BattleTag What Me Worry?

Re: stock market chat 2013

Quote Originally Posted by zrk View Post
    you missed it bro, the big dip in gold is over, it can only o up from here
    There is always more down.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366

Personally, I have gold as having bottomed out for now. The immediately future is either flat or up. I don't see any more down.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by Fizoo View Post
    Personally, I have gold as having bottomed out for now. The immediately future is either flat or up. I don't see any more down.
    "immediately future"
    Need I say more, it will hit lower points.

My big problem with investing comparisons between you and I, is I don't change my positions on anything like the timescale you do.

A lot of your big drama is stuff I have ridden out via holding it.

Gold, stocks, bonds, if you by incrementally and hold you make money.
    Sell at new moving average highs, hold cash 6-9 months and get in at moving average lows.

I'm not a day trader, sure you can do that but I'm too busy with a real well paying JOB to bother and the basics of buy and hold work OK as long as you look at underlying fundamentals and get out when a tech type goes obsolete, and I Learned that with Polaroid before you were born.

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    "immediately future"

My big problem with investing comparisons between you and I, is I don't change my positions on anything like the timescale you do.

Sell at new moving average highs, hold cash 6-9 months and get in at moving average lows.

I'm not a day trader, sure you can do that but I'm too busy with a real well paying JOB to bother and the basics of buy and hold work OK as long as you look at underlying fundamentals and get out when a tech type goes obsolete, and I Learned that with Polaroid before you were born.
    Mind you I had a nightmare last night about gold market going into a rout and panicking down to triple digits. Owning gold is bad for your stress lol, i should sell mine now despite the low price.

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

It's funny to see how many people don't understand the concept of the term "long-term investment". It means that you keep things for decades. Not for making a profit, but for securing the order of magnitide of one's wealth. Even losing 50% of the value or even 75% over 100 years is OK, believe it or not. That's similar during a massive depression.

I'm under the impression that the best long-term investment is probably farmland. Those families who were wealthy for several centuries are almost always land owners, in particular those with the means to protect it. Gold can be stolen, even if guarded well, but e.g. a noble family in Europe had land and the soldiers to keep their status quo.

Successful stock market speculations are mostly taking advantage of of others or of system flaws. I wouldn't say that it's always immoral, but it's often like finding a poker table with as many noobs, fools or desperate people as possible.
    Last edited by krischan; 14-08-2013 at 10:31. Reason: word salad fixed
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by asterhuj View Post
    it is good information and i like this post.
    I like your pants and Wallet.
    They are now mine

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    "immediately future"

I'm having a tough time trading what I know. My system makes great money. I made a great call saying gold was about to collapse. But just failed at getting the move.

Currently though, I'm obeying my system. I'm still short the market with shares of TZA, which is what my system says to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizoo View Post
    I'm having a tough time trading what I know. My system makes great money. I made a great call saying gold was about to collapse. But just failed at getting the move.

Currently though, I'm obeying my system. I'm still short the market with shares of TZA, which is what my system says to do.
    Currently some exotic London gold estimation index is negative, which in the recent decades has always preceded a massive gold price boom. So I wonder what your system has to say about hat.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366

Quote Originally Posted by zrk View Post
    Currently some exotic London gold estimation index is negative, which in the recent decades has always preceded a massive gold price boom. So I wonder what your system has to say about hat.
    My system likes gold a lot better now than earlier this year.

There's been a change of opinion in the past few months. More investors feel Europe is emerging from a year and a half of stagnation. That may cause the dollar to weaken again. We have a potential double top in the dollar for may and july 2013. An economic recovery in Europe will cause people to rebalance their portfolios, shedding exposure to the dollar in favor of the euro. A side effect of this dollar weakening is that gold begins to rally again.

I suspect that is what we are seeing now. The dollar has been falling, gold has been rising, and its probably because people are buying into the Europe economic recovery and reinvesting there.