Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Re: stock market chat 2013

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    and I don't play slots or invest in Nigeria.
    Sorry.
    That's not really legit, Bob - pennystocks are essentially hobby investments, and can be at least as lucrative as posting on eBay. Sure, there's plenty of scammers and thieves, but where aren't such people when money is available. Might not be YOUR cup of tea, but it's certainly a better online hobby than... er... others.

**IF** I had money to invest in stock outside my rigidly controlled Gov't framework or 401k, I probably wouldn't play penny stocks. Instead, there's a technique, marketed by other snake-oil sounding types, that actually works because it's nothing but several loose principles rather than a get rich quick scheme (of course, the oily types sell it as get rich quick).

As best I recall, it is simply that you find cyclic stocks, invest in them when they're close to the bottom of the cycle, and sell them before they peak. Your returns over time are tied to their cyclic duration, and I suppose there's mathematical calculations to see how high the effective yield is (which is what the oily ones sell).

The only weakness I saw in this is that your investment isn't much more than setting some boundaries. That's not much different than what computerized trading can do, so you're basically joining a herd of automated investors - and I suspect that those can be stung just as effectively as the penny stocks would, by people who are guessing what the programmed benchmarks are.

Hey, everyone, you can relax! We're in recovery! Trust us!

Er, plus it's the GOP's fault, since they caused the sequester. GAIA DAMN THOSE FECKIN' RETHUGLICANS@!@!!ONE!

So convoluted are things now that the GOP is insisting Obama was the one who cut spending?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    So convoluted are things now that the GOP is insisting Obama was the one who cut spending?
    No, Obama claimed GOP authorship for his clever plan, thinking he could make them the villain of the piece.

Since it's you, Steve, here's the background for my subtle reference. Embedded & everything.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    That's not really legit, Bob - pennystocks are essentially hobby investments, and can be at least as lucrative as posting on eBay. Sure, there's plenty of scammers and thieves, but where aren't such people when money is available. Might not be YOUR cup of tea, but it's certainly a better online hobby than... er... others.

**IF** I had money to invest in stock outside my rigidly controlled Gov't framework or 401k, I probably wouldn't play penny stocks. Instead, there's a technique, marketed by other snake-oil sounding types, that actually works because it's nothing but several loose principles rather than a get rich quick scheme (of course, the oily types sell it as get rich quick).

As best I recall, it is simply that you find cyclic stocks, invest in them when they're close to the bottom of the cycle, and sell them before they peak. Your returns over time are tied to their cyclic duration, and I suppose there's mathematical calculations to see how high the effective yield is (which is what the oily ones sell).

The only weakness I saw in this is that your investment isn't much more than setting some boundaries. That's not much different than what computerized trading can do, so you're basically joining a herd of automated investors - and I suspect that those can be stung just as effectively as the penny stocks would, by people who are guessing what the programmed benchmarks are.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    Relevant topic is relevant.
    Cross post works here.

and better than penny stocks

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    Cross post works here.

and better than penny stocks
    True, but you first mentioned it on the other one. At first I thought Bitcoin sounded like something from a Stephenson novel, but apparently at 62.5% it now makes sense for Cypriots. As well as being where I found the "HALF!" routine video.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366

Quote Originally Posted by Fizoo View Post
    Bot 40 shares of TZA @ 37.48 about a week ago and forgot to mention. This is based on a system i run as opposed to my other trades. Up about 1% atm.
    The system that I run had me sell this position yesterday, which I did at $39.30, a gain of 4.8%. I was also supposed to go long but I didn't. It is undisciplined of me to not go long. The reason I did not is there is often seasonal weakness in the months of april and may. The system suggests a fresh market rally back to new highs tho.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366

Figures. I don't go long like I should, and the market goes to the moon. Maybe a pullback tomorrow and I'll get long.

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

BTW, did anybody invest into bitcoins? They dropped from $250 to $100 yesterday. They were at $5 or so last year, so the speculation bubble might not have been inflated in full yet.
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Fizoo View Post
    Figures. I don't go long like I should, and the market goes to the moon. Maybe a pullback tomorrow and I'll get long.
    well, at least the system works.