Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Returning to the Roots - Mini mafia game

All is not well in the forest of Werewood. The trees, always having had some form of minor sentience, are becoming more and more aggressive. Where before they would merely push out those that did not belong amongst their boughs, now the trees were punishing anyone - or thing! - that dared intrude upon what they perceived to be their sacred home.

Some, however, believe this is not enough. Sinister, dark energy infests these trees, and they have resorted to murder. "Extremists!" other trees have cried out. Left no other choice, the trees are waging war amongst themselves to remove the infection that plagues their brothers. Sadly, there is but only one way to know if a tree is infected...

They must cut them down and examine their roots.

------------

This is a mini-mafia game designed for nine players. First nine players to sign up will be our players. This thread will serve as both sign up and gameplay thread.

Standard mafia rules apply. I'm not particularly interested in posting them all over again, so cliff notes version:

1) Each player has a vote per day phase. Votes and unvotes are placed as such:
    Vote: Caluin Graye
    Unvote: CG

As always, I don't really care the formatting, so long as two things are true: I can put 'vote:' into the search filter and find them, and it takes me less than half a second to determine who you're voting for. Unvotes must come before revotes.

2) A person will be locked and lynched at end of the day if they have votes equaling more than half, rounded up, of the players still alive. The lock happens immediately, so vote carefully. (I.E., there is no "will be lynched, but not yet a lock" mechanic)

3) Day will be 48 hours, night 24 hours. No posting in thread during night. We will be starting with a day phase. Mafia will have day talk.

4) This is an open setup game. There will be nine players, two of which are mafia. The setup will be one of these six:
    1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Rolecop, 5 Vanilla Townies, Sane Cop, Doctor.
    1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Rolecop, 5 Vanilla Townies, Sane Cop, Jailkeeper.
    1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Rolecop, 5 Vanilla Townies, Doctor, Jailkeeper.
    1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Rolecop, 6 Vanilla Townies, Sane Cop.
    1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Rolecop, 6 Vanilla Townies, Jailkeeper.
    1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Rolecop, 6 Vanilla Townies, Doctor.

It is up to the town and mafia to determine which of the six setups has been randomly chosen.

5) Town wins when mafia are eliminated. Mafia wins when town is eliminated or they control the lynch.

6) Sample PMs:
    Town PM:
    Win Condition: Town
    Role: Jailkeeper

Mafia PM:
    Win Condition: Mafia
    Role: Goon

If you have any questions, please ask! I'm sort of shotgunning this a bit, so let me know if anything is unclear.

Players alive:
    1) Bad Ash
    2) Solar Ice
    3) Gwaihir
    6) Ankeli
    7) kestegs
    9) Goryani

Players dead:
    4) Moar
    5) Zokar
    8) Phillinicus

Quick links:
    Day One start.

Day one end/day two start.

Day two end/day three start.

Day three end/day four start.

Day four end/finale.
    Last edited by Caluin Graye; 04-02-2013 at 05:43.

BattleTag EuScL- *Solar_Fire

Re: Returning to the Roots - Mini mafia game

I am in!

in..........

Can't resist. I'm in.

BattleTag Zokar -1451

Sign me up!

BattleTag EuScL- *Solar_Fire

I am wondering if it is necessary to have 48 hour Days for 9 players. How about a 24h Day/night interval, similar to Assassin in the Castle? That way if Ph is not ready to host the game after this one is over, why not run another one to give a chance for players that can't make it for this one? Just a suggestion.

I agree with Solar. 24 hours should be enough and if there's a special reason it could be 48h on request.

Quote Originally Posted by Solar Ice View Post
    I am wondering if it is necessary to have 48 hour Days for 9 players. How about a 24h Day/night interval, similar to Assassin in the Castle? That way if Ph is not ready to host the game after this one is over, why not run another one to give a chance for players that can't make it for this one? Just a suggestion.
    As the game progresses, I'll likely shorten both night and day phases. To start the first couple days though, I'd like to give everyone 48 hours so they don't feel rushed into the first few lynches.

Love vanilla games. In.