Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag sithlore-1558

Re: Question from a selffound WD

My build and strategy is much like Baron's.

The biggest variable to my skills is the primary skill. Firebomb (Flash Fire) - amazing Mob skill or Corpse Spiders (Leaping Spiders), decent mob skill, but good single target skill.
    The rest of my setup is Grasp, Garg, and Acid Cloud for damage, Spirit Walk and Dogs for defensive.

As Baron indicated, completely avoid IAS as it provides no benefit other than your primary skill.
    int, crit chance and crit damage is where you want to focus.

Now that 1.07 is out, my run consists of

Skycrown Battlements, Keeps level 2, Stonefort,Rakkis Crossing, Tower of the Damned (level 1), Towerof the Cursed Level 1 -> Azmodan (killing Cydea and Azmodan). Then A4 to Rakanoth. Rince and repeat. Total run takes about 45 minutes. Not the most efficient, but usually worthwhile.

IncGamers Member

I was very lucky yesterday and got the razorspike bracers of intelligence from the SK on my first go. MP1 was tough and it took some time though. So I crafted a few and got a nice upgrade, also got new pants. Now my lowest resist is 400 armor around 2400 and 40k HP.

I ventured back into act 3 and have cleared up to and including Ghom - mp0. I think I will stay here for a while, do keep/Ghom runs in hope of a few upgrades and some more recipes.
    Don't have the cash to buy the armor recipe - stupid thing that this one can't drop. Only just got 1.5 mill and want to save to be able to upgrade gems etc.

Still torn about whether or not to use a ruby in my helm.... (just made it to paralvl 7 btw)

How much MF you have?

I like the "mantra": try to 1-2 shot weaker white mobs first, focus on MF later. Better killspeed means faster runs. If I was going self-found, I would focus on getting the millions to craft the armor, which can be done in 15-20 runs (depending on the route and on my memories of the crafting costs... ).

It's hard to focus on MF because, imo, it's just bad for self-found players early on, compared with recipes. Essentially, you want to find Zuni Chest, boots, helm/ring (for set bonuses) and thing of the deep (huge pickup radius). Sure, you'll find a few sets at a certain point, but the problem is getting what you need. Right now, crafting seems to be a better option. I found lots of gold, enough to craft some armors, but only one green chest piece. Even if I had the chest piece, I would need the ring and boots to have "full power". The big stat rolls on items are just to good to not focus on, even compared with 6-affix MF gear would give you.

The big thing about MF is selling gear to buy what game refuses to drop. If I hadn't at least 3 alternates I care about, I could have got some money form selling a 2.XX spirit regen inna's spirit stone, maybe enough to get me a crit chance zuni ring. If you aren't using the AH or trading, MF don't give you enough return. I would go for Ruby on helm, but I wouldn't be torn if I got a beastly socketless helm. (I was just checking the OP, I believe this 4-line paragraph is my answer to that question, not my previous 3-4 gargatuan posts... )

Depending on which is your lower resist (fire is the wrong answer, cold is the right one ), your EHP seems to be good, very good considering self-found. Since you managed to kill skeleton king on MP1 (which is hard, considering the number of enemies in the room) and Ghom, I would forget about MF and try to increase kill speed from now on.

That means running for paragon levels, essences, recipes and gold. If you can't do it fast, pick up some items on the floor and sell them for gold. Since you already killed gold, it would be nice to reach the tower of the cursed wp, since it unlocks a route with good XP and gold drop rate due to monster density (Arreat Crater lvl 2 can be a little challenging). The rest of content is annoying and a little bit useless, imo... (The only thing useful past tower of cursed WP is the infernal machine recipe - and it isn't that useful...).

IncGamers Member

After several Ghom runs I found the int gloves recipe. Haven't had any luck with the crafting yet though. Halfway to paragon lvl 9.

I see what you mean BaronScarpia and I'm realy considering now to switch my helm socket to a ruby. I'm trying to get more killpower and EHP to push for mp1 in act 3, but atm my pets still die way too fast for my liking.
    I'm not sure about the armor, it just costs so much and would mean spending all my mony just to buy the recipe. And I can still craft better gloves and bracers for now. So amt I think I spend my money there until I get a nice glove craft. Hopwefully I have found the shoulder and amy recipe in the meantime and who know I might get lucky with an armor drop.

Got a new offhand with some manaregen, so now I hardly run oom anymore.

Considering to try out another build to mix things up. Heard alot of good thing about locus swarm and fetishes for low mp farming, but I might need more dps for that (I'm at 24k atm)

What build exactly are you guys using?

About the armor: I bought that up because it's hard to find a good armor, but you can focus on everything else before focusing on armor.

Build:

I use mostly firebomb and focused on attack speed (my 1-hander min damage is trash, enemies usually survive the first hit, so I focused on spitting firebombs as fast as I can and raised the MP. For some reason it worked).

Since I don't run on MP0 anymore, RC is "open" (I did MP3 once with Manitou...) . Acid Rain is very good if you are dealing enough damage to 1-shot white mobs, since it covers half screen.

For untwinked builds, you can use Acid Rain/Slow Burn if your gargatuan can keep the targets in the same place or Lob Blob Bomb for extra pets.

- LC: Firebomb + Ghost Bomb: The blast radius is bigger than it looks.
    - RC: Open slot. Probably I'll test hex or something, since I don't like secondary skills other than acid rain. I would run Bears if it wasn't completely out of the build.
    - Soul Harvest + Vengeful Spirit: Usually I pop spirit walk, run into the mobs, use soul harvest and get a nice damage bonus. Also, it gives AR (int bonus).
    - Spirit Walk + Honored Guest: Jaunt is better, but Attack speed usually eats my mana when I use my secondary.
    - Zombie Dogs + leeching beasts: they survive.
    - Gargatuan + Bruiser: the stun is really nice, imo.

- Jungle Fortitude: For higher MP.
    - Spirit Vessel: reduces cooldowns and prevend death on fallen maniacs.
    - Gruesome Feast: I use thing of the deep. Big damage boost.

If I was going to replace one passive, I would put pierce the veil. Since I like firebomb that much, pierce the veil is actually useful. With other skills, holding the mouse button usually is better. Grave injustice is great, probably one of the best passives, but I use primary skills and let the minions take the damage.

If you like mana regen, you can use Corpse Spiders/Spider Queen and Vision Quest.

Fetishes are good, but locust swarm usually requires items with bonus to locust swarm to work. You could try this:

http://diablonut.incgamers.com/skill...AxKzIwOTA0MSsx

(Yep, that locust swarm should be replaced with Zombie Bears...)

If you are clearing creeps relatively fast then I'd suggest gruesome feast over vision quest. Self-found you probably aren't running a lot of mana regen to multiply while the 10% mana from feast scales with kill speed (int bonus helps with that aswell). You might also try skipping gargantuan if your dogs can handle themselves, and then you can get Big Bad Voodoo - Rain dance or Sacrifice - Pride to use on elites/champions/bosses where you tend to spam your secondary and might run OOM.

IncGamers Member

Diablo is dead, even did it on MP1 (para lvl 15 now) as I just moved on from an Act3 farm run and forgot to turn down the MP setting. That lead me to move up to MP2 on farm runs.
    Found some good stuff on my last runs - all for my husbands barb though. IK helm, IK gloves, strength Lacunis and a Grand Vizir staff for his enchantress.... awesome....

So now I hunt items and mats for crafting. When I play with my husband we run SB -> Azmo, alone I do the keep and Ghom. I'm still missing alot of recipes, but I'm not in a hurry as I haven't craftet the perfect gloves or bracers for me yet. I ended up buying the armor recipe and got an awesome one on my 3rd try.

Also tried a build with a primary skill, like spiders, toads and firebomb. My killspeed decresed significantly and I went back to WoS as my main skill. I either need more dps (42k now) or more attackspeed or both to run a build with a primary skill effectivly.