Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Cannot open Bnet. Mate and I have different CD keys but it says cd key in use

Hey guys,

Me and my mate have started playing Diablo 2 again after a long dry spell. I had lost my LOD key and so bought a digital copy of the LOD on the blizzard website. When I tried to log on it said 'CD key in use'. We checked all four of our cd keys, all them are completely and utterly different, not even similar. But we are using the same wifi connection and both are digital copies from the blizzard website. How can we fix this problem, we just want to get into some good D2 Mfing :/

Also, we have played on the same wifi connection before, when I used to have a physical copy of LOD.

Thanks guys

I did try asking blizzard, but after 3 days they replied saying that they are unable to help because they do not understand the request >:( I just don't want to wait another 3 days haha

IncGamers Member

Re: Cannot open Bnet. Mate and I have different CD keys but it says cd key in use

It usually says "cd key is already used by: <name>". Please make some screenshots .

IncGamers Member

Re: Cannot open Bnet. Mate and I have different CD keys but it says cd key in use

Oh yeah it does say that, I just couldn't be bothered typing it exactly Ahh it sas "cd key is already used by: JAMES" which is my mate. And when I log on first it says on his one the same but COLE. The only explanation is that we are on the same wifi. I just don't understand why this should affect it?

IncGamers Member

Looks really dumb. At first, make sure you dont run D2 from the same source somehow(shared net-drive??) and that different cd-keys were used during install.

By digital copy, you mean D2-1.12A-enUS and D2LOD-1.12A-enUS installers? You are asked for cd-keys during install, so try reinstalling d2 and double check that you've used different cd-keys.

You need 2 different Classic keys aswell. 2 Classic+ 2 LoD keys.

Peace

BattleTag LEgacy

You need legit cd keys unless you play on a private server