Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 130
  1. #11
    IncGamers Member jmervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    12,929

    Re: Board of education claims intellectual ownership of pupils' school work... ehh wh

    Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    Exactly.
    Exactly wrong, more like.
    Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    However it remains axiomatic that the majority of the population want and need masters. For the minority to get their wish - self-rule with no interference from "authority" - we would have to go against the wishes of the majority, which would be undemocra- wait. What?
    I believe the Founders underestimated the determination of Evil, such as the followers of Marx - their writings indicate that some were seduced by the lure of collectivism in the French Revolution, only to realize just how unable a self-ordered system is of maintaining itself in the face of populism or outside manipulation.

    To say nothing of exterior pressure or force. Nothing to do with your incredibly arrogant "people as lapdogs" assumption. Instead, simple survival - it isn't like African nations are <all> hotbeds of Statism, but the least centralized ones are the fastest to fall to Islamist aggression.

  2. #12
    IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tech Support! TECH SUPPORT!!
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ
    Posts
    6,990

    Re: Board of education claims intellectual ownership of pupils' school work... ehh wh

    Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    Exactly wrong, more like.
    Sort of. But no.

    I believe the Founders underestimated the determination of Evil, such as the followers of Marx - their writings indicate that some were seduced by the lure of collectivism in the French Revolution, only to realize just how unable a self-ordered system is of maintaining itself in the face of populism or outside manipulation.
    I believe that the Founders would not have equated Marxists with Agents of Lucifer.
    See what I did there? I took one of your posits and applied near-lunatic amounts of hyperbole to it. You've taught me well, sensei.


    To say nothing of exterior pressure or force.
    Placeholder - the point behind this seems valid to me.

    Nothing to do with your incredibly arrogant "people as lapdogs" assumption.
    Then we go all hyper-boll0cks again. I mention nothing about lapdogs and all the baggage assigned to that moniker. As for arrogance ... you have met human beings before, haven't you?

    Instead, simple survival - it isn't like African nations are <all> hotbeds of Statism, but the least centralized ones are the fastest to fall to Islamist aggression.
    And we are back in the Land of Rational again. My passport is quickly going to fill with stamps, what with all the travelling back and forth we do here on the forums

  3. #13
    IncGamers Member jmervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    12,929

    Re: Board of education claims intellectual ownership of pupils' school work... ehh wh

    Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    I believe that the Founders would not have equated Marxists with Agents of Lucifer.
    Where I'm confident they would have, given their known attitude towards Statism (yes, I'm well aware of the chronology).

    Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    Then we go all hyper-boll0cks again. I mention nothing about lapdogs and all the baggage assigned to that moniker.
    You asserted that the majority "want and need masters". I call counter-boll0cks. The majority want to be left in peace to their own devices; it's the much smaller segment that agitate for rule. Most of those aren't overtly stupid, but instead see THEMSELVES as those who are fit to rule everyone else, condemning the entire body politic to unnecessary strife and wasted wealth/energy.

  4. #14
    IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tech Support! TECH SUPPORT!!
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ
    Posts
    6,990

    Re: Board of education claims intellectual ownership of pupils' school work... ehh wh

    Going to have to call the second point moot. I haven't been in the US for a lot of years now, it's possible that the majority of Americans are as self-sufficient as you suggest. My experiences in the UK have possibly coloured my perceptions, to the extent where I see sheep where none actually exist.

    A core of rage has been slowly building in me over the years over Nanny State issues.

  5. #15
    IncGamers Member jmervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    12,929

    Re: Board of education claims intellectual ownership of pupils' school work... ehh wh

    Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    Going to have to call the second point moot. I haven't been in the US for a lot of years now, it's possible that the majority of Americans are as self-sufficient as you suggest.
    If they're not fully dependent upon the Motherland, then BY GOD! We'll make them be! [/sarc]

    You wonder why I despise Democrat Progressives far more than Republican ones? Because they claim to actually be empowering the very people they're arse-r@ping. I wonder if Steve will dare trot out that bullcrap about the imaginary "Southern Strategy" again? Ann Coulter's got at least two chapters about the real Democrat attitude in her latest bucket of bile.
    Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    My experiences in the UK have possibly coloured my perceptions, to the extent where I see sheep where none actually exist.
    A core of rage has been slowly building in me over the years over Nanny State issues.
    I don't doubt it. Personally I'm appalled at what I'm reading, and I only lived there in my (erstwhile) childhood. Then again, I think we're not "light years" behind you - particularly in the "Behead those who insult Islam" arena.

  6. #16
    IncGamers Member Stevinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    chicagoland
    Posts
    5,003

    Re: Board of education claims intellectual ownership of pupils' school work... ehh wh

    Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    If they're not fully dependent upon the Motherland, then BY GOD! We'll make them be! [/sarc]

    You wonder why I despise Democrat Progressives far more than Republican ones? Because they claim to actually be empowering the very people they're arse-r@ping. I wonder if Steve will dare trot out that bullcrap about the imaginary "Southern Strategy" again? Ann Coulter's got at least two chapters about the real Democrat attitude in her latest bucket of bile.
    um, what bullcrap about southern strategy? I'm not sure what conversation you're referring to. I don't think I've ever accused the GOP of appealling to racism. I get on about their positions on religious issues, but I've never said boo about racism.

    BTW, the southern strategy wasn't imaginary, it was just a dumb move that the GOP shouldn't have done. Here's a link of the GOP apologizing for it. I'm not sure why they'd apologize if it wasn't real.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...071302342.html

    And stop buying ann coulters books, you're just encouraging her.

    But again, as long as they support the colorblind society I think we're still aligned (I'm anti-affirmative action). When I vote for the GOP, it's not because of racial issues. I also can't think of a time I didn't vote for a GOP candidate because of racial issues. I suppose the closest one would have been avoiding Oberweis because of things he said regarding Mexicans in Aurora, but I had other issues with him that stem from local politics you all don't care about. Besides, I'm not entirely sure he wasn't saying what he thought everyone there wanted to hear.

  7. #17
    IncGamers Member jmervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    12,929

    Re: Board of education claims intellectual ownership of pupils' school work... ehh wh

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    um, what bullcrap about southern strategy? I'm not sure what conversation you're referring to. I don't think I've ever accused the GOP of appealling to racism. I get on about their positions on religious issues, but I've never said boo about racism.
    Maybe I confused you with Techno? An easy mistake to make, trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    BTW, the southern strategy wasn't imaginary, it was just a dumb move that the GOP shouldn't have done. Here's a link of the GOP apologizing for it. I'm not sure why they'd apologize if it wasn't real.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...071302342.html
    First, as cretinous as I consider Mehlman to be, he didn't say anything about a "Southern Strategy" nor anything beyond 'some Republicans didn't reach out'. If you don't get why someone would grovel for ethnic votes from a racist organization, then you're not a true Democrat.

    Second, even if the GOP <DID> suddenly decide to shut its trap in hopes of scooping up some disaffected Democrat racists, it certainly doesn't quantify the wholesale lie told by the Left about the GOP being the party of racism, "Bull" Connor, and all the rest. The Democrat Party was the traditional party of racism, IS the current party of racism, and will likely always BE the party of racism as long as it exists. The GOP, for all their iniquity, are the party that doesn't care what color your skin is as long as you have cash and can have your labor exploited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    And stop buying ann coulters books, you're just encouraging her.
    I like Ann. She's hilariously pro-queer, and it ties the fascist Left into knots because they're really quite anti-queer.

    Even more amusingly, she crossed swords with a comedian named Joe DeRosa on RedEye a couple of nights back - DeRosa is a mild leftist, of Lebanese heritage, and an ardent Atheist - you'd like him. Well, DeRosa said that the religious assertions by Ray Lewis are a sham, and Coulter contended that they're sincere. It devolved into DeRosa claiming that honoring the moral positivism of Christianity in a formal setting like a court is no different from claiming "the Devil made me do it". Coulter asked why someone can't claim that "the Devil made me do it", and DeRosa was disdainful - he asked if she thought that constituted a valid defense. She said something to the effect of "Sure: Satanic motivation. Guilty as charged. Execution. NEXT!"

    Found it. Starts about 14:25 - I think they "catch" her about her allies in the queer Republican ranks as well.





    DeRosa was flabbergasted, and stuttered things about reality and thinking this was a news show. That's why I like her.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    But again, as long as they support the colorblind society I think we're still aligned (I'm anti-affirmative action).
    We differ again. I'm not anti-affirmative action, nor am I allowed to be, but I definitely realize that things have gone so far as to be counter-productive. When I hear talk about how admitting women to the military will neither degrade the force nor will be supported by quotas and the whole shebang, I want to beat someone's head in.

    Here's a far better discussion of it than I could ever provide. Colonel West is DA MAN! Well, not really, because the Socialist Democrats are the Establishment, but he <should be> DA MAN!

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    When I vote for the GOP, it's not because of racial issues. I also can't think of a time I didn't vote for a GOP candidate because of racial issues.
    You kidder. You've NEVER voted for the GOP.

  8. #18

    Re: Board of education claims intellectual ownership of pupils' school work... ehh wh

    Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    I love the smug way you ignore that people like <me> are what allow people like <you> to even exist.
    You must be very limber to fellate yourself like that, but you should really do it in private.

    pretending as you do that anarchy is a viable system is, well, nothing short of stupid.
    Your argument is underwhelming. If you want to debate the merits of anarchy, let's start with the basics: who have you read on the subject and how much?

    I'm pretty much done with the "I've thought about this issue for at least 30 seconds now, so I can confidently say that I believe [insert inane statement here]" crowd, but you're a politically savvy guy and you seem to read a lot, so I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you've studied up.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    51

    Re: Board of education claims intellectual ownership of pupils' school work... ehh wh

    Leave it to jmerv to ruin a nice topic.Saro's points stands true, no need to attack his person by calling him anarchist, he's just the messenger here. Take taxes as an easy example. Either you pay taxes and are part of society, getting all the benefits, or you get the H*** out. If not, "we'll" come after you, and probably put you to prison, take away your home, really make your life insufferable, and only because you didn't want to give us your money, so you could get the benefits.Now if it was only a couple of countries, but it's like this everywhere in the world. You can't go nowhere without someone claiming to be your leader, no matter your opinion. Using arguments as the majority decides. Yes majority decides is better than a dictatorship, but what would be the very best is if we all could get what we want, no one deciding over us.Now please forgive me for not further explaining any details as I'm sure the lack of imagination of any counter opinion will rise, such as "it's impossible for everyone to get what they want", or "sure I get what I want, I beat you up", missing the essential part of not fulfilling the premise of EVERYONE getting what they want.The funny thing is that stuff like intellectual property only exists, because there's enough power behind supporting it. If a group, such as a country, with power beyond that of any realistic opposition, decided not to respect the intellectual property of John Doe, no mysterious force of nature would act upon this. There wouldn't suddenly be people suffering all over the world. Heck Mr. Doe wouldn't even have a way of noticing it without being informed by someone.

  10. #20

    Re: Board of education claims intellectual ownership of pupils' school work... ehh wh

    Quote Originally Posted by KrimLjubljana View Post
    Saro's points stands true, no need to attack his person by calling him anarchist
    Jmerv might consider "anarchist" a pejorative term, but I certainly don't; I am an anarchist.

    Yes majority decides is better than a dictatorship
    Ahhh, but is it? Is having multiple masters who whip you better than having only one? Hans-Herman Hoppe has some interesting thoughts in this area.

    The American colonies revolted over what we would today consider relatively minor tax burdens. Now 50%+ of our income is stolen by leviathan and the elites still debate how they might possibly squeeze more out of us at every turn. What did we get out of the deal? Well, they let us pretend that our wishes are important by allowing us to cast a meaningless ballot every couple years. God bless democracy: pacifying the tax cattle.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •