Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Re: Returning to the Roots - Mini mafia game

If you are stuck on 8 players and need the last spot filled before you can start, I'll signup. I'm unbelievably busy through the weekend. I'd essentially miss the first day phase and there is a VERY good chance I'd be modkilled. That would suck for my team.

No mafia roleblocker option? I thought these semi-open games usually have that option, whether it's a choice between rolecop/roleblocker or if the goon could sometimes be a roleblocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Goryani View Post
    If you are stuck on 8 players and need the last spot filled before you can start, I'll signup. I'm unbelievably busy through the weekend. I'd essentially miss the first day phase and there is a VERY good chance I'd be modkilled. That would suck for my team.
    I'll pencil you in, but it's still early yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Goryani View Post
    No mafia roleblocker option? I thought these semi-open games usually have that option, whether it's a choice between rolecop/roleblocker or if the goon could sometimes be a roleblocker.
    I thought that was strange too, but figure it's because only one of six options results in "Follow the cop" shenanigans, making it riskier to claim cop. (F11 had one in four). Additionally, the rolecop allows the team to fish for the doc/jailkeeper twice as fast if they think he exists, so less time is spent allowing investigations to occur.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Sure, I'll play!

But if someone else really wants to play I'll gladly give up my spot to them.

When was this planning on starting? And does it start with a day or a night?

It starts as soon as I have enough people to join. I sort of expected that to have happened by now.

Day start. Playing it by ear at the moment.

I think Phil wanted to play. Might want to send a PM to him. He's no regular here and might have missed it.

I'm in if I'm not too late!
    Edit: Thanks for the hand, Moar. Just saw this posted in the mafia stats thread.

Phil is in. I'll give the thread say... little less than two more hours to fill the last spot. If nobody else pops in, I'll slot Goryani for the last spot and give him mod-kill immunity for inactivity for the first couple RL days.

At that point, I'll randomize roles, send them out, and the game will start immediately following that. Probably won't do a 48 hour day to start; more like 40ish.

Thanks everyone for being patient!

Sweet! Thanks for the spot, CG!

All role PMs should be out. Goryani takes slot #9. Note that he has mod-kill immunity for inactivity for the weekend.

Game starts immediately!

--------------

The trees shivered; a few in delight, more in horror. The infection was worse than expected, for one had done something horrible: It had stumped the great oak.

The greatest tree of all. The most wise. The most tall. The most humble. Now it lay dead on the ground, nothing more than a stump, not even fit for sitting.

"Drat!" was all it could say.

Caluin Graye has been stumped!

---------------

With nine alive, it's five votes to lock + lynch.

Day ends in... say... 43 hours, so 3:00 PST Saturday.