Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Paragon Leveling; which is faster?

Hey guys,

Hey guys,

which may help level faster; leveling smaller levels and fighting faster or leveling higher levels working at the biggest levels u can but slower? anyone have any experience? advice? i'm at 47 now and just want to get to 100 as fast as possible. not to worried about GF or MF.

thanks
    ajita

btw, this post is also in Wizard forum.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag grogs-1154

Re: Paragon Leveling; which is faster?

At the moment the quickest way to level is Act 3, MP0, Arreat Crater 2, depths 2, Rakkis, rinse and repeat. Come 1.07 this could change depending on your dps.

BattleTag mordell-1747

What grogs said, but other good areas in act 3 are: tower of the damned level 1, Stonefort (there are some sparse areas, but the dense areas are very dense), Skycrown (good for getting initial 5 stacks), the battlefield area.

IncGamers Member

thanks guys,

MP0 & MP1 eh? who'da thunk.

appreciate,
    ajita

What Grogs said is the best exp/hour. However, you need to run really fast and not bother with tomes/gems/rares, only with run as fast as possible. If you are picking stuff, you should include some areas snicker snack mentioned and have some drops to make up for running slower.

On 1.0.6., it's better to go MP0. On 1.0.7. rumor has you can go with higher MP.

Imo, we (the ones looking for XP + drops) will end up with modified alkaizer runs, MP2-3. Since they're changing only the bonus XP for MP, not the base XP, probably the route mentioned by grogs at the highest MP possible without hurting kill speed will be the best one.

Basically, it boils down to check how much XP you got in a couple runs, estimate the XP/hour and do the same for the next MP. It would be highly dependant on gear, but it's hard to run fast enough abouve MP2, even with top gear (iirc, moldran do MF runs at MP2 with his barb on twitch).

BattleTag mordell-1747

Quote Originally Posted by BaronScarpia View Post
    If you are picking stuff, you should include some areas snicker snack mentioned and have some drops to make up for running slower.
    Yeah, I pick up rares. I got my good gloves that way, so I'm sticking with it.

Even if you aren't picking items, I think Tower I is good. It's quick and you get 2 to 3 elites. It's best to do it early in a run, so I do it right after Core of Arreat. It's not the most XP efficient, but you get some stacks fast.

OP: Also, In 1.0.6, just do MP0 unless you can 1-hit mobs on MP1/2. I could maybe 1-hit almost everything on MP1, so I may switch to that soon (if the drops allow it).

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag sithlore-1558

My opinion is as follows (for 1.06)

For XP & legendaries only - Run MP0.
    For gear - Run MP1 (as all rares can roll lvl 63 stats)
    If you also include a Key Warden in the run, consider MP 2-3.
    MP's higher than MP3 are pointless from an efficiency factor.

BattleTag mordell-1747

Quote Originally Posted by scwormy View Post
    For gear - Run MP1 (as all rares can roll lvl 63 stats)
    This is not needed for acts 3 and 4. MP0 Act 3 rares can roll lvl 63 stats.

If you also include a Key Warden in the run, consider MP 2-3.
    MP's higher than MP3 are pointless from an efficiency factor.
    I disagree with this. In my experience, if your damage/survival is high enough, the speedier runs afforded by lower MP aren't enough to make up for the reduced chance of getting a key. I do key runs on MP 4, and at that level, I don't die very much and I clear areas pretty quick. Most elite packs are dead in under 15 seconds.

This probably also depends on build quite a bit.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag sithlore-1558

Quote Originally Posted by SnickerSnack View Post
    This is not needed for acts 3 and 4. MP0 Act 3 rares can roll lvl 63 stats.
    Are you sure about this?

My understanding was as follows.
    For MP0 - whatever the base level of the item was, is the max stats that it could roll. ie - if you get an ilvl 61 item, it would roll max ilvl 61 stats.
    The only time ilvl 63 stats would be rolled is if it was a ilvl 63 item.

For MP1+ (in inferno), no matter what the ilvl of the item, the stats rolled would be using ilvl 63 max values.
    (That does not mean it will roll ilvl 63, but that it CAN roll ilvl 63.)

----------------

As far as my keywarden comment, it wasn't meaning if you were doing keywarden runs.
    It was only if you were including the keywarden in your run.

But yes, I do agree that it depends on your build and killing efficiency.
    I don't have the best gear. My characters are above average, but definitely not extremely strong.
    I can do MP4 easily (with minimal deaths (1 in 5 runs), but for me, MP2 is the most efficient).
    My rule of thumb (for my WD's build) is my MP level is depended on my DPS. Every 25k, I increase the MP level by 1.

If you're doing only keywarden runs, then you take the number of runs * MP# and whatever gives you the highest number is the MP that you should use.

ie - 6 runs on MP1 (10%) = .6 per hour
    5 runs on MP2 (20%) = 1 per hour
    4.3 runs on MP3 (30%) = 1.29 per hour
    3.8 runs on MP4 (40%) = 1.52 per hour
    2.7 runs on MP5 (50%) = 1.35 per hour.

Therefore MP4 would be the most efficient for key running.

BattleTag mordell-1747

Are you sure about this?

My understanding was as follows.
    For MP0 - whatever the base level of the item was, is the max stats that it could roll. ie - if you get an ilvl 61 item, it would roll max ilvl 61 stats.
    The only time ilvl 63 stats would be rolled is if it was a ilvl 63 item.

For MP1+ (in inferno), no matter what the ilvl of the item, the stats rolled would be using ilvl 63 max values.
    (That does not mean it will roll ilvl 63, but that it CAN roll ilvl 63.)

Yes, I'm sure. The affixes an item can roll are no longer tied to the item level, but instead are based on the level of the monster that dropped it. In Act3/4, all monsters are level 63. This was introduced in patch 1.0.5. From the patch notes:

Affixes on items will now roll their level based on the level of the monster killed rather than the item's level (this applies to all items including random affixes on Legendary and set items)
    I do have to wonder if this helps or hurts new players trying to get to level 60, though.

As far as my keywarden comment, it wasn't meaning if you were doing keywarden runs.
    It was only if you were including the keywarden in your run.

But yes, I do agree that it depends on your build and killing efficiency.
    I don't have the best gear. My characters are above average, but definitely not extremely strong.
    I can do MP4 easily (with minimal deaths (1 in 5 runs), but for me, MP2 is the most efficient).
    My rule of thumb (for my WD's build) is my MP level is depended on my DPS. Every 25k, I increase the MP level by 1.

If you're doing only keywarden runs, then you take the number of runs * MP# and whatever gives you the highest number is the MP that you should use.

ie - 6 runs on MP1 (10%) = .6 per hour
    5 runs on MP2 (20%) = 1 per hour
    4.3 runs on MP3 (30%) = 1.29 per hour
    3.8 runs on MP4 (40%) = 1.52 per hour
    2.7 runs on MP5 (50%) = 1.35 per hour.

Therefore MP4 would be the most efficient for key running.
    Then I have to agree with what you said about including the keywarden in runs. I misunderstood your post.

I haven't done careful timing, but I think MP4 is best for my barbarian when doing key runs. But, if I can get more DPS and survivability, then MP5 might be better. Right now, my damage is high enough that MP5 might be fine, but I die too easily at MP5. I assume the runs per hour in your calculations are for your WD? If your DPS was higher, then it would change all of the numbers.