Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

FB/FO Sorc advice

I am playing a Fireball/Frozen Orb Sorceress in normal. I have noticed that frozen orb, with only a few points, is way more powerful than the fireball that I have been investing in all game. Is it even worth it to invest more points in fireball? Or should I just keep putting points in Frozen orb?

Fireball just seems too weak compared to frozen orb. In nightmare that would be even worse. Mana regeneration is no longer a problem. I can more or less keep casting frozen orb. I have already respeced on normal, if I respec for nightmare, what would you suggest, given that I want to keep frozen orb.

Re: FB/FO Sorc advice

With FO+Mastery already maxed, I'd then max Meteor/Fire Mastery for ~2,7k Firedmg, and ~700 firedmg/sec. Spending only 45 points.

Then you could either go for FO synergy, or survivability. ES/Tele/a Frost armor.

I did that early ladder and it worked well through Hell aswell.

Peace

U know u will encounter monsters that will be Frost Immune in Hell btw? Think u will be able to kill 75% of all mobs with Frost only, If u also grab fire as Archone suggest u will only encounter some combined Fire+cold immunes that your merc should kill.

IncGamers Member

What about warmth? Do you put any points in it? I have a lot of points in it now and it helps a lot.

1 will do and a merc with Insight runeword. U will need the remaining points for more powerfull harmfull spells.
    try:
    http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Guide:...1.10,_by_Sasja

IncGamers Member

Thank you.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366

I typically make orb/firewall sorcs for questing because firewall dmg ramps up much faster. Once you are very high level, fireball does good dmg.If you are actually going to use fireball, meteor, for hydra for questing, its probably more effective to skimp on orb+cold mastery and boost your fire dmg spell first. I think i calculated out that a good spot would be stop pumping orb at 13 points, and just 1 point cm.

45 points into the cold tree will do more dmg then 45 points in the Fire tree.

a 200-300 dmg FO does more dmg then a 2,7k Meteor for example. And monsters in Hell has naturally higher Fire resistance in average then Cold resistance.

Therefor are FO a base skill, and Meteor backs it up.

Peace