Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BattleTag Flexy-2748

Re: Wizard 1.07 builds

Quote Originally Posted by Tombat View Post
    The bug fix for blizzard and APOC is a great improvement. not to talk about its damage boost.

But regarding the proc buff, do you think going from 0.01 to 0.0125 will be noticiable?

Edit: what is the meteor proc rate compared to 0.0125 form new blizzard? (sorry but all info i found is related to % so not sure how to compare myself). If it is at equal level of proc rate I see the rocknado build will be overtaken by the new "blizznado".
    Well, increased procs are always good. We'll see how much better they truly are. But 12,5% instead of 10% sounds like much in a game like D3. Especially since it'S getting supported by the APoC fix.

Meteor procrates:

• Runeless – .0125
    • Molten Impact – .0125
    • Star Impact – .0106
    • Meteor Shower – .005
    • Comet – .0125
    • Liquefy – .0106

Blizzard: Stark Winter
    Shock Armor: Thunder Storm
    Hydra: Venom Hydra
    Teleport: Fracture
    Illusionist + Cold Blooded

Very nice damage for being able to kite around and do nothing else. Then you add in the scoundrel with a windforce proc knockback endlessly. High life regen gear puts the icing on the cake.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tombatossals-2797

Tested blizzard and I am disapointed. I keep sticking to meteor, both better proc rate and damage (although in theory blizz should do more damge, it does not, may be due to the restriction in no stacking several casts, and its lacking of initial damage in impact).

The test with all with the last rune, more blizz duration, havent got time to check more runes.

BattleTag Flexy-2748

You really only want to use the "Stark Winter" rune for covering more ground.
    You can deal damage/slow everything on the screen with it, if you click fast enough and place them right.

IncGamers Member

Ill check it. However were I usually farm are narrow corridors and guess there is no need to cover wide area. Anyawy ill give a try.

I play CM wizz, use meteor as secondary atack, there is no need to slow thing down since are all frozen already, I was just looking for another ranged atack dealing more damage and at least the same proc rate, and blizz does not matches this.

Btw, farming exp in MP10 publics is great. Which will be the new desired MP for exp farming?

Tomb

BattleTag Greer-1174

Quote Originally Posted by Tombat View Post
    Ill check it. However were I usually farm are narrow corridors and guess there is no need to cover wide area. Anyawy ill give a try.

I play CM wizz, use meteor as secondary atack, there is no need to slow thing down since are all frozen already, I was just looking for another ranged atack dealing more damage and at least the same proc rate, and blizz does not matches this.

Btw, farming exp in MP10 publics is great. Which will be the new desired MP for exp farming?

Tomb
    I'm playing with blizz and it seems to miss a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by RazeBarb View Post
    Well, increased procs are always good. We'll see how much better they truly are. But 12,5% instead of 10% sounds like much in a game like D3. Especially since it'S getting supported by the APoC fix.

Meteor procrates:

• Runeless – .0125
    • Molten Impact – .0125
    • Star Impact – .0106
    • Meteor Shower – .005
    • Comet – .0125
    • Liquefy – .0106
    Blizzard's co-efficient went up to 1.25% from 1%, not up to 12.5% from 10%. Also, Meteor's coefficients are all a decimal place higher than what you posted (.125 instead of .0125, .106 instead of .0106, etc.), but outside of that they're accurate. A proc rate of 1 is equal to 100%, a proc rate of .1 is 10% and a rate of .01 is 1%.

Speaking of co-efficients, Fire Bolts now seems to have a fantastic combination of proc rate (.8) and damage. I feel like its main problem is with its targeting logic (or lack thereof) and general inefficiency outside of extremely close combat in an open area, but the new numbers look pretty strong on paper. Has anybody tried it out?
    Last edited by Kanji; 14-02-2013 at 19:20. Reason: typos, clarity

BattleTag Flexy-2748

Quote Originally Posted by Kanji View Post
    Has anybody tried it out?
    Yes, I tried firebolts yesterday and didn't like them because of the exact problems you listed.
    Instead of a signature spell, I'm using Frost Beam with the rune that makes it cost 10AP instead of 16AP. Together with my current AP regeneration, I can cast it almost infinitely. That's 215% dmg + slowing. As soon as my APOC gets higher, I'll swap to the 280% dmg rune.

IncGamers Member

Yes, I tried firebolts yesterday and didn't like them because of the exact problems you listed.
    Instead of a signature spell, I'm using Frost Beam with the rune that makes it cost 10AP instead of 16AP. Together with my current AP regeneration, I can cast it almost infinitely. That's 215% dmg + slowing. As soon as my APOC gets higher, I'll swap to the 280% dmg rune.
    Good to know! As CM wizzard im very close of targets, dont think Ill miss many hits. However well see if it crits and procs as much as wicked wind, specially note against single moster. If you can replace WW for Bolts, you do not need that much APoC to make CM work, which means you can buy a cheaper Chant source that deals more damage.
    Another issue is also that bolts itself deals less damage than WW, has to be tested its impact in the efficiency of the build.

You really only want to use the "Stark Winter" rune for covering more ground.
    You can deal damage/slow everything on the screen with it, if you click fast enough and place them right.
    Start winter is the best rune for blizzard because it has the biggest aoe.