Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

What to do with my gems

Not really a SP thing but since i only play SP i will post it here, and im interested in prices of these things in SP trading community.

I spent almost a full week of my gaming time (not really a lot these days) cubing grand charms with all the gems i accumulated since i started playing again. And i am kind of guy that saves even chipped ones. So its a lot of gems, and muling and cubing them is the most boring activity i have ever done in my entire life.

But i am not really satisfied with the results, the only reason i am doing this is hoping i can trade them for some decent runes and cube them to get my enigma finally. All i got were some plain skillers (or skillers with useless mods) and a couple of bow skills 40 life and those arent that popular (as far as trade price guide thread tells me). I also got one 9max/64ar/39 life charm that i would like to know real price i can sell it for. All things considered i probably spend more gems than i can get trading all of this away, not to mention a lot of time doing the most boring thing ever.

I was thinking of switching to cubing jewels, the ed/ias ones are really valuable, i have a lot of jewels saved and since they have less prefixes/suffixes i think they are easier to cube/get what you need. But most ppl that write reports on their cubing projects always cube charms so i am not that sure i got this right.

And also what are the chances that someone would actually sell their runes for gems, i presume most ppl on these forums have more gems than they know what to do with, thats why i started cubing in the first place, to have a chance to get some trades for runes since my mf isnt going that great.

Re: What to do with my gems

I don't trade but if I did, I would probably be looking for perfect small charms. Heavily duped items like 3/20/20's are actually quite a rare sight in the SPF from what I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by GooberGrape View Post
    I don't trade but if I did, I would probably be looking for perfect small charms. Heavily duped items like 3/20/20's are actually quite a rare sight in the SPF from what I understand.
    I've never had a 3/20/20, but I've got/had several very close. I would imagine there are a band of them hanging around within the SPF, but probably not many.

What to do with my gems

I traded Solar a handful of gems for a Jah last August!

I'm interested t hear what people have to say about rolling jewels. I haven't heard much, if anything about that.

If you're looking for a more reliable way to get runes for enigma then your best bet is council, high player setting clears of areas (pits, p5 for example) or even LK (up to ber). )

LK probably requires the least gear, since all you need for efficiency is faster cast rate and faster run/walk. Travincal is probably the most efficient of all the options though, and can be run with gear that I would imagine you have.

Fabian's Mini WW Barb Guide
    Cheap option for Travincal is in there too.

Perhaps you could find a market with these pgems.. If I had a couple of spare surs ohms etc I would gladly trade for a couple hundred pgems or whatever the price would be. People probably need lifers more so than HR's after infinity/enigma is completed.

IncGamers Member

Hm, i tough that 20 vita requires ilvl of 90+ now i see its only 61, but i dont really have that many small charms. And i still think that jewels are better since they have less prefixes/suffixes, increasing your chance to get the good stuff. Why is it common opinion that jewels are not that great for cubing?

Quote Originally Posted by Apostrof View Post
    Why is it common opinion that jewels are not that great for cubing?
    I think it's because there are lots of cheap substitutes for socketing (perfect topaz for MF) but no cheap substitute for a good charm.

Plus charms are universally useful across your entire account, instead of getting permanently stuck in one item forever.

Caster Amulets (random Jewel+random Amulet+Ral+Perfect Amethyst) can potentially be some of the most valuable items in the game. You could potentially (even though the odds are small) get something like +2 skills/20 fcr/all res/mf that would sell for a lot. If you decide to craft amulets make sure that the amulets you use are at least ilvl 88 (for the +2 skill prefix). All amulets gambled with a lvl 93 character are at least ilvl 88.

Other popular crafts are gloves and rings. I don't know much about glove crafting but I have tried crafting some blood rings (Perfect Ruby+random Ring+random Jewel+Sol).

The ilvl of the input amulet is not the only factor in the result. Character level also counts. The RESULT ilvl needs to be 90 or greater, and this is achieved often by having clvl 93 (gambled items have ilvl of at least 88 since 93 +4/-5 >= 88) and the formula would then go like this: 88/2 + 93/2 = 44 + 46 = 90

Thus, if you found a blue amulet from baal, you could get away with a lvl 82 character for the craft, since 82/2 + 99/2 = 41 + 49 = 90

But by far the fastest is to just use a lvl 93 for both gambling and crafting. Using gomule/ATMA to check ilvls, you COULD gamble a bunch of amulets at lvl 88, then check them, and craft only the ~10% of amulets that got ilvl 92. Requires a lot of gold though, and leveling to 93 isn't THAT painful.