Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 194
  1. #61
    IncGamers Member jmervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    12,929

    Re: stock market chat 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecutory_delusion

    It's not obama, or the the democrats you should be a afraid of.
    Thanks for calling me a schitzo. Here I was trying to hold fire since Dredd said we needed to play nice.

    Yes, I most certainly should be and am afraid of and hateful regarding the Democrats, THE WON, and puzzies like McCain, Graham, and several others. They're the ones who believe that the solution to overweening Gov't is MOAR GOV'T!! If you weren't a complete and utter hypocrite, you would recognize from the onset that THE WON is doing all that Bush was reviled for, with whipped cream, walnuts, and cherries on top.

    The Leftists and Democrats who were squalling about Bush's Imperial Presidency are utterly silent, since it's their own Leninesque "Dear Leader" who's in control, rather than Bus|-|itler. In point of fact, there's a number of impeachable actions THE WON has under his belt, not the least of which is his determination to cause harm and discomfort to innocent Americans in pursuit of his agenda. You think such a WON would stop short of throwing someone in jail because it suits their political agenda - say, a Christian who made a stupid movie?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    It's precedent set that we can kill citizens without due process a trial a judge's orders or even a warning.
    The reason for Rand Paul's filibuster, obviously, but you're losing the details to your own detriment. The Leftists are shouting about Cheney ordering the 9/11 flight (93?) to be shot down, but the problem isn't that sort of command decision. The problem is that neither THE WON, nor Holder, nor DICK Durbin are willing to say that "No", it isn't okay for us to use a Hellfire missile from a drone against our own citizens on our own soil - just BECAUSE. Democrats and Statists WANT that sort of capability. They LIKED the tactics used at Ruby Ridge and Waco, just not the result.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    That won't cause anyone to come after you. The threat is not immediate. That's not how it works.
    You're wrong. That's what the normalcy bias is about - the bull-headed determination to ignore the change and increasing risk, particularly because people like you WANT this to be good. You'd more likely slit your wrists before admitting that the EBIL Boosh, zealot moron zombie of the Creeping Papacy and crytpo-fascist REEELIGUS RYGHT!, was nowhere as bad as the Marxist-in-chief. You forget that common Democrat belief was that the mass-kicking-in-of-doors was imminent the day he was elected.

    I'm more than a little tired of the outrageous outrage only being found when it's not one of "you" in the White House. Don't shout me down when I'm preachin' good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    THe threat is against your kids, and theirs. Obama isn't going to bomb YOU. That's crazy.
    You're quite wrong. Of course THE WON isn't kicking in all that many doors at the moment. He's just taking everything that Bush and previous Executives did and dialing it up by another third. The scorpion will sting the frog, &c., and my problem isn't that I imagine I need to 'bug out' tomorrow or that I'll need the ammunition that can't be found to fight off the U.N. World Police, but that Google is already turning over vast warrantless requests to the FBI and Mikey Bloomberg is going to ban iPod ear-buds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    But the power to ignore our rights and then decide to kill us needs to be nipped off now, before we let it get any farther.
    It had already gone too far under Bus|-|itler; didn't you get the memo? You're just bleating about it not being all that bad because Obama.

    I don't know which is more applicable: "Low Information Voter" or "Laughable Intellect Voter".
    Last edited by jmervyn; 07-03-2013 at 16:57. Reason: links n' such

  2. #62
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366
    Posts
    313

    Re: stock market chat 2013

    If you pull up a long term (like 10 years) chart of the weekly HUI, youre staring at a massive head and shoulders pattern starting about 4 years ago. Ill post an image later. that is super bearish for gold, like imminent collapse. I think goldman sachs call for $1200 gold is much more right than wrong looking at that.

  3. #63
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366
    Posts
    313

    Re: stock market chat 2013

    Here is the weekly HUI chart

    That is one impressive head and shoulders pattern. Its on the weekly and it stretches back years. This is the type of head and shoulders pattern I really trust. H&S patterns precede a significant drop. In this case, it tells us that as much as gold has fallen as of late, the gold collapse has JUST started. I think we're looking at HUI 250 at least. I'm long DUST, which is an ETF that is triple leveraged to the price of gold falling.

    Patterns this huge and this clear just don't come around very often on a major index. I can probably count them on one hand in the past dozen years.

    We're looking at probably a 30% drop in the HUI from here at least, and a back of the envelope calculation would be that DUST rises 90% from current levels, which catapults DUST to around $100-$105. ETFs like DUST suffer from daily decay, so it might top out around $95-$99.

    The low should be easy to spot. The more gold falls, it will accelerate to the downside. You'll see one final one-day drop where pure fear has engulfed the gold market and it will drop by an eye-popping amount. It will come after several consecutive down days in a row. That will be the low. The confirmation will be a monster multiday rally starting the following day.

    Please note that this is not investment advice. Trading involves risk. Even if I sound confident in what I am doing, please due your own due diligence.

  4. #64
    IncGamers Member BobCox2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    UnderYourDoorMat
    BattleTag What Me Worry?
    Posts
    10,793

    Re: stock market chat 2013

    I guess I.m a volume based guy how much do you think this bull will take before it becomes bear?

    I do think it will.


    Interest rates are going to start Rising -(IMHO)- the poor are finding emplacement/employment whatever and the prisons are running out of money and will let them out or kill them (I wish Boratz was still around) and then we get the consequences.

  5. #65
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366
    Posts
    313

    Re: stock market chat 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    I guess I.m a volume based guy how much do you think this bull will take before it becomes bear?

    I do think it will.


    Interest rates are going to start Rising -(IMHO)- the poor are finding emplacement/employment whatever and the prisons are running out of money and will let them out or kill them (I wish Boratz was still around) and then we get the consequences.
    In my opinion, the fundamental driving the markets is that, while the economy for developed nations is bad, the US is viewed as a "safe haven". Investors are looking around saying to themselves, "Gee they're ALL bad, but the US is the least bad." So they are currently piling into US markets. So the US is getting overvalued. Once that paradigm changes, If the EU economy gets stronger, or the US weakens, we'll see a shift then.

    And you're right to be concerned that a rise in US interest rates, or perhaps some US austerity, can alter things.

  6. #66
    IncGamers Member jmervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    12,929

    Re: stock market chat 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Fizoo View Post
    The low should be easy to spot. The more gold falls, it will accelerate to the downside. You'll see one final one-day drop where pure fear has engulfed the gold market and it will drop by an eye-popping amount. It will come after several consecutive down days in a row. That will be the low. The confirmation will be a monster multiday rally starting the following day.
    See, I recognize this but my concern is that spot prices for the real thing aren't going to allow for that tumble to translate over to eBay or other sales outfits. I still remember gold being $375/oz when I specifically thought it would be a good idea, and when you consider current pricing it seems an obvious safe haven from the inevitable inflation.

    I like silver better because it doesn't seem to have the same "wow" factor.

  7. #67
    IncGamers Member Stevinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    chicagoland
    Posts
    5,003

    Re: stock market chat 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    Thanks for calling me a schitzo. Here I was trying to hold fire since Dredd said we needed to play nice.
    We are nice, you're just looking at this like it's happening tomorrow. I don't think this president or whomever the next one is, is likely to actually do the things we're worried about. It's the slow drip wearing away the mountain.

    Yes, I most certainly should be and am afraid of and hateful regarding the Democrats, THE WON, and puzzies like McCain, Graham, and several others. They're the ones who believe that the solution to overweening Gov't is MOAR GOV'T!! If you weren't a complete and utter hypocrite, you would recognize from the onset that THE WON is doing all that Bush was reviled for, with whipped cream, walnuts, and cherries on top.
    I agree with the gyst. this one is not following normal party lines. I also think we can agree that neither of us are big fans of Bush 2 or Obama. (and I admit I voted or Bush 2 once)

    The Leftists and Democrats who were squalling about Bush's Imperial Presidency are utterly silent, since it's their own Leninesque "Dear Leader" who's in control, rather than Bus|-|itler. In point of fact, there's a number of impeachable actions THE WON has under his belt, not the least of which is his determination to cause harm and discomfort to innocent Americans in pursuit of his agenda. You think such a WON would stop short of throwing someone in jail because it suits their political agenda - say, a Christian who made a stupid movie?
    Okay, but you must admit I have NOT been silent, and even spoke against throwing that guy in jail.

    The reason for Rand Paul's filibuster, obviously, but you're losing the details to your own detriment. The Leftists are shouting about Cheney ordering the 9/11 flight (93?) to be shot down, but the problem isn't that sort of command decision. The problem is that neither THE WON, nor Holder, nor DICK Durbin are willing to say that "No", it isn't okay for us to use a Hellfire missile from a drone against our own citizens on our own soil - just BECAUSE. Democrats and Statists WANT that sort of capability. They LIKED the tactics used at Ruby Ridge and Waco, just not the result.
    The reason for Rand's filibuster was specious. I think holder gave the right answer, that it would not be consititional, but it was mealy mouthed, and I'm glad Rand brought attention to what I see as an important issue.

    i like that you're now referring to the "statists" it shows growth that you recognize the BS is a bipartisan issue.

    Also, I'd like to point out that it's not just the drone that scares me. it could be anyone authorized to kill citizens. My issue is that it's a clear violation of due process if the list is secret, and the target is not an imminent threat. Words have meanings, and "imminent" is not one we should play around with. Drones just make it extra scary. evil robots roaming the skies and all that. scary, but they're a side issue.

    You're wrong. That's what the normalcy bias is about - the bull-headed determination to ignore the change and increasing risk, particularly because people like you WANT this to be good. You'd more likely slit your wrists before admitting that the EBIL Boosh, zealot moron zombie of the Creeping Papacy and crytpo-fascist REEELIGUS RYGHT!, was nowhere as bad as the Marxist-in-chief. You forget that common Democrat belief was that the mass-kicking-in-of-doors was imminent the day he was elected.
    I have no idea what you're talking about. Deep breath buddy.

    I'm not ignoring the danger, I'm simply evaluating what I think it likely. Precedent is a real thing. Obama's desire to knock down your door, is a tad overstated.

    Also, "creeping papacy" is something you made up. Most of the most annoying nutbars aren't even catholic. I'm not sure what "crypto-facist" even means. Like Secret? I don't think they're quiet about the things that we disagree on. Quite the opposite.

    Anyway, this isn't really related, but apparently, I've been outed as a skeptic somewhere along the way. The new priest at the church I was confirmed in sent me a book and a letter about rekindling my faith. They sent it to my parent's house, so I only flipped through it, but it seemed very strange, as I haven't stepped in that building since about age 16-17 or so, and my mom is a chreaster at best. The book was almost $20 too. Is there a word that means you were simultaneously annoyed, flattered and intrigued? Anyway, this new guy uses some very terse language, He doesn't come across as nice as the old one.

    I'm more than a little tired of the outrageous outrage only being found when it's not one of "you" in the White House. Don't shout me down when I'm preachin' good.
    I did not vote for Obama.

    YOu are "preaching good", I suppose, but your penchant for hyperbole makes you an uncomfortable bedfellow. Perhaps I should take any agreement I can get.


    You're quite wrong. Of course THE WON isn't kicking in all that many doors at the moment. He's just taking everything that Bush and previous Executives did and dialing it up by another third.
    I agree the program has been dramatically expanded under Obama.


    The scorpion will sting the frog
    , &c., and my problem isn't that I imagine I need to 'bug out' tomorrow or that I'll need the ammunition that can't be found to fight off the U.N. World Police, but that Google is already turning over vast warrantless requests to the FBI and Mikey Bloomberg is going to ban iPod ear-buds.
    I thought the google thing stopped. are they doing that again? hmm. That sucks I'm pretty tied into google for a bunch of their services. As for Bloomberg, I don't even know what he thinks that will accomplish. Does he want to bring back the big shoulder boomboxes? Cuz I'm sure city folk LOVED those. Dumb.



    It had already gone too far under Bus|-|itler; didn't you get the memo? You're just bleating about it not being all that bad because Obama.
    <sigh> we really need to find a lib for you to thrash on. You telling me what I think about stuff is just not working out.


    I don't know which is more applicable: "Low Information Voter" or "Laughable Intellect Voter".
    Yes because pages and pages of debating on politics equates to "low information" because i don't agree with you on some stuff. If I actually thought half the stuff you say I do, you still wouldn't have a point. "low information" != disagrees with jmerv
    Last edited by Stevinator; 11-03-2013 at 11:56.

  8. #68
    IncGamers Member BobCox2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    UnderYourDoorMat
    BattleTag What Me Worry?
    Posts
    10,793

    Re: stock market chat 2013

    LOL at IDEA of you paying NICE!



    You in the GOP have settled on taking your ball and going home as the way to play Calvenball.

    and you will be replaced after the filibusters are over as no one is voting 4 U.

  9. #69
    IncGamers Member jmervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    12,929

    Re: stock market chat 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    It's the slow drip wearing away the mountain
    You just keep telling yourself that...



    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    this one is not following normal party lines.
    Sure it is. The Democrat Party are the ones who only SAY they're anti-fascist and what not; they are definitely those more interested in pervasive Gov't, if only because the corruption is more profitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    Okay, but you must admit I have NOT been silent, and even spoke against throwing that guy in jail.
    Stopped clock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    The reason for Rand's filibuster was specious.
    I don't think so, because Holder/Obama WERE trying to finesse the issue beforehand. Seriously, "Oh, you meant THOSE citizens?" is such BS that it would embarrass someone other than Holder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    i like that you're now referring to the "statists" it shows growth that you recognize the BS is a bipartisan issue.
    You're laughable sometimes. Since when have I ever pretended or insinuated otherwise? My entire hobby is disabusing... or, well, just straight-out abusing - people like you who think that there's somehow a preponderance of such on the "right", when it's clearly been from the Socialist Left for decades. There's just plenty of people claiming to be from the "right" who prefer the 'go along get along' approach, like McCain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    evil robots roaming the skies and all that. scary, but they're a side issue.
    Precisely. The fact that Nobel-Prize-Winner has maintained a secret kill list for years, and that the Democrats are just fine with that, is all I need to prove my assertions above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    I'm not ignoring the danger, I'm simply evaluating what I think it likely. Precedent is a real thing. Obama's desire to knock down your door, is a tad overstated.
    Not really. Precedent IS a real thing, and if you thought that Ruby Ridge was an anomaly then you've also ignored the attempts of Democrats to insert language supporting unannounced police inspections in Oregon, or the confiscation of personal weapons after Hurricane Katrina, along with a host of others. The "normalcy bias" refers to exactly what you demonstrate - it hasn't happened to YOU so it's really not happening.

    I suppose you never imagined some two-bit high school dropout wouldn't be fondling your balls in the airport, either, but slippery slopes are slippery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    Also, "creeping papacy" is something you made up.
    Actually, it was used by the anti-Catholics several decades ago, IIRC also including the Northern Irish, because they had mouth-frothing stupid beliefs about religious domination of the political sector all but identical to yours. Plus, they had the Reverend Ian Paisely, who was the poster boy for your brand of intolerance. Funny that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    Most of the most annoying nutbars aren't even catholic.
    Correct, but not only are many Catholics not Christian, which is the ~70% of the U.S. population which you applied your blanket "nutbars" to, but you were particularly offended that Catholics had the gall to refuse to honor the State imposing rules which violated their beliefs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    I'm not sure what "crypto-facist" even means. Like Secret?
    I can't believe you don't even know how to use Google. It's someone who actually admires fascism. The Leftists incessantly accuse the "right" of it, because basically they don't even understand what it means - they just know that "fascist" is almost as fun to sling at someone as "racist".
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    Is there a word that means you were simultaneously annoyed, flattered and intrigued? Anyway, this new guy uses some very terse language, He doesn't come across as nice as the old one.
    It's our job to try to save you from, well, yourself. Some of us do it differently - I never really enjoyed the "insult comic" preacher that used to hang out on the student mall but I completely understand him now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    I did not vote for Obama.
    Uh-huh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    I thought the google thing stopped. are they doing that again? hmm.
    It never stopped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    You telling me what I think about stuff is just not working out.
    I'm showing you your future, as in where your beliefs extrapolate to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    "low information" != disagrees with jmerv
    Well, I admit I was just throwing that part out; it wasn't really meant to stick. I've mentioned why I think you're more L.I.V. than not, in no small part because of your 'creeping papacy' stuff, but at least you're not discussing American Idol and the like.
    **********************************************
    Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    LOL at IDEA of you paying NICE!
    I'm one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. You'll never meet me.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    You in the GOP have settled on taking your ball and going home as the way to play Calvenball.
    Don't EVER insult me by saying I'm in/of/like the GOP. Lesser of two weevils. Aside from the fact that you can't spell Calvinball, what do you want them to do?

    Just say, Ok, champ, raise taxes and spend more?

    Spoiler

    Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    and you will be replaced after the filibusters are over as no one is voting 4 U.
    Pfft. There's too many people voting for them as it is. People need to see what the Glorious Socialist Revolution is really going to bring to the U.S., and the longer it takes to get there, the longer the suffering will be.

  10. #70
    IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tech Support! TECH SUPPORT!!
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ
    Posts
    6,990

    Re: stock market chat 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    [...]

    Correct, but not only are many Catholics not Christian ...

    [...]
    Could you expand upon this assertion or assumption, Merv? On the face of it, it looks like nonsense but I know that can't be true

    I'm sure there's a rational explanation

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •