Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 315
  1. #161
    IncGamers Site Pal Bad Ash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,590

    Re: Returning to the Roots - Mini mafia game

    Quote Originally Posted by Solar Ice View Post
    Day start. Not Day 1. And yes, it did (does) look LAMIST to me.

    I will wait to see what, if anything, Phillinnicus, has to say before re-placing my vote on him.
    which is exactly what I was saying. Should I say "wanna play" and revote for you?

  2. #162
    IncGamers Member Ankeli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,659

    Re: Returning to the Roots - Mini mafia game

    If I had to bet my coins on the 2nd mafioso at this time I'd say it's Kegs. They voted for eachother with Phil during d1 when they saw that the townies lynched one of their own without their help, creating more cover for themselves. That's a long shot though, but I'm not getting it from BA:

  3. #163
    IncGamers Member Goryani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,403

    Re: Returning to the Roots - Mini mafia game

    Quote Originally Posted by Solar Ice View Post
    Same suspects remain for me. Top ones are Kestegs, Phillinnicus and now Ankeli. The main reason for the third is that Zokar seemed a bit suspicious of Ankeli Yesterday, asked him a question which went unanswered and now he ends up dead. Coincidence or not, I do not know. Phil looks to be scum as well, with lots of lurking in plain sight without any real contributions. Kestegs has been talked about at length Yesterday.
    I see that your current suspect list is topped by Bad Ash and Phillinnicus. Are your suspicions of kestegs and Ankeli alleviated? If so, what caused those suspicions to wane?

  4. #164
    IncGamers Member Goryani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,403

    Re: Returning to the Roots - Mini mafia game

    Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    I think when 2 people make a compelling case it's a lot easier to get on board.
    Who were the two people? What were their cases? Did you agree or disagree with their cases?

  5. #165
    D3 Monk Moderator kestegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    BattleTag kestegs-1550
    Posts
    47,569

    Re: Returning to the Roots - Mini mafia game

    Quote Originally Posted by Goryani View Post
    Who were the two people? What were their cases? Did you agree or disagree with their cases?
    You and Zokar, which were the two quotes you provided in the post I was responding to. They were largely the same case, but Zokar's was built upon yours I believe.

    I would say that I could see the logic in their cases. If it had come down to it I would have voted her in favor of a no lynch, but I felt more strongly about phil and solar at that point.

  6. #166
    IncGamers Member Goryani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,403

    Re: Returning to the Roots - Mini mafia game

    Quote Originally Posted by Phillinnicus View Post
    I was overwhelmed in ASoIaF because it was my very first game, I had trouble keeping up with all the new lingo and people's trains of thoughts about the game. There was a lot of information to process.
    I wrote this during N1 of the ASoIaF game:

    Quote Originally Posted by Goryani
    phillinnicus - new player. He's got the eager townie newbie vibe rather than the scared, I'm-in-the-deep-end-now scummy newbie vibe. Rather strange read considering so many players don't think "townie" is in the game. Maybe he's in a House/QT with good coaches. Yes, plural. He speculated that not every house/faction of the book is in the game. By my count, if every house has 2 players, there are several spots left for non-House members. Therefore, I conclude phillinnicus thinks Houses have more than 2 players. Ergo, he's in a house that already has more than 2 players. He mentioned specific rivalries between the bigger players (houses?). He said all the ideas are possible if not plausible. Strange because I see some mutually exclusive ideas. Seems familiar with the theme. He seemed interested in learning what abilities each group has. His group has abilities (plural). He wants to check players early posts based on the groups in the game to see if their posts seem scummy. Pro move of looking back and re-reading.
    I didn't think you were overwhelmed. I didn't think you had trouble keeping up with new lingo. If you had a question you asked. You got your hands dirty by throwing out our own trains of thought.

    Compare that to this game. Just about every good thing I have to say about your play last game is quite the opposite this game. The most disturbing trait I see in you I'll paraphrase as being afraid to speak unless spoken to. You aren't re-reading the thread. You say you should learn more about the roles in order to participate yet I don't see that you've actually done so.

    Such an abrupt change in behavior is most commonly found when someone used to playing townie receives a mafia role for the first time. Townies aren't usually afraid to post their thoughts while mafia frequently are. They are afraid of slipping up and getting lynched. I'm not certain of your role PM in the ASoIaF game, but I think it's closer to townie than mafia. Therefore, you receiving a mafia role this game can still cause your change in behavior.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phillinnicus View Post
    As for the crazy theories part of my post, I meant it in a general sort of sense. Not that there were really any crazy theories flying around but some of them are hard for me to get which makes them seem like stretches for me, this can only be fixed with more game experience and me actually taking the time to check the wiki.
    Which theories were hard for you to get? Why didn't you ask questions if you had them?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phillinnicus View Post
    Never did I complain about there not being much discussion, I just said that there wasn't that much discussion so far. A valid statement I guess, although the talk on possible role distribution (layouts) was the main topic of D1, and which caught Moar in a pickle.
    Multiple times you mentioned lack of discussion as a reason why you weren't participating in the game. "Woe is me: I would participate more if only there was more discussion I could participate in" looks to be an accurate translation. If that isn't accurate, then why did you mention the lack of discussion? What goal did you hope to achieve?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phillinnicus View Post
    I guess the point is: I should try and read up some more on roles and such and respond actively to D1 talk and discussion so I don't get caught in a situation like this.
    Are you more worried about finding mafia or being lynched?

  7. #167
    IncGamers Site Pal Bad Ash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,590

    Re: Returning to the Roots - Mini mafia game

    You don't seem afraid of possibly driving a second Lynch. Does this concern you? I almost just voted phil cause of that post and you were a strong reason for my moar vote as well (fair or not)

    Thoughts?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

  8. #168
    IncGamers Member Goryani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,403

    Re: Returning to the Roots - Mini mafia game

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
    To the others who have not voted (Gory, BA), what do you think of Phil?
    This is a small game. One more mislynch = LYLO.

    Phil isn't radiating towniness but neither are are lot of other players. Phil is acting scummy enough to vote. However, there are only two mafia yet more than two are acting scummy enough to vote for. One scummy player is townie. I'm not voting until I get a better read on which one it is.

  9. #169
    IncGamers Member Goryani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,403

    Re: Returning to the Roots - Mini mafia game

    Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    He's gotta do something to try and save his buddy doesn't he?
    I can't tell if you think it's SI or BA who's trying to save a scum buddy.

  10. #170
    IncGamers Member Goryani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,403

    Re: Returning to the Roots - Mini mafia game

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    You don't seem afraid of possibly driving a second Lynch. Does this concern you? I almost just voted phil cause of that post and you were a strong reason for my moar vote as well (fair or not)

    Thoughts?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I think it's incorrect to say I'd be driving a second lynch today when Phillinnicus was already a L-1 (for a moment) before I made that post.

    I want Phillinnicus to engage and respond and talk in the hopes of determining if he is townie. I don't know how to get him to talk without directing things his way since he doesn't seem to participate in anything else this game.

    See also post 168. D2 in a normal game doesn't usually come with the issue of too many scum to be scum.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •