Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Smashy-1409

Re: Do you Think the D3 Expansion Will "Fix" Diablo 3?

Quote Originally Posted by stillman View Post
    It appears they put a zillion man hours into the story, so having an option to ignore it all would be like losing a loved one to them, like euthanising a pet (or admitting defeat?) Of course, you already know this...oh, why do I post these things?
    The "zillion" man hours invested in the story was obviously a big waste looking at what came out, it's incredibly predictable and bored me not even halfway through normal.

IncGamers Member

^Yeah I thought that too but maybe we were just simpletons who have no culture and we arent as well-developed as their internal testers. Do you remember this Q&A?

merc1024: About the dialogue and story. You brought in some nice talent to do the voices for the game (some examples being Jennifer Hale as Leah, Steve Blum as Zoltun Kulle, and my favorite, Claudia Black as Cydaea). However some of the lines of dialogue in the game just made me cringe. I mean Belial isn’t a great liar, Azmodan is constantly telling me what he’s doing, and "I AM THE PRIME EVILLLLL!" I know at Blizzard, gameplay always comes first which is great and I think you did a fantastic job, but that doesn’t mean story isn’t important; So uhh… no offense intended, but really, what happened? Did your QA team not say anything or what

Jay Wilson: Agree to disagree? We get lots of compliments on the story and dialogue.It's a hard area to make everyone happy, and a lot of things we do to make goals obvious for some players make them feel over-stated to others. We never tried to make War and Peace, just a decent pulpy story about heroes fighting demons.

WhoaFoogles: The story of Diablo 3 has received a lot of criticism for both its actual content and writing and for its presentation (e.g. intrusive cutscenes and linear "on rails" progression). I love the game, but must admit some heavy disappointment when it came to furthering and enriching the lore of the Diablo universe.
    What lessons have you learned from the backlash that you plan to apply to D3's expansions or further games in the franchise (or even other Blizzard titles)?

Jay Wilson: We answered this question in other threads, but the recap is: we disagree and have gotten mostly great feedback on the story.
    So... there we go... the feedback on the story was great...

The biggest disappointment in TV history "easter egged" in Video Game's biggest disappointment ever. Which movie flop will have Diablo 3 easter egged in it?

BattleTag Ignatius-1870

Jay Wilson: We answered this question in other threads, but the recap is: we disagree and have gotten mostly great feedback on the story.
    Jay asked his grandma if she liked it and if she could understand it, of course.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestructor View Post
    Jay asked his grandma if she liked it and if she could understand it, of course.
    than she pinched him in the cheek and said

which is the equivalent to "cool story bro" which basically means i couldn't give less of a **** even if i could be bothered to listen to the entirety of this BS.

though JW didn't get the memo and would have probably taken "cool story bro" as an compliment too.

to be fair though - i think JW had nothing to do with the story.
    It wouldn't be the first time that Samwise ruined the Lore and/or replaced it in favor of Hollywood 1-liners.

though he looks like the kind of dude who would go; " I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE ~40 MILLION COPIES WORTH OF STORY I SOLD. NANANANA. besides mommy likes my stories - i know for a fact because she puts them up on the fridge.

BattleTag Ignatius-1870

Yeah, it's mostly Metzen I think, but Jay as director and if he were someone with any sense of story would have been able to say: "Um, guys, this is kind of dumb."

BattleTag nurman-2854

Would you say no to Metzen?

IncGamers Member SuggestiveName's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nurman View Post
    Would you say no to Metzen?
    Prepare your anus.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366
    I still have an off-the-wall game design for arpgs like d3 that i think is very fun.Split-screen // picture-in-picture.You can do two things with this.1. "Racing" people to complete goals / quests / acts / levels / achieves.2. Observe people playing in-game instead of relying on streams.The reason i love this idea is simply because it was fun to do it in d2. The way we did it tho was sitting in the same room next to each other. Wed create new games with fresh level 1s and see who could kill andy first, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiroptus View Post
    The way they set the game up, by the skill system, paragon and the same endgame-maxlevel-grind as WoW now in an ARPG
    Actually d2 did this first. If anything, wow took the idea from the diablo series. People were grinding endgame in d2 in 1999. Wow didnt arrive until 2004. A lot of concepts attributed to wow came right out of d2.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzure View Post
    I wonder if Blizzard now agree that having such generic stats and equally beneficial effects on itemization was a bad thing. I for one miss having awesome itemization choices from D2, like Javazons loving certain stats while bowazons loving X Y Z, and Hammerdins loving A B C. I mean talk about homogenized classes in D3. All classes feel virtually identical, with just different graphical skill effects.
    The cynic in me just said that the reason for this design was to streamline AH shopping. Just sort weapon by DPS. This encourages AH use and generates more money for Blizzard.
    Last edited by Noodle; 05-02-2013 at 00:55.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fizoo View Post
    Actually d2 did this first. If anything, wow took the idea from the diablo series. People were grinding endgame in d2 in 1999. Wow didnt arrive until 2004. A lot of concepts attributed to wow came right out of d2.
    In some way I spent more time levelling characters than I ever had a "max" level (Or something like lv 80+)...

I was always in the progress of building new chars, this complete went away with wow & d3.