Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: 1.0.7 - Let's drop some bells - towards a more active playstyle.

I've actually been thinking about this build as well. I wasn't able to fit dashing strike in, since I simply feels it gives too little to justify the skill spot.. Maybe I could incorporate it in another build. In this build, I've actually taken out sweeping winds. I know it's an amazing spell, but it also takes up a lot of spirit, especially when you have to recast it in between fights. Exploding palm has received a nice buff as well. I figured it might be great to cast exploding palm on an elite, and then spam that one for the corpse explosion effect, which has been increased to 50% health! Any thoughts?

http://diablonut.incgamers.com/skill...syMDk2MjgrMQ==

IncGamers Member

Where would you get the spirit to both use WoL, Exploding palm and MoC - Overawe?

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag fenrir-2588

In Hardcore, currently running this build for bells in MP0:

http://diablonut.incgamers.com/skill...sxNTY0ODQrMQ==

FoT: Quickening - Great spirit generator with high crit especially if you hit multiple enemies.
    DS: Quicksilver - Great mobility, can escape jailer. Low cost rune so you can use often
    WoL: Empowered Wave - The bread and butter of this build; Good DPS. Low cost rune to spam.
    SSS: SA - Great supplemental DPS to WoL, short invuln
    Serenity: Peaceful Repose - Hheal, escape, invul
    MoE: Divine Protection - hardcore safety net

Passives - All defensive since I play hardcore. I may drop Sieze the Initiative for Exalted Soul once I feel safe(r). I think you can skip passive spirit regeneration if you use a primary with one of the runes for spirit generation. Currently still a work in progress.

I think SW is a spirit hog and does not synergize well with WoL. edit: I replaced SSS with SW and with quickening, its actually not too bad
    Last edited by VagrantKing; 01-02-2013 at 13:00.

IncGamers Member

I 've been playing with this build today

http://diablonut.incgamers.com/skill...syMDk2NTYrMQ==

Seemes to be very effective on mp5 with 105k dps. Normal mobs are easily die from SW, and I try to keep my spirit high before encountering elites. Then comes blinding flash+overawe+a series of bells. Since my aps is 2.49, the boost from blind is quite significant, and this means that in 3 seconds I usually take down the mobs life by 40-80%. I don't have any spirit regen gear, but the high aps gives very good spirit generation with thunderclap, so even when I can't hit them properly, by the next blinding flash (15 sec) My spirit is full and I can do a full attack again. Ghom on mp5 usually died after the second attack.

IncGamers Member

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/C.../hero/31263977

I've been raping with this. If i had a godly one hander for bells id go with a board and do a backlash variant.
    You're so explosive that you only need serenity once at that critical moment if at all.
    Awe into 3 or 4 bells..im trying to hit 3aps thats the best spirit regen method.
    Id switch to cyclone once better geared.

Love spamming bells so fast. Worse thing atm is EF going off and then i thunderclap/chase elites all over. wich can be good but i hate breaking them up and not getting the aoe.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tombatossals-2797

hey dudes,

why you prefer to drop breath instead of blinding in order to use Bell? breath combined with guiding light gives huge damage in parties, while I find blinding annoying since has to be recasted every few seconds.

Im not an experienced monk user, btw

Tomb

BattleTag Duskmourn-1569

So allow me to explain a few things about how my build actually works.

First I prefer to solo mp6 with this with a templar.
    I have 7.24 spirit regen/sec from gear and 3 from inner storm.
    45% extra damage to Way of the Hundred Fists from gear
    2.43 and 2.68 aps on my dual fists Crystal/Azsturasq with Blazing Fist stacked (and 39runspeed)
    103k sheet dps with blazing wrath/Fist no idea what that translates to with WotHF buff on gear
    786 life regen and 2.8 Life Leech
    43.5k life
    2800 Dex
    19.5%crit
    5% stun
    611 res

The wonderfully amazing thing about how this build plays out is that you actually focus on the mobs with MORE health rather than the ones with less because the bell damage hits everything around it for the same amount and you dashing strike your way around as defense. It's incredibly fun to piss people off in mp3 watching all the mobs around me get knocked back when I shoot off one of these bells (I use guiding light in group play). I lack crit (hopefully that will change when the RNG gods give me some crit/AS gloves with FireRes and crit bracers with good dex/AR-Fire Res/vita, and Shoulders with AR,Fire Res and Vita) and I am building around not using any crit damage because I CAN, and I will do just fine without it!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/D...9/hero/1227391

http://diablonut.incgamers.com/skill...U2KzIxODQxNSsw
    Last edited by Genocides; 15-03-2013 at 04:53.

IncGamers Member metalmusicman04's Avatar

I've been having an absolute blast with this spec in 1.0.7!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5eL7CLi79E

Quote Originally Posted by gakky View Post
    you can get up to 2878 life/kill stat.
    The usefulness of the life per kill stat cannot be overstated for this build. I recently crafted an amulet with 2815 L/K on it and it allows me to ignore every single defensive stat for MP0 play, possibly even for MP1, I haven't tried yet. The new Wave of Light is so powerful, that with half decent gear you'll one shot everything on your screen with the Explosive Light rune, including some Elites. Basically, with some L/K as your only defense, if monsters cannot kill you in one hit, then they cannot kill you at all.

I really enjoy this build, because it works with cheap gear and it really rewards quick reaction times. Missing a Blinding Flash or mistiming Serenity could easily mean instant death, if you go all offense. It's a refreshing change of pace after all the tanky monk builds I used after the release of the game. It's almost like playing a melee Demon Hunter in this regard.

IncGamers Member

I have 2878 L/K 9.5 critc 1.65 SR on my Xeph amulet. Beast for low MP. Only one I have ever seen on AH with both critc and L/K.
    But I don't do low MP anymore so currently selling is US realm.

I love WoL. I am now running MP10 with not one defensive skill, all 3 spirit passives and Inner Storm.