Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

Board of education claims intellectual ownership of pupils' school work... ehh what??

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...5ee_print.html

What if a pupil adds a note "This is my personal intellectual property" to his essay? Is it rated as F then?

What the hell is going on there? Perhaps they should take the step in full and declare children as state property .
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

BattleTag nurman-2854

Re: Board of education claims intellectual ownership of pupils' school work... ehh wh

America, land of the free.

IncGamers Member

Re: Board of education claims intellectual ownership of pupils' school work... ehh wh

Oh krischan, children are state property.

When someone believes ridiculous, nonsensical things like "ideas are property", there's no end to the bull**** they can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by stillman View Post
    Deserves to be seen twice. Gather round, children, and bask in the glory that is the state.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by stillman View Post
    Yeap! My wife has to get CPS involved all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by SaroDarksbane View Post
    Gather round, children, and bask in the glory that is the state.
    Meh... not funny IMO because it's too unidirectional. Allegiance to the U.S. & Constitution <> allegiance to party, partisan ideology, or corporate/personal entities, and I'm feckin' sick and tired of the Obama "we're not exceptional" diatribe.

We ARE exceptional, even though we're desperately blasting away at what made us so. Anyone who doesn't believe that should live in (not just visit) a couple of 3rd-world shytepits and even some other 1st-world ones.

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    Meh... not funny IMO because it's too unidirectional. Allegiance to the U.S. & Constitution <> allegiance to party, partisan ideology, or corporate/personal entities
    Yes, yes. You can choose any master you wish, just so long as you never question whether or not you need a master at all.

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Yes, yes. You can choose any master you wish, just so long as you never question whether or not you need a master at all.
    Exactly.

However it remains axiomatic that the majority of the population want and need masters. For the minority to get their wish - self-rule with no interference from "authority" - we would have to go against the wishes of the majority, which would be undemocra- wait. What?

Allegiance <> subservience, and I love the smug way you ignore that people like <me> are what allow people like <you> to even exist. Even if you are a survival expert, you would be jailed & executed <IF NOT FOR> the Constitution; pretending as you do that anarchy is a viable system is, well, nothing short of stupid. Stupid because believing that "safety in numbers" will somehow safeguard liberty has been disproved repeatedly. Even America the isolated can't ignore the outside world, and we were involved in numerous wars because we recognized that fact - not because we're Statist meddlers.

That's why I can't consider myself a "true" Libertarian like you - there's too many nutbags that learned nothing from the Articles of Confederation and other experiments in anarchy. Open borders, (unnatural) monopolies, no national defense, the supremacy of self-ordering systems, abuse of common goods, the belief that a lack of offense will not invite aggression... heck, there's so many things to laugh at you for that I can't begin to name them all.