Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    IncGamers Member

Re: PTR Patch 1.07 updated today 1/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan E View Post
    Plus, my entire point in my original post was that even if the retail price-to-finite content ratio is lacking, in your opinion, they're still patching stuff in which expands the finite content, improving the ratio over time.
    if? my opinion? oh, but it's not a matter of speculation or opinion as to whether or not content is lacking. blizz already pleaded guilty:
    Spoiler
    lulz..i like Vaneras. i think he's the new bashiok. i loved that bit about medicore and rushed content and the part about "we were not aware" brought tears (of laughter) to my eyes. apparently, you players did nothing to make blizz aware legendaries were crap or any other issue or concern during pre-release or beta. shameful. also, as far as patches actually improving the ratio. now, that is a matter of opinion and good luck with that miracle carrot.
    Eh, it was $60 for AT LEAST the amount of hours it takes you to clear all four difficulties, and that's assuming that you don't want to play any other classes. I'm not saying it's the greatest value ever (FTL at $5 probably provides as much bang for each dollar), but it's certainly past that $1/hr mark unless you really, really hate the content that does exist, which is pretty okay for me.
    again, no thank you. it's great you think a poorly crafted game has value, but surely you understand why most people probably wouldn't be as convinced of the quality as you seem to be of any product in which the manufactuer itself openly admits it isn't up to par.
    When I buy an appliance (like a blender) that breaks soon after purchase, I just make a note not to buy blenders / appliances from the same manufacturer again, I don't go on the manufacturer's website or appliance fan forums (do those exist? probably) and make my displeasure known, because I'm too busy enjoying my new blender. (This is assuming I actually use blenders -- in reality I'm not sure I've ever used a blender, but that's a separate point. Maybe I should've used toasters instead.)
    again, that's great, but neither case is somehow more admirable than the other whether one complains or not. OTOH, not buying obviously shoddy products in the first place is a start.

IncGamers Member

Oh come on, you know as well as I do that, the sake of argument aside, whether or not content is lacking is purely subjective. Blizzard also probably says that Diablo is "fun" somewhere but that's as much in the eye of the beholder as anything else. I'm not trying to defend Blizzard - they don't pay me and I don't hold any ATVI stock - so that's pretty moot; I'm just saying that I find the content relatively sufficient for especially what I paid for it.

Anyway, beyond that it's really just a dialectical disagreement - I think it has value, you think that it has considerably less than I do, if any at all. That's fine with me. My original point was just that I like that they're adding things that add some more carrots and longevity to the game. Are the carrots probably going to run out eventually? Sure, maybe even sooner rather than later. Should they have put in a better carrot-oriented system to begin with? No arguments from me. But I think it has value nonetheless -- the perfect isn't the enemy of the entertaining in my eyes -- hence why I keep playing it, and why I appreciate that they're adding in some more carrots to chase.

IncGamers Member

Is there any guestimate on when this patch goes live on the normal servers? Or does anyone know how long stuff typically stays up on the PTRs? I vaguely feel like playing around with this game again for a bit, but it looks like they're changing so many monk abilities I don't really want to start one now and have everything change up on me suddenly.

IncGamers Member

StarCraft 2 : Heart of the Swarm releases on March 12

so my guess is if we don't see patch 1.07 by Feb 19 then we won't see it till May 14

Stop playing, wait for more carrots, start playing, eat carrots, stop playing.
    Yeah , it should have been released with way more carrots . I'm a massive fan of the series and played for many years and don't regret a single minute .
    D3 is different , I have'nt logged in for over a month now and these new carrots that are about to be released just are'nt juicy enough for me to come back . I feel the only way I will play again now is the expansion , which "fingers crossed" fixes the game , at least a little .

Sad really ......

BattleTag Greer-1174

Oh come on, you know as well as I do that, the sake of argument aside, whether or not content is lacking is purely subjective. Blizzard also probably says that Diablo is "fun" somewhere but that's as much in the eye of the beholder as anything else. I'm not trying to defend Blizzard - they don't pay me and I don't hold any ATVI stock - so that's pretty moot; I'm just saying that I find the content relatively sufficient for especially what I paid for it...
    I'm up over 800 hours now, almost all wizarding, and I think the content is fine -- and $60 is basically dinner for two, so in terms of value for money I'm more than fine with it.

What I like about D3, and what Blizz never fixed in D2, is that with the MP patch and 1.07 most or all of the game should be worth playing at higher levels/gear. In D2, at a certain point, there were only a few areas worth bothering with. I.e., you could never get significant experience outside Baal's throne room, and only bosses were reliable for good drops. I felt like I paid for a whole game and could only really use 5% of it.

The 1.07 changes look very good, IMHO. The only enhancements I don't see that I would want are increased monster density in Act 4 and an identify-all feature for rares.

Am i the only one who feels they upped monster density in act 2? It feels higher than it used to be in 1,0,6.