Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: PTR Patch 1.07 updated today 1/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Azzure View Post
    Sorry but this patch, and the new crafting recipes are exactly why this game failed so bad in the first place.

They simply do not learn from their mistakes.

If these new recipes don't fail as miserably as the current crafting system I will sell my first born son.
    Actually, this patch will temporarily address one of my bigger issues with the game, which is that you kind of run out of stuff to do after a while. As I'm playing self-found, a lot of the crafted items will be upgrades due to the mainstat roll, so giving me a set of recipes to collect that will give me a gear upgrade with high likelihood, makes a lot of sense. I also appreciate the increase to jeweler design drop rates -- I've found just 2 in my entire time playing, but stonewalling me from upgrading gems less is another way I can have more to do, or at least more goals to chase.

In order to really address some of the core stuff they'd have to re-do the game, as everyone is aware, so the best a patch can do is add some more carrots to run after. Obviously, if you don't like the experience, you're not going to like the carrots either, but that's okay. I keep hoping that they'll just re-use existing assets to make an endless dungeon with some kind of twist, but 1.0.7 will at least give me something slightly less random to chase while I wait for something like that to be added.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by windstriker View Post
    I kinda liked that they were everywhere, looked fun. Will see how this changes things

I wonder how the reflect dmg change will affect dmg over time, I guess not at all? Perhaps I wont instant kill my monk with a Skorn-crit at least, which should mean I'm safe against reflect dmg :P

And it's very unlikely this will make me do any sort of crafting...
    Uh that won't change a thing I think.. Reflect damage is always 10% of the damage dealt.. So the only reason you would hit the "cap" now is if you overshoot your target: only the final hit when you kill a monster this cap will have effect.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan E View Post
    In order to really address some of the core stuff they'd have to re-do the game, as everyone is aware, so the best a patch can do is add some more carrots to run after.
    what happens when the carrots run out? it's not like d3 players are paying a subscription.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr punk View Post
    what happens when the carrots run out? it's not like d3 players are paying a subscription.
    Stop playing, wait for more carrots, start playing, eat carrots, stop playing. Precisely why you're not paying a subscription is exactly why it's okay to stop playing and for content to be finite. I mean, the game is still there and meant to be replayed so it's not like you beat story mode and you're done, but the game definitely gets considerably less rewarding over time. The more I've played, the less I've played per session / per week, but that's pretty normal.

IncGamers Member

Stop playing, wait for more carrots, start playing, eat carrots, stop playing. Precisely why you're not paying a subscription is exactly why it's okay to stop playing and for content to be finite.
    yes, content is finite, but full price waiting for incomplete content to be finished? no thanks.

IncGamers Member

Stop playing, wait for more carrots, start playing, eat carrots, stop playing. Precisely why you're not paying a subscription is exactly why it's okay to stop playing and for content to be finite. I mean, the game is still there and meant to be replayed so it's not like you beat story mode and you're done, but the game definitely gets considerably less rewarding over time. The more I've played, the less I've played per session / per week, but that's pretty normal.
    With the 600 hours I played I still think this is a very high priced product.

Sorry but I won't pay 0.2,- for hourly "Below average" spare time. (And yes those things are below average, good spare time is when you do things with friends see each other in real life and make memorable stories which you talk about years later).

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr punk View Post
    yes, content is finite, but full price waiting for incomplete content to be finished? no thanks.
    Eh, it was $60 for AT LEAST the amount of hours it takes you to clear all four difficulties, and that's assuming that you don't want to play any other classes. I'm not saying it's the greatest value ever (FTL at $5 probably provides as much bang for each dollar), but it's certainly past that $1/hr mark unless you really, really hate the content that does exist, which is pretty okay for me. Plus, my entire point in my original post was that even if the retail price-to-finite content ratio is lacking, in your opinion, they're still patching stuff in which expands the finite content, improving the ratio over time.

As always, if people (not you specifically) want to be salty about "not getting their money's worth," and carry on about it endlessly, that's their prerogative, though it's pretty tired and passe at this point. The rest of us will just continue doing stuff we like and not doing stuff we don't. When I buy an appliance (like a blender) that breaks soon after purchase, I just make a note not to buy blenders / appliances from the same manufacturer again, I don't go on the manufacturer's website or appliance fan forums (do those exist? probably) and make my displeasure known, because I'm too busy enjoying my new blender. (This is assuming I actually use blenders -- in reality I'm not sure I've ever used a blender, but that's a separate point. Maybe I should've used toasters instead.)

IncGamers Member

I don't go on the manufacturer's website
    And good citizenship (In the form of our government) promotes such an activity, to keep companies in check.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azzure View Post
    Sorry but this patch, and the new crafting recipes are exactly why this game failed so bad in the first place.

They simply do not learn from their mistakes.

If these new recipes don't fail as miserably as the current crafting system I will sell my first born son.
    do you really think they have not gotten enough feedback at this point to realize that ?
    i mean they even nerfed the demonic essence droprates- you were never intended to get useful items with crafting at a reasonable pace or with special affixes. they just replaced the rotten carrot on the stick with a bigger rotten carrot.

they don't have any intention to please the demographic that loved d2:lod anymore. they just to want leech more money out of the economy - and more time out of the gullible.

BattleTag Ignatius-1870

When I buy an appliance (like a blender) that breaks soon after purchase, I just make a note not to buy blenders / appliances from the same manufacturer again, I don't go on the manufacturer's website or appliance fan forums (do those exist? probably) and make my displeasure known, because I'm too busy enjoying my new blender. (This is assuming I actually use blenders -- in reality I'm not sure I've ever used a blender, but that's a separate point. Maybe I should've used toasters instead.)
    Made me think of this. :P

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2C54W4I5AUNVS
    Last edited by TheDestructor; 31-01-2013 at 16:42.