Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast
    BattleTag What Me Worry?

Re: stock market chat 2013

DUST on 5/23 was more than that was it not?
    I have no Idea How you think the general Market is a Buy right now it's pretty much at a peak I would think?

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    DUST on 5/23 was more than that was it not?
    I have no Idea How you think the general Market is a Buy right now it's pretty much at a peak I would think?
    At this point, I've switched over to my system and it gave a buy signal on 5/17, not 5/23 (my mistake). A lot of times, it gives signals that don't seem to make sense, but it turns a tremendous profit. My problem has been thinking exactly as you are, that the signal does not make sense and so I don't follow it. That's pretty much how I lose money. :(

In the end, I need to stop overthinking it and just follow the system...

Here are the recent signals my system gave me:

BUY TNA 10/16/12 @ $59.60
    SELL TNA 1/22/13 @ $75

+25.8% gain

BUY TZA 1/22/13 @ $11.40
    SELL TZA 1/30/13 @ $11

-3.6% gain (loss)

BUY TNA 1/30/13 @ $77.44
    SELL TNA 3/22/13 @ $88.06

+13.7% gain

BUY TZA 3/22/13 @ $9.37
    SELL TZA 4/8/13 @ $10

+6.7% gain

BUY TNA 4/8/13 @ $41.50
    SELL TNA 5/15/13 @ ~$49 (unsure on exact price I have it at work...Ill update later)

+18% gain

BUY TZA 5/15/13 @ ~$32 (unsure exact price I have it at work..I'll update later)
    SELL TZA 5/17 13 @ ~$31.30 (unsure exact price I have it at work...I'll update it later)

-2.2% gain (loss)

BUY TNA 5/17/13 @ $50.66

And that is where the system is.

Going by my notes here I meant 5/17 not 5/23...

If I put $10,000 into my mechanical trading system on 10/16/12, I would currently have $16,978. But like I say, I find it terribly hard to just stick with my system because when you listen to news reports and such it makes no sense. It just works tho. I mean right now, you'd look at the market and say this thing should not work because the market looks like its going to correct. But my system is right way more than wrong and I have been burned BADLY by NOT just trading my system lol...

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366

My system is CLOSE to another sell signal. It can come this week in fact.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366

My friend thinks I'm a dumbass because I've been relaying him my signals for a while now and they are making crazy money and I can't just do what it says lol....

Two questions, where did you buy your system, and what would you have done if you had just bought a generic S&P index etf and sat on it? The market has been up and up and up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    The market has been up and up and up.
    Yeah, well... better go put all your money in, then.

The underlying problems won't go away.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366

Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    Two questions, where did you buy your system, and what would you have done if you had just bought a generic S&P index etf and sat on it? The market has been up and up and up.
    I don't know what you mean, where did i buy my system?

I don't know the answer to the second question, but it makes money on the short side as well.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366

My system came VERY close to generating a SELL signal this past week but FAILED to do so. Over the years I've tracked my system, there was ONE time where a long trade (buy TNA) lost a lot of money, and it happened when a SELL signal almost was generated but then failed to do so. It looks like this COULD be the second time it has happened.

Figures, since I went away from my system while it generated tons of profits, and as soon as I come back, I get extremely unlucky and hit a loser. Although its not a loser yet, as no sell signal has been generated.

Still....

As the market fell 350+ points on thursday, I decided I really liked playing a long trade on gold. Gold looked oversold. So I bit the bullet and SOLD my shares of TNA around $44 and change.

Current position is:

BOT 177 shares of NUGT at $6.11.

My target price is above $9. I just need to sit tight and wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizoo View Post
    As the market fell 350+ points on thursday, I decided I really liked playing a long trade on gold. Gold looked oversold. So I bit the bullet and SOLD my shares of TNA around $44 and change.
    Yeah, I was thinking about it. Gold went down to $1200, which is that supposed "replacement" cost, so I'm wondering which of the datum is invalid or inaccurate. Either gold is still overvalued, the "replacement" concept is carp, or it's going to rebound as people stop panicking and flee stocks (again).

The thing that stumps me is that American bonds are still so "good". We're not plummeting as fast as everyone else, so we're a good investment?!?

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366

Now for the frightening stuff.....

Since 2000, the Dow has carved out a classic technical pattern called a Megaphone Top. A generic graph follows:

standard megaphone top.jpg

Now for a picture of the 21st century Dow, which clearly shows this pattern:

dow megaphone top.png

The target of the megaphone top collapse is Dow 600. Not 6000, but 600. The 1929 top of 386 should hold. But its basically telling us this is the BIG BAD BEAR of our lifetimes dead ahead, about to erase most 20th century gains.

dow target.png

Will it happen? Unfortunately, patterns are more reliable the larger they are. I cannot recall a pattern taking 13 years to carve out failing. This is a huge pattern. These just don't fail. So, as crazy and nutty as it sounds, it should be correct. We should be on the verge of collapse.

The impetus should be the collapse of China. China has a huge housing bubble. They are now taking strong measures to stop it, but doing so risks bringing down their economy. These guys aren't exactly experts of capitalism, and this could be one big learning process for them, while it greatly damages the global economy. Their interbank lending rates are starting to rise quickly as they work to pop their housing bubble.

China's collapse means the factory of the world shuts down, throwing the global economy off kilter. All I can tell you is: may you live in interesting times.

The charts are not mine, they were borrowed from another discussion board to highlight issues here.