Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    BattleTag kestegs-1550

Re: Returning to the Roots - Mini mafia game

Gory: I agree that or scum likely lies in solar or gwaihir.

More on that tomorrow.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Correction:

...that OUR scum lies.....

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Correction correction:

......that our scum likely lies in.....

I'm willing to take the chance of going to a 50/50 coinflip tomorrow by lynching you today Goryani. You're too try hard in this game as opposed to your normal behaviour which either means that you're a) mafia or b) frustrated because you're not taken with the level of seriousness you'd like us to take you with. It could be either one, but because honest to God (that I don't believe in) I can't find any certain telltales between the three of you, I'm leaving my vote on you.

Should you really be a VT and get lynched, we'll end up with either me or kegs, most likely me alive tomorrow with Gwaihir and Solar Ice. Then either Gwaihir or SI is the last scum, and I'm afraid they'll vote for eachother and I'm facing the situation of having to choose between the two. Again. Just like in last game. And with my luck I'll probably end up picking wrong. -.-

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Quote Originally Posted by Goryani View Post
    From my point of view, the decision is between Solar Ice and Gwaihir. I have a vote on SI but I wanted to see both SI and Gwaihir react before changing it. Now that they have, I would rather vote Gwaihir today.

@Ankeli and kestegs

If you think the decision is between SI and Gwaihir then I'll change to Gwaihir. If you think the decision is between me and someone else, I'll self vote. I CAN'T be allowed to survive the night if either of you have doubts about me.
    Could you explain the reasoning of you having to go today instead of tomorrow?

This is the problem when good players are scum, they can be very good at hiding behind what could be townie moves. While you offered reasonable responses for most, I think the case for you is better than the one for SI. The one point I don't think you explained well enough is Point two:

However, there are only two mafia yet more than two are acting scummy enough to vote for. One scummy player is townie. I'm not voting until I get a better read on which one it is.
    In the first quote, I mention there are more than 2 scummy players. In the second quote I mention there are more than 2 scummy players. The phrase "top 2" does not restrict the scummy list to only 2. Only two of the five players could be scum.
    That means three of them were town.
    This is the exact contradiction I was talking about.

BattleTag EuScL- *Solar_Fire

That would be so unbelievably scummy if either Phil flips scum or kestegs flips town. Such an action is equivalent to self sacrifice. The proper mafia action should have been to bus. If not bus, then an indecisive middle ground like Gwaihir took.
    Partially disagree. The only way that you would look unbelievably scummy is if you were unsuccessful in swinging the lynch to a Townie. Had kestegs been lynched like you wanted we would still be in the dark relative to Today. You would have been in relatively little risk of looking scummy because Phillinnicus's alignment would not have been revealed with his lynch. Had you been successful, there would be 2 Mafia, two massive anti -Town votes, LYLO and basically a way for the Mafia to win the game Today via the power of two Mafia votes. Risk vs reward is it worth it? I think that you decided in the affirmative.

The rest of the conversation:
    Out of all the quotes that you quoted in post 256, you did not quote post 233. You responded to it but did not quote it. I have little doubt that it was intentional, so as to not draw attention to my reply and accusation against you in that quote but still be able to respond to it.

I do not know whether this is what you do as Town but you definitely do something like this as Mafia. For a good example, see the South Park game where you slipped up about knowing that “Ankeli was Bebe Stevens leaving the toilet seat up” in regards to Jcakes’ role and Laarz questioned you about it. You replied but did not quote a more damaging quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Solar Ice View Post
    Here is another attempt to make you look Town. You mention that you see that there is a lock. And you vote “in case”. In case what? In case your lock is not a lock 8 minutes after 2 players ninja locked him? It smells of wanting in on the train so that players reading and rereading the thread look and see that you have voted.
    I was on the train even without my "just in case" vote. By the way, I don't think my vote was valid since I forgot to unvote kestegs first. Look at how I questioned Phil on D1 and before he had a single vote on D2.
    Very nicely dodged. At best it is irrelevant that your vote did not count and at worst you knew it did not count yet still voted. Why did you feel the need to show everyone that you have voted if you considered yourself to be a part of the train? And worse, long after he was locked.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

vote: goryani

The more I think about it the more it makes sense. I just wanted it to be someone else I guess.

Looks like I'm locked. Oh well. Well played.

The Elm woke up in a haze. A deep, rumbling Whiiirrrrr resounded somewhere nearby. Elm tried to look around, but found itself bound tightly and laying on its back.

"Good morning!" said Palm.

'Oh, 'ello," replied Elm in a cheery manner. "May I ask what we're doing here? And where 'here' is?"

"Of course! We're in the sawmill. We thought it would be apropos for you to be executed via a gigantic buzz saw, much like how you killed Conifer. 'Tit-for-tat', or so the humans say."

"I see, I see. I must say, that is an excellent way to kill something." Elm noticed it was moving, and was apparently tied to something. "May I also ask what I am tied to?"

"Well, funny story about that. You know all those old, cheesy films where the villain ties a helpless female to a log and sends he to be sliced in half before the hero can come save her? We though we'd do the same."

"Yes," said another voice. Birch, most likely. "But finding a girl, let alone one strong enough to support your weight and still look pretty doing so, proved problematic."

"So we improvised!" continued Palm. "You're strapped to a blow up doll! We had it over-nighted. Totally worth the shipping costs."

Elm blinked, and resigned itself to its fate, welcoming the blissful feeling of the buzzsaw cutting through its head. After all, what would be worse; death, or continuing to live with those idiots?

----------------

Goryani has been lynched! He was a Vanilla Town.

----------------

Night has fallen. You know the drill.
    Last edited by Caluin Graye; 01-02-2013 at 22:10.