DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Re: stock market chat 2013

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    "Trinkle"?
    Heh. Trinkle.

In my day, this was called Invisible Hand. Or it wasn't, I get my mythologies confused all the time

Snarkasm aside, "trickle down" <does> work, since it's inherent to Capitalism, as anyone who grasped their basic economics classes can tell you. The Western World wouldn't have been riding America's economic coat-tails for almost 100 years were that not the case, nor would America have been the World's economic powerhouse. Even the Keynesian "economists" like Krugman (and therefore Obama) secretly know it, even if they stupidly assume that Gov't "churn" can somehow take the place of the producers creating wealth. The issues are whether it works well, if it is at all equitable in its workings, if there's anything that might work more efficiently, and if there's legitimate rationale to switch. Of those issues, the only one I find worth debate is whether unnatural monopoly should be tolerated.
    Can I call it table scraps? Please?

I'll leave it to the forum to come up with some perverse commentary about the board game.
    You may rely upon the forum's perversity at all time

Say Loz, let me into your flat some evening so I can steal the money in your mattress.
    Merv, there ain't enough universe for the amount of No that this request gets

Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    In my day, this was called Invisible Hand. Or it wasn't, I get my mythologies confused all the time
    The "invisible hand" is quite real. It's that scratching behind the wall you hear in the middle of the night.
    Can I call it table scraps? Please?
    I suppose, though doing so really ignores the validity. You only get a "table scraps" result when you have uncontrolled exploitation, of either the Capitalist or Statist variety. If you have true free markets, the worker is worthy of his hire; I'll readily admit there can be unfair, unfree markets in Capitalist environments.
    You may rely upon the forum's perversity at all time
    There are some universal constants...
    Merv, there ain't enough universe for the amount of No that this request gets
    Fine, then. I'll just have to use that key I fabricated next time I'm there. Unless, of course, you're stupid enough to put your wealth in one of those wicked, exploitative BANKS!?

BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    [...]

Fine, then. I'll just have to use that key I fabricated next time I'm there. Unless, of course, you're stupid enough to put your wealth in one of those wicked, exploitative BANKS!?
    Great, you have a key? So I needn't have slept in the car the other night? Bastid.

Wait? Wealth?

Wait? Wealth?
    You've got a computer of some kind, right? Plus your gub'mint pension?

BattleTag FTITCTAJ

I do indeed have a computer of some kind.
    As for my pension, no, not yet. Maybe, in a few years and if they haven't spent the money on something else in the meantime

Disclaimer: Assuming we both understand the meaning of the word wealth, of course.

Disclaimer: Assuming we both understand the meaning of the word wealth, of course.
    Beef futures, in your case?

BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Beef ... it's such an imprecise term, dontchthink?

The last couple of times I was in Spain, if I asked for a steak ... well, variety is the spice of life they say. The Spanish are probably shrugging right now and talking about anglos locos, que paso hombres?

Beef ... it's such an imprecise term, dontchthink?
    T'was always thus - I believe I mentioned my first experience of a British "hamburger"?
    The last couple of times I was in Spain, if I asked for a steak ... well, variety is the spice of life they say. The Spanish are probably shrugging right now and talking about anglos locos, que paso hombres?
    I've never really understood the fascination you British have with Spain - I lived there a year and a half, and thought it was ghastly (particularly Madrid). Give me a Portugal vacation any day. That being said, there's a lot of interest by American foodies such as Tony Bourdain in "Street Meat". Perhaps we're preparing for the future economy, where haute cuisine will be offal and boiled grass?

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366

I'm seeing a lot of pundits begin to assert that the market correction has begun. Market wound tighter and tighter for a while there but broke down monday. Futures are also down. I don't think its going to be a major crash, just an normal correction of at-most 10%.

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

It seems you are listening a lot to others and make decisions on impressions. I would consider statements of so-called pundits with extreme caution. You will always, *ALWAYS* have to ask yourself why they are making their statements. There are several reasons, one is doing good deeds for mankind, another is another is making you do something which will influence prices to his or his employer's advantage - and not necessarily to yours.

There are several shades of grey, but most motives are based on greed... at least that would be my first assumption. If you don't have at least a crude version of the mentioned Cinderella clock (i.e. have a few skills and a bit of background knowledge... and the mentioned experts don't provide it), you better try making money with a different half luck, half skills game, like cleaning out noobs at the poker table .
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!