Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366

Re: stock market chat 2013

The top we reached in May 2013 should be talked about for the rest of our lives. We likely won't clearly surpass it for decades, when we are old men haha.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking about it. Gold went down to $1200, which is that supposed "replacement" cost, so I'm wondering which of the datum is invalid or inaccurate. Either gold is still overvalued, the "replacement" concept is carp, or it's going to rebound as people stop panicking and flee stocks (again).

The thing that stumps me is that American bonds are still so "good". We're not plummeting as fast as everyone else, so we're a good investment?!?
    The Replacement cost is carp, I read a good article on it the other day - will see if I can find it and update.

Edit:
    The Future For Gold Supply Looks Grim, But The Price Of Gold Does Not Care

Last edited by BobCox2; 22-06-2013 at 22:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizoo View Post
    China's collapse means the factory of the world shuts down, throwing the global economy off kilter. All I can tell you is: may you live in interesting times
    AKA the "Chinese Curse". Nice.

It still stuns me that droolers like NOBEL PRIZE WINNAH Krugman cite China and its growth as an admirable model. We can hope that the scenario is not enough to cause the economapocalypse, but I don't see what can stop it now.

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    The Replacement cost is carp, I read a good article on it the other day - will see if I can find it and update.

Edit:
    The Future For Gold Supply Looks Grim, But The Price Of Gold Does Not Care
    TY Bob. Sadly, it's a subscription site so I didn't get past the first page.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    AKA the "Chinese Curse". Nice.

It still stuns me that droolers like NOBEL PRIZE WINNAH Krugman cite China and its growth as an admirable model. We can hope that the scenario is not enough to cause the economapocalypse, but I don't see what can stop it now.

TY Bob. Sadly, it's a subscription site so I didn't get past the first page.
    Learn to earn - did the first page give you nothing?

The summary is As stated before we believe that the amount of new gold production has marginal influence on the gold price; reduced mine output will in our opinion not drive the spot price, neither up nor down. Other factors will, but mine output simply does not feature very prominently at all in the price finding equation.
    Here is our argument in short (the longer version is here).

And all you need for the second page is a throwaway e-mail so it's not like it costs anything.

Learn to earn - did the first page give you nothing?
    Oh, no, it was very good - I just dislike those subscription rent-seeking deals. Funnily enough, seekingalpha.com is also one of the sites that Vox Day has on his must-read list (along w. ZeroHedge).
    And all you need for the second page is a throwaway e-mail so it's not like it costs anything.
    Yah, I just don't want to bother.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366

At this point, I've switched over to my system and it gave a buy signal on 5/17, not 5/23 (my mistake). A lot of times, it gives signals that don't seem to make sense, but it turns a tremendous profit. My problem has been thinking exactly as you are, that the signal does not make sense and so I don't follow it. That's pretty much how I lose money. :(

In the end, I need to stop overthinking it and just follow the system...

Here are the recent signals my system gave me:

BUY TNA 10/16/12 @ $59.60
    SELL TNA 1/22/13 @ $75

+25.8% gain

BUY TZA 1/22/13 @ $11.40
    SELL TZA 1/30/13 @ $11

-3.6% gain (loss)

BUY TNA 1/30/13 @ $77.44
    SELL TNA 3/22/13 @ $88.06

+13.7% gain

BUY TZA 3/22/13 @ $9.37
    SELL TZA 4/8/13 @ $10

+6.7% gain

BUY TNA 4/8/13 @ $41.50
    SELL TNA 5/15/13 @ ~$49 (unsure on exact price I have it at work...Ill update later)

+18% gain

BUY TZA 5/15/13 @ ~$32 (unsure exact price I have it at work..I'll update later)
    SELL TZA 5/17 13 @ ~$31.30 (unsure exact price I have it at work...I'll update it later)

-2.2% gain (loss)

BUY TNA 5/17/13 @ $50.66

And that is where the system is.

Going by my notes here I meant 5/17 not 5/23...

If I put $10,000 into my mechanical trading system on 10/16/12, I would currently have $16,978. But like I say, I find it terribly hard to just stick with my system because when you listen to news reports and such it makes no sense. It just works tho. I mean right now, you'd look at the market and say this thing should not work because the market looks like its going to correct. But my system is right way more than wrong and I have been burned BADLY by NOT just trading my system lol...
    Updating this sytem...

Quick Summary:

System signals:

BUY TNA 5/17/13 @ $50.66
    SELL TNA 7/23/13 @ $59.04

+16.5% gain

BUY TZA 7/23/13 @ $25.15

My stock system issued a SELL signal this past tuesday, 7/23/13, at $59.04. It immediately bot TZA @ $25.15. Of course, I lacked the discipline to follow my own system, so I missed a gain of 16.5%.....

Almost all of the long positions make money. This was proved yet again with the large profit from buying and selling TNA. Shorting the market is about a 50-50 proposition. So, when the system gave me a sell signal on tuesday, I waited for confirmation elsewhere. Most technical chartists are now seeing topping patterns and looking at quite possibly a large breakdown here imminently, so I decided to short the market today buy buying TZA. Unfortunately, TZA has gone higher since the sell signal.

I bot TZA @ 25.68. We'll see how it goes.

Again, what's your system?

Anyway, I had a buddy call telling me I had to buy this Australian energy company while it was low. He managed to get in around 9, I wussed out at 12.something, it's up to 16.40. Shucks. The ADR ticker is: LNCGY

He swears it'll run up to 30 before falling again, but I don't like to speculate. Especially when he says it'll be a pump and dump. That crap scares me.

Now for the frightening stuff.....

Since 2000, the Dow has carved out a classic technical pattern called a Megaphone Top. A generic graph follows:

Attachment 4442

Now for a picture of the 21st century Dow, which clearly shows this pattern:

Attachment 4443

The target of the megaphone top collapse is Dow 600. Not 6000, but 600. The 1929 top of 386 should hold. But its basically telling us this is the BIG BAD BEAR of our lifetimes dead ahead, about to erase most 20th century gains.

Attachment 4444

Will it happen? Unfortunately, patterns are more reliable the larger they are. I cannot recall a pattern taking 13 years to carve out failing. This is a huge pattern. These just don't fail. So, as crazy and nutty as it sounds, it should be correct. We should be on the verge of collapse.

The impetus should be the collapse of China. China has a huge housing bubble. They are now taking strong measures to stop it, but doing so risks bringing down their economy. These guys aren't exactly experts of capitalism, and this could be one big learning process for them, while it greatly damages the global economy. Their interbank lending rates are starting to rise quickly as they work to pop their housing bubble.

China's collapse means the factory of the world shuts down, throwing the global economy off kilter. All I can tell you is: may you live in interesting times.

The charts are not mine, they were borrowed from another discussion board to highlight issues here.
    The difference is, China can support its bubble because it has a high savings rate and a lot of exports. this mitigates a lot of the damage of monetary expansion fueled credit bubbles

BattleTag What Me Worry?

I have too much cash waiting for a crash (move I made last year + money made and not invested), and enough in the market "SPY" that I'm hoping bond's or gold takes a big hit so I can get in and balance.
    Gold is getting close to what I want to buy at.

I buy and hold long term. Just waiting to rebalance

I have too much cash waiting for a crash (move I made last year + money made and not invested), and enough in the market "SPY" that I'm hoping bond's or gold takes a big hit so I can get in and balance.
    Gold is getting close to what I want to buy at.

I buy and hold long term. Just waiting to rebalance
    you missed it bro, the big dip in gold is over, it can only o up from here