Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Redemptio - The Road to Redemption [Pat Thread + Diary to Level 99]

Gear has been added, with spoilered screenshots. I'll update it when my gear changes.

I'm also planning (tonight) to add a video of a Baal run and a CS run as I've been swapping between the two.

Ok, I'll do the update now because I've got the videos ready. Anything important I'm editing into the first page, so just check that if it is more convenient.

Entry #3:

Baal runs are a lot better, telebombing helps. I've also worked out how to instantly teleport with Baal when he does so, which is great. My timing is getting better with that too. A few grailers, which is nice. Halfway to 92, so still not really on my way yet obviously, I've been running other projects though. I found a Ber in CS yesterday which was awesome!

My anxiety is awful tonight, so I didn't telebomb much or 'follow' Baal because my hands are shaking and just eugh. I'll try to upload better videos at some point. Please enjoy!

Baal Run
    Spoiler

Chaos Run
    Spoiler

Gheeds upgrade, only 1mf more, but with much better gf/price rolls than my 38mf version has.

Hey kittenmeister,

Couldn't help but noticing a few things i would do differently when watching those vids. Thought i'd mention them, see for yourself if you think they'll help you.

Baalrunning:
    - You turned up the playersetting immediately. Don't do that. Wait at least until the monsters in the throne have spawned. Personally i kill them and turn up the setting while Baal is laughing, but you can do it earlier. As long as you make sure the monsters have spawned. That way you'll clear the throne faster.
    - Positioning yourself. You stood where i'd stand with most characters, but a necro should stand on the stairs. That way you get decrep'ed, but your merc/minions won't.
    - Mostly a matter of personal preference, but i prefer decrep over amp for Baal. Upside of amp is that he takes more damage. Downside is he teleports, clones and in general is more annoying. Since i'm all for convenience i prefer decrep.

Diablo:
    - Also playersetting. Since you're only doing seals + D, fastest would be to go p1/7. Maybe i didn't see it correctly, but i thought you went p8 the whole run. If you're too lazy to switch playersetting just go with 7 all the way. That one more extra player hardly gains you any extra exp, especially once you get to higher lvls, but it does make killing everything faster (without losing any exp on killing Diablo himself).

Hope these tips are helpful.

Thanks sugarmuffin

Baal:
    Did I do it before I reached there? Not sure why I did that, usually I tele to where Baal is, amp and then do the player setting whilst the first corpse drops. Silly Kitteh!
    Positioning is definitely something I'm looking to improve. I wanted to wait until I had just got a level before I tested too much though in case I get it wrong^^ I wouldn't read too much into that video because as I said, my hands were shaking etc due to anxiety, and for the same reason I wasn't telebombing, which is how I normally do it. I no longer have any safety troubles with it, I'll try the stairs though, see which I prefer. I'm quite an offensive player.
    This is one I'm still 50/50 with. At first I used decrep, but I tried amp and found that it was quicker. I don't find the clone an issue and if you time it right, you can tele 'with' Baal. I'll stick with amp for now, but I'll likely try decrep again just to switch things up

Diablo:
    Now this is interesting, I was going to make a thread because I couldn't find information on it. I knew that there was a specific way of getting the fastest experience from Diablo runs, and I knew it was partially decided by the player setting for the seals, I just couldn't remember what it was. Thanks!

Thank you

Profiles for the souls redeemed and transformed into skeletons have been edited into the first page.

'Notable Finds' section added. If there's something you think I could add to this, then please make the suggestion!

Entry #4:

Redemptio hit 92 this morning. I haven't a great deal of play time with him this week, hence only just hitting 92 this morning, although I'm hoping to get some runs in tonight. I also need to get Travincal runs done with 'Steve' so that I can get some bits I need for a couple of pats (rare only zealot and fanavenger).

No 'notable' finds, but I've got an ilvl99 SC, a shocking large charm of life and a natural skiller, so it is better than nothing!

I've found that when I'm going for pure speed I use amplify damage on Baal still, but if I'm just doing relaxed runs whilst watching Dad's Army or whatever, then I use decrepify on Baal, for ease. Telebombing is, in my opinion, definitely the way forward. I can vaguely understand not doing it 98-99, although I've had very few issues since level 89, but telebombing is definitely quicker than just 'hanging around'. Other than that, not a great deal to add really, but I felt it was time for an update at 92.

Thanks for reading

IncGamers Member

I think people are hesitant for 98-99 because it's 3800 runs, and the minions don't give any experience, so it's super tedious.

Yes, 98-99 will definitely be a challenge to my perseverance, but I intend to overcome it. This 99er is a sort of taster to tell me if I'm up for finishing the sept.

Adding an interesting wand.