I don't see how a twilight vote is useful to the town. I suppose as an inside joke or, as you say, expressing a vendetta ... but afaik the roles are randomized, so who or what we all were in other games is not in the least bit relevant here. All the votes right now serve to do is obfuscate things, which is generally bad for the town. The bad guys want confusion while the good guys want clarity.

That said, I am more used to playing Mafia live where you can watch people and a lot of the tells I look for can't be found in the forum games, which makes them both challenging and frustrating
    Drixx's HC Sept Progress

Quote Originally Posted by Drixx View Post
    I don't see how a twilight vote is useful to the town. I suppose as an inside joke or, as you say, expressing a vendetta ... but afaik the roles are randomized, so who or what we all were in other games is not in the least bit relevant here. All the votes right now serve to do is obfuscate things, which is generally bad for the town. The bad guys want confusion while the good guys want clarity.
    Games most often start with a 'joke phase', of sorts, to get the ball rolling. Otherwise, who wants to be the first poster? Reading over past games, how often have you found that those that start the serious conversation are labeled as scum? So jokes are said, silly votes are placed, and the reactions those illicit will eventually provoke proper discussion. Case in point - my joke votes got you discussing the merit of them, which has now lead us to a serious discussion about the validity of the joke phase.

For instance - due to those joke votes I placed, I now suspect something about Korialstraz. He felt the need to inform us that he wasn't going to be around much during the Twilight phase, yet stops by to offer a drunken read on me that very much looks to be in response to my joke vote on you (while re-informing us of his lack of activity). Almost as if he were defending you, for some strange reason. Now, later in the game, if you were to be lynched and flipped scum, that would naturally lead me to start questioning Korialstraz.

I don't see that as obfuscation at all. In fact, I see it as exactly the opposite: Perform an action; gauge reactions to the action; use information to determine who is scum.

I really don't see the issue with joke votes either.

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pharphis View Post
    The game began with the twilight phase. Everyone may talk.
    Just want to say that I'm excited as tits for this game.

Spoiler